Ban appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban appeal

Postby gary78912 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:57 pm

uhh i think my ingame name for steam is gary78912. Not going to lie, I was just trolling really hard with a group of friends and said I was hacking which is why I knew certain in game information such as all the mafia members. The statement I made saying I "hack" was a joke but the offense of cheating is real so.... Can't a man have some fun making another person get extremely angry over a video game? What is the harm? When I have too many near beers my inner troll child comes out. I love this game and I spent my hard earned cash on it too. Listen fellas, I know what I did was wrong but......Can you throw me a bone....one last time??? This game is near and dear to my heart, the light hearted whimsical humor, the mysteries of the unknown, and the satisfying victory of securing a win as the town.

Regards,
[removed personal information]
gary78912
Jester
Jester

Re: Ban appeal

Postby TrialBot » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:37 am

Please keep in mind that we take you by your word. If you claim to cheat/hack/etc., then you get treated accordingly.
It appears that you got punished by a filter system in the past, as your third report resulted in a ban.

Please keep in mind that you should not use blacklisted slurs, like the homophobic one you used in jail n1.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gary78912 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:38 am

I'm unaware of any hacks in this game and I would imagine there is something to prevent that or detect it. It's like I said, I just told him I hacked to get the reaction. If you read the entire chat log you can see it's me and my friends trolling. Why is there an option to play with friends if you make this a bannable offense? So many games people do this but I just don't care enough to report because.....it's a game...
gary78912
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:34 am

We go by the admission of guilt, so when you claim to have hacked (or cheated), then you get punished, regardless if it were true or not.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gary78912 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:49 am

I understand that but if you read the text, more specifically towards the end or even the very end it is clear I am not hacking. Can I get downgraded to a suspension or is this still going to be a perma ban? At the end of the day im am just going to buy the game again on a different account. It would be nice to not have wasted my money on this account. I really like my vampire skin with ghost pet.....
gary78912
Jester
Jester

Postby gary78912 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:49 am

night two: how you hack this game jailor ?
night two: i wanna know
FatSmellyMexican: stupid noobs
StreetSheitter: he didn't
Transphobic: he didnt
StreetSheitter: you stupid diots
StreetSheitter: its a premade team
night two: ohh
StreetSheitter: holy shit retarded
FatSmellyMexican: LOL
Barack Yomama: you try to troll and you have an old hag name like gary
Barack Yomama: what a loser

If you don't want to go back and read here you go.
gary78912
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:55 am

If it wouldn't have gotten guiltied for claiming to cheat, it would have gotten guiltied for evasion of the hard filter where you called someone the homophobic f-slur.

Regardless, whether or not you cheated or hacked is not the point. Claiming to hack is against the rules.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gary78912 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:18 am

But this ban was for "hacking", which I never have and you can see evidence of that in the chat. I copied it into the thread as well. How can you keep the ban based on my bypassing of the filter when you would never know that if this report did not come in for my false claim of hacking? Claiming to hack was clearly a joke to get that person mad. You can essentially ban multiple people in that one game with all "rules broken" in that chat.
----
I am unsure of a different rule list but according to these https://www.blankmediagames.com/rules/ saying I hack as a joke is not breaking the rules. Because yes, at the end of the day it was a joke.
---
Let me no sooner than later please, I need to know if I have to spend the last of my paycheck for a new copy of town of salem. Heh....Keeping the working class down gets you guys going? Keeping the poor poorer? Does this get your "rocks" off huh? *walks away into the sunset*

Regards,
[Removed personal information]
Last edited by Jerme on Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multipost.
gary78912
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:31 am

Please do not multipost, but use the edit button instead.

Also the mentioned "saying to hack as a joke" is not a mentioned exception from it. The claim to have hacked is giving you an unfair edge, as players believe you and your claim, which is then again cheating.

Just as a sidenote: Its your decision to play this game, not ours that make you continue to play the game, so do not blame us for "making" you pay for this game.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gary78912 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:08 am

So are we going to keep beating around the sheriff's bush or are you going to unban me? You guys keep trying to make this a valid report but if we are being technical we both know that it is not valid. Lol I can say so many other things that can "give me an edge" as you put it, but that one phrase is a no go? Nobody has given me a definitive answer yet. Who is your manager because you clowns can't give me an answer and try to twist this to keep me banned when it is far from valid.
gary78912
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:22 am

Since you feel like insulting staff is a good idea to do whilst appealing, I'm going to go ahead and put a lock on this thread.

You can wait for the final verdict from an Admin, which will take anywhere between days and months. But keep in mind that only invalid reports can get appealed and yours is most definitely valid.

Anywho: Consider yourself publicly warned that trying to flame or bait staff will NOT work in your favor and the next time you feel like doing so, you will be met with the punishment that goes with staff-baiting.

Locking until Admin reply.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:59 pm

Claiming to 'hack' and 'cheat' has always been guilty, since Alpha. Just because the Developers don't explicitly mention it in the rules page (which hasn't been updated for years mind-you), doesn't mean it isn't against the rules. See;
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P7V ... j97pc/edit

Playing with friends isn't against the rules. Where you came up with that conclusion from you breaking the rules is beyond me. The issue is you claimed to have hacked, and that's enough for a guilty.

The "faggot" evasion by saying "fggit" is enough to warrant keeping this ban a permanent one, aside from your four strikes on your account. You claim to troll, but really you're a toxic individual and we have no room for you in our community.

Appeal Denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals