Incorrect Account Linked With Steam

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Incorrect Account Linked With Steam

Postby XangWok » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:11 am

I have bought the steam version of the game and I can't login using steam because it tries to log in with an account that I didn't create.
Regular login doesn't appear to work either, I click on play game and it just brings up the link with steam prompt.
XangWok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Incorrect Account Linked With Steam

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:21 am

When you start the Steamclient, you have the normal textfields for your username and password, which you can use to login.
In regards of the linked account: Has someone else access to your Steamaccount?
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby XangWok » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Nobody else has access to my Steam account, and the regular text fields will log in but they say that I have to have premium, this account was created a very very long time ago.
XangWok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 pm

Which account do you login with when you try the "login with Steam"-button?
Your current account might have been created a long time ago, but it does not have any played game, which is why your account did not get a free pass to play without a premium upgrade.
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby XangWok » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 am

It says an account named Visual is the account linked to Steam which I never created.
XangWok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:45 am

Then it seems that someone else used your Steamaccount to link their toS account with it.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby XangWok » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:53 am

I have the steam authenticator on my phone, I know for certain that nobody else logged into my account.
XangWok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:03 am

Since the beginning, or have you got that later?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby XangWok » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:46 pm

Since way before I bought town of salem. I just looked at my account activity and there's nobody else that has access to my account.
XangWok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:22 am

Well, I believe you could contact the devs via info@blankmediagames.com with this and ask them to unlink the Steamaccount. Keep in mind you have to give some info that said steamaccount belongs in fact to you.
As a sidenote: The account called Visual was created in 2014, so its quite some time ago, when the link happened.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby XangWok » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:56 pm

What's the email linked to it? I have a few addresses and if it's one of mine I can recover it.
XangWok
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:48 pm

This is something I cannot tell you.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Ask Questions