Allowing Mafia to target other Mafia

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Allowing Mafia to target other Mafia

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:37 am

I have no idea if this has been suggested before but I feel Mafia should be able to target another mafia member.

My reasoning is that without a Transporter, a Spy can easily narrow down who is mafia by seeing who the mafia visited but I feel Mafia roles should be able to target other mafia members to kind of help with that and maybe help in other ways too such as killing your own mafia member and cleaning them when they are suspected to make town unsure of how many mafia there are.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know. I have some examples of how this could help mafia if you want, just ask.
JacksonVirgo
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Allowing Mafia to target other Mafia

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:58 am

This sounds good in theory, but is a breeding ground for gamethrowers in practice. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the ways Mafia can gamethrow if they target each other:

-Mafioso/GF intentionally killing their own teammates
-Framer framing the GF so that he pings as suspicious to the Sheriff
-Consort continuously roleblocking the Mafioso/GF so they can’t kill, Consig so they can’t look for roles, or any other important member of the Mafia so they can’t do their thing.
-Blackmailer blackmailing his own crew so they can’t speak, especially when the Town is sus of them.
Forger/Janitor wasting their charges on Mafia members who probably aren’t going to die.

So /nosupport on this change. Way too dangerous.
MysticMismagius
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby NyanCats4Days » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:This sounds good in theory, but is a breeding ground for gamethrowers in practice. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the ways Mafia can gamethrow if they target each other:

-Consort continuously roleblocking the Mafioso/GF so they can’t kill, Consig so they can’t look for roles, or any other important member of the Mafia so they can’t do their thing.
-Blackmailer blackmailing his own crew so they can’t speak, especially when the Town is sus of them.
Forger/Janitor wasting their charges on Mafia members who probably aren’t going to die.

Isn't that why the report button is a thing?

Isn't that why banning is a thing?

The chances of someone killing own team mates is the same chance of someone revealing all mafia names to the town

Just report it
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:35 pm

NyanCats4Days wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:This sounds good in theory, but is a breeding ground for gamethrowers in practice. Here is a non-exhaustive list of the ways Mafia can gamethrow if they target each other:

Isn't that why the report button is a thing?

Isn't that why banning is a thing?

The chances of someone killing own team mates is the same chance of someone revealing all mafia names to the town

Just report it
The game already has mechanics in place that discourage griefing/gamehthrowing. Not allowing Mafia roles to target each other counts among them. You wouldn't put a button in place that allows an Arsonist to douse themselves without a Witch/Trans, so I don't see why we should put a button that allows Mafiosos to intentionally kill their teammates.
MysticMismagius
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby NyanCats4Days » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:47 pm

3 people left

Transporter

Framer

Mafioso

You see why the mafioso should target the framer?

Mafia needs a buff. And this is it
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Mikemk » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:28 pm

NyanCats4Days wrote:3 people left

Transporter

Framer

Mafioso

Mafia needs a buff. And this is it

No, mafioso should not attack, and then lynch the transporter.
Mikemk
Medium
Medium

Postby Flake » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:38 pm

NyanCats4Days wrote:3 people left

Transporter

Framer

Mafioso

:ThinkWut:

I get your point in saying that the option of attacking a Mafia team mate might be beneficial to Mafia in situational circumstances

But this is one of the worst examples you could've possibly given
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Villagerlover » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:11 pm

I see no real reason to implement this at all.

The only "good" I can see coming from this is to deceive spies. But I don't think the Spy should even be allowed to see mafia visits at all cause it just hard counters them.
So overall, it doesn't make sense to me to come up with a hard counter to a hard counter.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby NyanCats4Days » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:19 pm

Villagerlover wrote:I see no real reason to implement this at all.

The only "good" I can see coming from this is to deceive spies. But I don't think the Spy should even be allowed to see mafia visits at all cause it just hard counters them.
So overall, it doesn't make sense to me to come up with a hard counter to a hard counter.

If spy cant see mafia and coven visits I would literally cry everytime I get spy because bugs barely even help.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Flake » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:25 pm

This honestly

Spy is just mechanically a bad role as it is due to it being able to see Mafia visits
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Mikemk » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 pm

What would be left for Spy? BMG doesn't remove roles with achievements, and yet bugging is useless.
Mikemk
Medium
Medium

Postby Villagerlover » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Mikemk wrote:

What would be left for Spy? BMG doesn't remove roles with achievements, and yet bugging is useless.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=97759
I legit just made this topic.
Could use some opinions over there
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Suggestions