Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Post anything related to the game here!

Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Tailslover13 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:20 pm

As an avid reader of the appeals thread, for entertainment purposes, I see a lot of the same excuses pop up all the time. They make me roll my eyes and infuriate me so much, and I REALLY want to respond in the appeals to tell these people off and give them a dose of reality, but knowing that the mods delete anyone who posts in someone's appeal other than mods or admins, I know I can't. But, still, it's so baffling how stupid so many people can be. So, just for fun, here is my top 5 list of the dumbest appeal excuses I've seen so far:

5. "Nate Higgers is actually my real name! How DARE you assume that it's not and that I'm actually being racist! Yeah, sure, there are literally 5-10 appeals per day where people are putting 'Nate Higgers' as their usernames, but this simply means there are a lot of Nate Higgers in this world! I demand to be unbanned because this is very unfair because I can't help what my totally real name is!"

4. "Niger is an actual country in West Africa, you uncultured idiots! How DARE you assume that I was being racist by avoiding the hard filter by leaving off one g on the word! Yeah, a ton of people use this username, but it's so obvious that a ton of people take a huge interest in West Africa and love the country of Niger! So you unban me right now and educate yourselves, you snowflakes!"

3. "I didn't do it! My little brother used my account without my knowledge and THEY said all those things! Completely ignore the fact that a ton of little brothers apparently do this to many other people, and say the same things. And also ignore my past reports where I've said the same things. They're all wrong! I'm a special case! My brother did this, so don't punish me for what he did!"

2. "Yes, what I did was wrong, but it was clearly a joke! Everything today is a joke, friends. Being racist, and loving to rape people, and being sexist, and praising Hitler, and talking about sex-related acts, and insulting liberals, and being antisemitic...all just jokes, you stupid snowflakes! Learn what jokes are and unban me this instant. Jokes should never be taken seriously, duh!"

1. "Spamming the things I did was legit strategy! Do you idiots know anything about strategy? My strategy is a very good strategy! I purposely act like I'm gamethrowing, and being a racist, sexist piece of shit, but actually it's all part of my convoluted plan on how to win the game! Also, did I mention it's my vet bait? Clearly my strats are too advanced for your feeble minds to comprehend. So sad."
Last edited by Tailslover13 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tailslover13
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 1970 1:16 pm
Location: North America

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby lalasex » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm

WELP 2 was me today btw xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
RIP Town of Salem 2017-2018

You will not be remembered


Image
User avatar
lalasex
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 5:15 am
Location: Russia

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Helicooler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Lmao we get this every week
# 


Last edited by Helicooler on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Helicooler
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 am
Location: Waiting for the night show.

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby RevengeoftheRaccoon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 pm

good thread
ecs dee
User avatar
RevengeoftheRaccoon
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:56 am
Location: If you care about mine, hello sociopath buddy

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Marmalaid274 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:39 pm

get a life
it's me i am the sky
User avatar
Marmalaid274
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:52 am

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:42 pm

RevengeoftheRaccoon wrote:good thread

Marmalaid274 wrote:get a life

these are both accurate responses
Image


FM: 24-32
Last: NFM66
Highest BtM placement: 2nd (twice)
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: Fogbound Lake (UTC-7)

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Tailslover13 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:47 pm

Marmalaid274 wrote:get a life


Says the person with no life who is here commenting on a thread just to post that. Hypocrisy is a good friend, I must admit. :D
User avatar
Tailslover13
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 1970 1:16 pm
Location: North America

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Marmalaid274 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Tailslover13 wrote:
Marmalaid274 wrote:get a life


Says the person with no life who is here commenting on a thread just to post that. Hypocrisy is a good friend, I must admit. :D

post your muscles or shut up
it's me i am the sky
User avatar
Marmalaid274
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:52 am

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Crimson97 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Marmalaid274 wrote:
Tailslover13 wrote:
Marmalaid274 wrote:get a life


Says the person with no life who is here commenting on a thread just to post that. Hypocrisy is a good friend, I must admit. :D

post your muscles or shut up

Image
Image


Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Crimson97
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Marmalaid274 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:37 pm

those are only your anterior muscles and not posterior

and it's missing the abdominal linea and muscles on the face that i forgot about because that exam was a couple months ago

give me your latismus dorsi or give me death
it's me i am the sky
User avatar
Marmalaid274
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:52 am

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby panapparos » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:16 am

Tailslover13 wrote:A
2. "Yes, what I did was wrong, but it was clearly a joke! Everything today is a joke, friends. Being racist, and loving to rape people, and being sexist, and praising Hitler, and talking about sex-related acts, and insulting liberals, and being antisemitic...all just jokes, you stupid snowflakes! Learn what jokes are and unban me this instant. Jokes should never be taken seriously, duh!"


One of these things is not like the others...
panapparos
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:49 am

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Helicooler » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:24 am

did you say one?
# 


Last edited by Helicooler on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Helicooler
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 am
Location: Waiting for the night show.

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby ChemicalKing » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:47 pm

Niger is an actual country, though. Regardless of anything else, it seems like there has to be one lamer than that to include in the top five.
ChemicalKing
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Helicooler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:21 am

Do you not think its for filter evasion tho
# 


Last edited by Helicooler on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Helicooler
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 am
Location: Waiting for the night show.

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby eriel9 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:05 am

I feel like Niger is filter evasion. When does someone have to bring up Niger specifically for something??
Image
Make food your friend, not your enemy
My dragons exist here until I figure out something better to put.
Image
Image
User avatar
eriel9
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:23 am

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby shadowslayer501 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:48 pm

2. "Yes, what I did was wrong, but it was clearly a joke! Everything today is a joke, friends. Being racist, and loving to rape people, and being sexist, and praising Hitler, and talking about sex-related acts, and insulting liberals, and being antisemitic...all just jokes, you stupid snowflakes! Learn what jokes are and unban me this instant. Jokes should never be taken seriously, duh!"

Let's be real here, who has ever said "I love to rape people" and was not joking. Everyone has their on sense of humor and some people, like myself, love that dark sense of humor. The problem is a lot of people does not understand that it is humor and take it very seriously (rightfully so). I feel like we need to become reddit and add /s after every joke we make so people know we are not serious about everything. I know this from experience as I have jested many times over texts and my friends thought I was being serious. However, when I make the same joke face to face, they understand that it is a joke and I am not being serious at all.


TL:DR Maf be like that
shadowslayer501
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby Meganloves » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 pm

The appeals are the best thing about the forums lol :BlobTea:
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER

King Lily

Image
User avatar
Meganloves
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby ChemicalKing » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Helicooler wrote:Do you not think its for filter evasion tho


Context is important. The instances in which you are referring to Niger should be clear to anyone reading/watching.
ChemicalKing
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby RevengeoftheRaccoon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:48 pm

coming soon near you

top 5 dumbest reports
ecs dee
User avatar
RevengeoftheRaccoon
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:56 am
Location: If you care about mine, hello sociopath buddy

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby KatiyaKramer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Meganloves wrote:The appeals are the best thing about the forums lol :BlobTea:

:WeSmart: She ain't wrong.
Favorite roles: Jester, Witch, Consig, Veteran, Vampire Hunter, Jailor, Lookout, aannnndddd sometimes vampire.
Least favorite roles: Medium and Survivor

Image
All hail Shelbow

TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
User avatar
KatiyaKramer
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby fwogcarf » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:40 pm

i forgot what racism was
Image

I am sorry for everything I have done
User avatar
fwogcarf
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Zero people care

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby ChemicalKing » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:26 am

RevengeoftheRaccoon wrote:coming soon near you

top 5 dumbest reports


This would be difficult. 95% of reports would fall into this category.
ChemicalKing
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Top 5 Dumbest Appeal Excuses

Postby XxCottonCandyxX » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 pm

I hate the "i'm afk" + whatever excuse like had to get dinner, had to get the doorbell, telephone etc. Because I feel like it used to be used as maf to get out of claiming. So now if someone really is afk, they just appear like they're maf. Like, you can't give them the benefit of the doubt. And personally I just think it's shit play because if you really couldn't play uninterrupted, you shouldn't play ToS at all. I think regardless of your reason, if you were afk it's enough for town to lynch you. Whenever there's someone afk or claim afk (most annoying is when someone claims afk for several nights in theri will, or afk on the night where something happened which their role could otherwise check out, e.g. a LO that was on revealed jailor since n1, but was afk on n3 and n4, and let's say jailor died on n3)) I always lynch as town, and if they turn out to be town I report.
XxCottonCandyxX
Escort
Escort
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:51 pm


Return to Town of Salem Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest