Is VFR ever fair?

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Re: Is VFR ever fair?

Postby Tharok » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Why wouldn't I push you? People who call out randomly are always the most suspicious.
Oh, alright, cool, well you seem fun.
Firestorm wrote:"When you put a bunch of broken pieces together in the right way, suddenly they don't seem so broken anymore."

Professor Farnsworth wrote:"Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything."

Favorite Role: Transporter
Favorite Pro Wrestler: RobVanDam
Favorite Book: "The Magician's Nephew" by C.S. Lewis
Tharok
Lookout
Lookout

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:04 am

Tharok wrote:Why wouldn't I push you? People who call out randomly are always the most suspicious.

How is it random, when 5 town roles are known, and youve got better than a 50% shot at pushing on an evil?

Or late game when theres 2 mafia left and 4 people havent claimed or given any info? You just dont ask those 4 players for a role claim, or what? Wait until mafia needs 1 day to gain majority, and then mislynch?

I dont see many mafia or NKs randomly calling out tho.... perhaps mafia, if they have the numbers to vote, but even then, its not random who theyre calling out
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Tharok » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:26 am

What are you talking about? How is it not random when you literally don't know for a fact if the person is evil?
"Better than a 50% chance" still is not 100 and still leaves you with the possibility of random lynching a town member.
Furthermore, again by your own admittance, you are describing "an optimal situation", something which is far from the norm in this game.
Firestorm wrote:"When you put a bunch of broken pieces together in the right way, suddenly they don't seem so broken anymore."

Professor Farnsworth wrote:"Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything."

Tharok
Lookout
Lookout

Postby BlastingOff » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:01 am

Tharok wrote:What are you talking about? How is it not random when you literally don't know for a fact if the person is evil?
"Better than a 50% chance" still is not 100 and still leaves you with the possibility of random lynching a town member.
Furthermore, again by your own admittance, you are describing "an optimal situation", something which is far from the norm in this game.

I wouldn't call VFRing the dude that has not even said a word yet very random
BlastingOff
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Tharok » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 am

It does not have very much to do with the game itself and is not really based on any sort of information. That sounds random to me.
Statistically, someone who has been quiet is just as likely to be a town member as they are someone who is evil. The only evidence anyone has one way or the other is anecdotal and hardly concrete.

Tharok
Lookout
Lookout

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:54 am

Tharok wrote:What are you talking about? How is it not random when you literally don't know for a fact if the person is evil?

Well, its a game of deduction for town. Having 5 knowns (out of 9) puts you in an optimal position. That is the information VFR is based on. Known roles wont be pushed. If you are unknown, you are fair game for lynching at any time, especially with no will. Not claiming puts town at a disadvantage, especially when youre not that important of a role. If jailor/mayor is known and is pushing on someone, theres no reason to not vote with them.

I play every role I get to the most optimal plays i know, I never randomly target with any role, and always have a plan of 3-4 nights in advance, which can change depending on daily events.

Saying VFR isnt fair, is like saying sheriff checking someone quiet isnt fair.... or 2 sheriffs whispering each other, so they can check 2 targets in 1 night isnt fair. Or sheriff NOT checking a LO claim that gave info isnt fair. Why should i waste a night checking someone quiet, when i can force them to show a will during the day? Will is good? great! I can check 1 of the other unknowns at night... either way, a townie is dieing that night and theres 1 less vote next day
Last edited by kyuss420 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyuss420
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby BasicFourLife » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:44 am

Are you fucking dumby dumb dumb, you cant rely on 100% chances not to mention putting people on stand gives you more time for the entire day. If you don’t use all 3 trials each day, you’re hard throwing as Town. Not to mention, scumreading is a thing but your brain is too dumby to comprehend.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DanBarna » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:18 am

VFR works but takes out all the fun out of the game.
DanBarna

Postby Google » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:36 pm

DanBarna wrote:VFR works but takes out all the fun out of the game.

w h y t h e b u m p
guess i'll be here for a while longer.
Google
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:21 am

DanBarna wrote:VFR works but takes out all the fun out of the game.

I dont find it fun when town does absolutely nothing for 2 days, because the sheriff died and ''we cant proove anything'' or the sheriff actually finds someone sus but ''he could be exe, saying you found someone sus doesnt proove anything''

meanwhile it gets to 4v4 or 3v3 and town start screaming for town to vote (what town??)

I mean its a game of deduction for town, and a game of deception for evils, the whole point of the game is asking for claims to find who is lieing, why wouldnt i start playing day 2??
kyuss420
Vigilante
Vigilante

Previous

Return to Strategic Discussion