Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 4000 VIEWS!)

Old Role Ideas

Is this a good role?

Yes
11
42%
No
8
31%
Needs work (just post it, m8)
7
27%
 
Total votes : 26

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Hawkwing425 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Mystoc wrote:the concept of the role isn't a joke

but the lore certainly is a joke and will never added into the game as is Honestly, the lore doesn't matter. That can be changed. If your argument is solely about the lore sucking, that's a pretty shitty argument right there.

a party planner who hosts parties at houses and somehow forces everyone inculding evil people to dance?? whaaaaat yea no No, they aren't forcing people to dance. The people caught the Dance Fever.

maybe if it was clarified the role was some type of laidback magician type person who just likes to party so they they cast a spell on a dwelling each night to enchant the occupants of the house to feel the irresistible urge to dance i could see it working So when are you going to get to the gameplay aspects of the role instead of whining about the lore?

================================

or just make it weaken people so they have take a resspit every third night because they feel to weak One, read a dictionary. Two, read what I said earlier again. It's an "illness" of sorts. It comes and goes in waves.

call it Leech or Siphoner it takes part of people's energy who visit a place and uses its for its own Now you're just telling me to make a different role.

==================================

that fact all it really does is make games last longer and can win with everyone makes this role hugely town sided And Survivor is totally okay. Not like everyone lynches them first chance because "every Surv sides with evil"

if evil roles are forced to take break and dance a night every so often that means they aren't killing, if they aren't killing for some nights games will last longer, if games last longer town gets more info, a town with more info finds evils, if town who find evils they hang them, town who hang evils will win more

see the problem? Did you miss the part about "EVERYONE IS AFFECTED"? If PP was helpful to the Town, I'd make him/her/them a Town role.
However, PP isn't always a good guy. And besides, when PP shows up, not every evil role immediately starts getting auto-blocked.
And the Town can't get info if the investigative roles are dancing that night, can they?


town will never hang you cause you're actually a beneficial thing for town HA

sure evils can kill you if yourself reveal but your so useful to town that i feel TP would be justified in protecting you See previous comments.
They're all in pink.



the concept is cool lore is horrible and the goal needs to change so if it wins town loses Nobody cares about the lore, and PP isn't an evil role all the time. Therefore, they are a Neutral Chaos role. If you want to make your own evil role, you do that. However, this is MY role. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Whining is not.

a lot people are saying this is too much PB like and i agree true you posted this idea before PB was a thing but that doesn't change the fact this a weaker PB with a very bad goal This was made way before PB. Besides, PB is kind of overpowered, while PP is more balanced.

cool concept but /nosupport
And no support for you, either, sir.
User avatar
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 pm
Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Mystoc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:15 pm

you don't seem to take feedback very well and are hostile to negative feedback what do you mean you dont support me? this is your role

===============================================

ok they aren't being forced to dance by why would an evil person choose dance over killing people it makes no sense
ok but what is dance fever is it magic what does dance fever mean??

lore is actually a very important part of a role if its not lore friendly it won't be added into the game like if i tried to add the pilot who flies around in plane to see who leaves their house at night the role wouldn't be added because there weren't airplanes in the 1690s


===============================================

look even it the dance fever affects town its still town sided

they still have day chat to ask for and roles and such so they are still sharing and getting info and asking for info even if the town got roleblocked there night abilities are was less important than a night ability that kills people

longer games mean town has more days to get info since less killing happens it doesn't matter if town doesn't have night actions

towns main win condition is hanging people which does not happen during the night
evils win condition is killing people which does happen during the night

the downside for town is basically non existent
i think the idea of the role is a cool but the debuff is very town sided

=======================================

you need to change the goal or make their be more of downside for town

like what if you made it so people with dance fever cant vote that night after they are forced to dance
this way town is hurt too by this their voting power during the day is crippled while evils killing power during the night is crippled that way its fair
User avatar
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Hawkwing425 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Mystoc wrote:you don't seem to take feedback very well and are hostile to negative feedback what do you mean you dont support me? this is your role While you may not have had negative intentions, you still mostly complained about nonimportant and trivial features, like the lore, as well as put forth incorrect arguments.

===============================================

ok they aren't being forced to dance by why would an evil person choose dance over killing people it makes no sense PP IS NOT EVIL. They are neutral. Are all Amnesiacs and Survivors evil? No. Neither is the Party Planner.
ok but what is dance fever is it magic what does dance fever mean?? Dance Fever is a fever. And sure, we've got witches and angels, it could be a magical fever. It isn't too important.

lore is actually a very important part of a role if its not lore friendly it won't be added into the game like if i tried to add the pilot who flies around in plane to see who leaves their house at night the role wouldn't be added because there weren't airplanes in the 1690s There also wasn't a Mafia back then. PP's lore affects nothing in the game and can be changed at will.


===============================================

look even it the dance fever affects town its still town sided

they still have day chat to ask for and roles and such so they are still sharing and getting info and asking for info even if the town got roleblocked there night Evil roles are NOT BLOCKED EVERY NIGHT. Also, you're more likely to "infect" a Townie, due to numbers.abilities are was less important than a night ability that kills people The Bodyguard/Doctor or Doctor/Doctor combo would like to object to that statement.

longer games mean town has more days to get info since less killing happens it doesn't matter if town doesn't have night actions You seem to have it in your head that once you're "infected", you can't do anything for the rest of the game, ever. Read the role again. EVERY THREE DAYS FROM INFECTION.

towns main win condition is hanging people which does not happen during the night
evils win condition is killing people which does happen during the night

the downside for town is basically non existent
1- Townies are NOT immune to the PP's Dance Fever. They suffer as much as any other role.
2- Not all "evil" roles have to kill or even have an ability at night, i.e. Jester and Exe.

i think the idea of the role is a cool but the debuff is very town sided

=======================================

you need to change the goal or make their be more of downside for town No reason to.

like what if you made it so people with dance fever cant vote that night after they are forced to dance
this way town is hurt too by this their voting power during the day is crippled while evils killing power during the night is crippled that way its fair It's not fair because it's unnecessary. Just like your argument ;)
User avatar
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 pm
Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Mystoc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:56 pm

PP IS NOT EVIL. They are neutral. Are all Amnesiacs and Survivors evil? No. Neither is the Party Planner.


no i ment lets say party planner host a party at SKs house why would the sk be like sure lets party! he's a ruthless killer is dance fever some magical affliction? is the role magical?

=================================================

yea your not seeing it IT DOESN'T MATTER if the dance fever isn't every night it still more negative to evils then town

evils win condition is killing during the night towns win condition is hanging during the day

even if its every 3rd now it still hurts evils more than town don't deny it

town being the majority they may mean they get infected more then evils but its hurts them way less

your also forgetting theres many town roles that don't visit mayor vet jailor meduim ret, since cant visit they can only get the dance fever if you directly pick their house to host the party so it's much less likely to happen to them

evil roles all visit though so even though their more town they are less likely to visit a house that with dance fever since they have some roles who cant visit

============================================================

you are ignoring all the points i make about this role cleary being town sided you have yet address any of the points i have made

this is most likey the last feedback i have to give good luck on this role
User avatar
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Hawkwing425 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:29 am

Mystoc wrote:
PP IS NOT EVIL. They are neutral. Are all Amnesiacs and Survivors evil? No. Neither is the Party Planner.


no i ment lets say party planner host a party at SKs house why would the sk be like sure lets party! he's a ruthless killer is dance fever some magical affliction? is the role magical? Honestly, who cares? Does that affect gameplay?

=================================================

yea your not seeing it IT DOESN'T MATTER if the dance fever isn't every night it still more negative to evils then town

evils win condition is killing during the night towns win condition is hanging during the day NOT ALL EVIL ROLES KILL AND NOT ALL TOWNIES DO NOTHING AT NIGHT

even if its every 3rd now it still hurts evils more than town don't deny it

town being the majority they may mean they get infected more then evils but its hurts them way less Why?

your also forgetting theres many town roles that don't visit mayor vet jailor meduim ret, since cant visit they can only get the dance fever if you directly pick their house to host the party so it's much less likely to happen to them That doesn't mean it can't happen.

evil roles all visit though so even though their more town they are less likely to visit a house that with dance fever since they have some roles who cant visit Jester. Executioner. Ringing a bell?

============================================================

you are ignoring all the points i make about this role cleary being town sided you have yet address any of the points i have made This is like playing chess with a pigeon; you can be right, but the pigeon will shit all over the board and strut about victoriously anyways.

this is most likey the last feedback i have to give good luck on this role Something tells me it's not the last.
User avatar
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 pm
Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby TheNightmareFox » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:43 am

To point out.....mayor doesn't even have a night action
Ret has a one time use
Vet could alert and kill pp
Jailor jails his target's I believe that counts though it's been a while since I've played so that might have changed

Though I suggest making it so only one can be in a game
Last edited by BS4125 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please refrain from multi-posting
Image

R.I.P. Puffle a great friend
May she return soon as she's missed by all



Spoiler: Hells Island 2 is delayed until further notice. Instead take this password. "Woof Woof MothaFucka."
User avatar
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:00 pm
Location: In You Head...Or Your Closet

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Mystoc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:05 am

TheNightmareFox wrote:To point out.....mayor doesn't even have a night action
Ret has a one time use
Vet could alert and kill pp
Jailor jails his target's I believe that counts though it's been a while since I've played so that might have changed
'

'jailors jailing ability is a day ability he can still jail he just cant execute if he has dance fever

1) NOT ALL EVIL ROLES KILL AND NOT ALL TOWNIES DO NOTHING AT NIGHT


yes but evils that dont kill their goal is kill all town even if they don't have a killing action it hurts them because their teammates that do kill can get dance fever, this hurts the factions kill per night overall

the evils that dont kill are on a team that needs to kill during the night just cause some aren't stopped from killing doesn't mean it won't hurt their teammates that's just as bad
(the only exception to this i can think of is witch)

2) Why?


ok town can hang evils they are the majority, evils cant hang town during the day since they are the minority they relay on killing during the night to whittle down town so they can gain voting power late game, with no killing action happening some nights games will last longer giving town more time to get info cant you see how that's town sided i really don't understand why you don't get this

3) That doesn't mean it can't happen.


never said it couldn't happen just that it's less likely since town have more non visiting roles then evil roles, that's all i really have too say about this


4) Jester. Executioner. Ringing a bell?


i'm not sure your being intentionally obtuse

having dance fever doesn't hurt them though they dont have a wincondtion to kill people or have teammates who would be hurt by dance fever

jester - get hanged why should jester care if he has to dance at night he doesnt
exe - get a person hanged why should exe care if he has to dance at night he doesn't

these actions both happen during the day

dont u see the problem your role only hurts people who rely on night actions AKA evils and day actions AKA town

just because you can name evils roles that don't visit doesnt mean its ok the role hurts other evils way more then it does town, since the evil roles you listed don't care about dance fever your point about them being non visitors is irrelevant


5) This is like playing chess with a pigeon; you can be right, but the pigeon will shit all over the board and strut about victoriously anyways.


no comment

6) Something tells me it's not the last.


if you are bringing up actual points that haven't been addressed i will respond this time you did so responded

if what you're saying is points i already addressed then i wont respond because then its not constructive feedback it's just me repeating myself

cant you see this role is clearly town sided?

i have even given you ideas to fix the problem with role being town sided make it so people with dance fever cant vote the night they are forced to dance

boom problem solved now its equally hurts town and evils roles

but you just disregard it i don't understand, this role is clearly town sided

but you're not giving any points to why it isnt town sided? like whats convincing you its not?

list this ways this can hurt town and then think of all the ways this hurts evils roles who must kill during the night and saying that it doesn't happen every night doesn't mean it doesn't hurt evil roles because it does
Last edited by BS4125 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please refrain from multi-posting
User avatar
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Hawkwing425 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:16 pm

TheNightmareFox wrote:Though I suggest making it so only one can be in a game I like the limit idea, but there's already a limit of 2 per game.


Mystoc wrote:
1) NOT ALL EVIL ROLES KILL AND NOT ALL TOWNIES DO NOTHING AT NIGHT


yes but evils that dont kill their goal is kill all town even if they don't have a killing action it hurts them because their teammates that do kill can get dance fever, this hurts the factions kill per night overall Dude. Speak English. I don't understand this.

the evils that dont kill are on a team that needs to kill during the night just cause some aren't stopped from killing doesn't mean it won't hurt their teammates that's just as bad You mean Mafioso? I don't see the problem here, though.
(the only exception to this i can think of is witch)

2) Why?


ok town can hang evils they are the majority, evils cant hang town during the day since they are the minority they relay on killing during the night to whittle down town so they can gain voting power late game, with no killing action happening some nights games will last longer giving town more time to get info cant you see how that's town sided i really don't understand why you don't get this Simple. Have you ever heard of "deception"? You can DECEIVE the town to believe that someone who is good is evil, and that good person will be lynched. I'm certain everyone's lynched at least one good guy because they were deceived by an evil role before. Also, for the EIGHTEENTH TIME, TOWNIES ARE NOT IMMUNE TO PP AND CAN BE ROLEBLOCKED LIKE EVIL OR NEUTRAL ROLES. THERE IS NO IMBALANCE IN THAT.

3) That doesn't mean it can't happen.


never said it couldn't happen just that it's less likely since town have more non visiting roles then evil roles, that's all i really have too say about this Less likely by maybe 5%. Besides, you don't just affect visiting roles.


4) Jester. Executioner. Ringing a bell?


i'm not sure your being intentionally obtuse If you're going to call me names, just go right to "you're being an idiot and here's why". No need for fancy words. I don't think I've ever heard anyone use "obtuse" in reference to intelligence in real life before. EVER.

having dance fever doesn't hurt them though they dont have a wincondtion to kill people or have teammates who would be hurt by dance fever And this is helping town HOW?

jester - get hanged why should jester care if he has to dance at night he doesnt
exe - get a person hanged why should exe care if he has to dance at night he doesn't

these actions both happen during the day

dont u see the problem your role only hurts people who rely on night actions AKA evils and day actions AKA town Hold up. You just gave 2 evil roles that only need to work during the day and you say that helps townies who, in some cases, actually visit people AT NIGHT? 404 LOGIC NOT FOUND PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER

just because you can name evils roles that don't visit doesnt mean its ok the role hurts other evils way more then it does town, since the evil roles you listed don't care about dance fever your point about them being non visitors is irrelevant None of what you just said supports that town roles are at an advantage here! YOU JUST DISPROVED YOUR OWN ARGUMENT AND ARE STILL STICKING TO YOUR VIEWPOINT, SOMEHOW!


5) This is like playing chess with a pigeon; you can be right, but the pigeon will shit all over the board and strut about victoriously anyways.


no comment

6) Something tells me it's not the last.


if you are bringing up actual points that haven't been addressed i will respond this time you did so responded

if what you're saying is points i already addressed then i wont respond because then its not constructive feedback it's just me repeating myself Translation: "Given new evidence, I will continue to ignore it and repeat my previous, incorrect statements." I've put forward valid points and you continue to not take them into account.

cant you see this role is clearly town sided? No, because it isn't.

i have even given you ideas to fix the problem with role being town sided make it so people with dance fever cant vote the night they are forced to dance That's just going to severely debuff PP! PP already has no night immunity besides, technically, the night they host a party at their own house,
so why should I debuff PP?


boom problem solved now its equally hurts town and evils roles It does that anyways...

but you just disregard it i don't understand, this role is clearly town sided

but you're not giving any points to why it isnt town sided? like whats convincing you its not? Namely, because nothing about PP can't affect townies.

list this ways this can hurt town and then think of all the ways this hurts evils roles who must kill during the night and saying that it doesn't happen every night doesn't mean it doesn't hurt evil roles because it does Can hurt town by: stopping Doctors from healing high-priority targets, stopping Sheriffs and Investigators from learning who the SK is, accidentally saving evil roles by stopping an attack on, say, a Mafioso, list goes on. Can hurt evil roles by: basically the exact same stuff. PP is a blocking role. Not a townie disguised as a NC role.
User avatar
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 pm
Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby TheNightmareFox » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Mystoc wrote:
TheNightmareFox wrote:To point out.....mayor doesn't even have a night action
Ret has a one time use
Vet could alert and kill pp
Jailor jails his target's I believe that counts though it's been a while since I've played so that might have changed
'

'jailors jailing ability is a day ability he can still jail he just cant execute if he has dance fever

Last time I knew jailor visited still
And ik its a day ability but jailor used to show up to a LO which means jailor technically visits
This might have changed
Image

R.I.P. Puffle a great friend
May she return soon as she's missed by all



Spoiler: Hells Island 2 is delayed until further notice. Instead take this password. "Woof Woof MothaFucka."
User avatar
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:00 pm
Location: In You Head...Or Your Closet

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Mystoc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Dude. Speak English. I don't understand this.


You mean Mafioso? I don't see the problem here, though.


read below I explain why its bad

ill give an ingame example

if i'm the janitor in the mafia i have no killing action, if my teammates the mafioso gets dance fever he cant kill on certain nights now i cant use my ability either on the nights he has to dance cause there no one mafia kills so there is no one to clean

also even if i was a role like the blackmailer who can use an ability that doesn't kill it doesn't help mafias goal which is to kill all of town

if just the mafioso gets dance fever its hurts all of mafias win chances since they are a team since mafia will now only have .66 kpn night since mafioso has to dance has to dance every third night

basically what i said if a teammate that kills gets dance fever it hurts all of mafias chancing of winning it doesn't matter that mafia as some roles with abilities that don't kill


Simple. Have you ever heard of "deception"? You can DECEIVE the town to believe that someone who is good is evil, and that good person will be lynched. I'm certain everyone's lynched at least one good guy because they were deceived by an evil role before. Also, for the EIGHTEENTH TIME, TOWNIES ARE NOT IMMUNE TO PP AND CAN BE ROLEBLOCKED LIKE EVIL OR NEUTRAL ROLES. THERE IS NO IMBALANCE IN THAT.


ok but deceiving town is part of the game and has nothing to do with the balance of your role at all saying you can fool town doesnt mean this role isn't town sided cause it is

ok i'll give you a numbers example town has 2 roles out of 33 roles that can directly kill Jailor and Vig so how would you say town does the majority of their killing during the night or by hanging? answer is hanging

i seem to repeating this part multiple multiple times so i will bold it and underline it

town can win through hanging while evils cant since town are the majority for town its way less of a big deal they have no night action cause they can just hang people during the day


Less likely by maybe 5%. Besides, you don't just affect visiting roles.


you mean 50% since theres only 1possibility to get dance fever now if a role cant visit

if you are an visitor - its visit house with dance fever OR have party at your house - 2 ways can happen
if you cant visit - its only have party be hosted at your house 1 way can happen

1/2= 50/100 less = 50% chance

And this is helping town HOW?


never said it helped town did I?


Hold up. You just gave 2 evil roles that only need to work during the day and you say that helps townies who, in some cases, actually visit people AT NIGHT? 404 LOGIC NOT FOUND PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER


2 evil roles out of out of 13 total evils are not affected by dance fever

15% of evil roles aren't hurt by the party planner

while all of town gain an advantage cause games will last longer they are majority they can vote evils during the day. evils cant do this


none of what you just said supports that town roles are at an advantage here! YOU JUST DISPROVED YOUR OWN ARGUMENT AND ARE STILL STICKING TO YOUR VIEWPOINT, SOMEHOW!



while I addressed that above

but i did explain why it's town sided refer to thing i bolded above that you have forced me to repeat about 20 times now

town can win through hanging while evils cant since town are the majority for town its way less of a big deal they have no night action cause they can just hang people during the day



Translation: "Given new evidence, I will continue to ignore it and repeat my previous, incorrect statements." I've put forward valid points and you continue to not take them into account.


i just responded to what you said so no

Can hurt town by: stopping Doctors from healing high-priority targets, stopping Sheriffs and Investigators from learning who the SK is, accidentally saving evil roles by stopping an attack on, say, a Mafioso, list goes on. Can hurt evil roles by: basically the exact same stuff. PP is a blocking role. Not a townie disguised as a NC role.



ok if an evil role is roleblocked from killing that means a doctor just healed everyone cause none of them are at risk of dying so its much worse if an evil gets role blocked

ok yes sheriff and inves can get roleblocked and possibly not find sk, but since less people are dying from other killers who get roleblocked town as an whole has more day to talk in day chat

day chat in itself is very good for town this where they question people and ask for their roles

they get 3 trails to use that day to ask for others roles so each extra day town gets to do this an huge thing

your role will make games last on an average of 2-3 days longer so this an very good thing for town

================================================================

ok heres another example

there are 8 people vrs 4 people

8 people are town
4 people are mafia

the 8 people don't know who their allies are (they basically have no killing power at all)
the 4 people do know who their allies are (they can kill during the night)

if the 8 people knew who their allies were at the start of the game they would just hang all the othe r 4 people one after another right?

so the 8 peoples win condition is gathering info to figure out who their allies are
each night and day these 8 people get more info right?

the longer this game goes on the more info these people get

the evil people want to kill these 8 people fast enough so they they don't figure out who their allies are and hang each of them that is their win condition

the evil people want town die very fast cause the slower they die more info they get to be able to hang them

these 4 people cant vote during the day cause they need 7 votes to have a majority
the 8 people can vote because they have enough votes 7

Hypotheticaly i know this role would basically never infect everyone

but if all these people cant do their actions during every 3rd night the game will go much slower right?

so which side benefits from slower games town or mafia?

=====================================================

i mean tried so hard to give an example that made sense

explain to me why this isnt town sided what in my logic didn't make sense

it doesn't matter if town get blocked too cause longer games are good for them they have more days to ask questions in all chat like asking questions and using their 3 trials they are allowed to have each day
User avatar
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Hawkwing425 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Mystoc wrote:
Dude. Speak English. I don't understand this.


You mean Mafioso? I don't see the problem here, though.


read below I explain why its bad

ill give an ingame example

if i'm the janitor in the mafia i have no killing action, if my teammates the mafioso gets dance fever he cant kill on certain nights now i cant use my ability either on the nights he has to dance cause there no one mafia kills so there is no one to clean

also even if i was a role like the blackmailer who can use an ability that doesn't kill it doesn't help mafias goal which is to kill all of town

if just the mafioso gets dance fever its hurts all of mafias win chances since they are a team since mafia will now only have .66 kpn night since mafioso has to dance has to dance every third night

basically what i said if a teammate that kills gets dance fever it hurts all of mafias chancing of winning it doesn't matter that mafia as some roles with abilities that don't kill However, since townies are "infected" too, it's balanced.


Simple. Have you ever heard of "deception"? You can DECEIVE the town to believe that someone who is good is evil, and that good person will be lynched. I'm certain everyone's lynched at least one good guy because they were deceived by an evil role before. Also, for the EIGHTEENTH TIME, TOWNIES ARE NOT IMMUNE TO PP AND CAN BE ROLEBLOCKED LIKE EVIL OR NEUTRAL ROLES. THERE IS NO IMBALANCE IN THAT.


ok but deceiving town is part of the game and has nothing to do with the balance of your role at all saying you can fool town doesnt mean this role isn't town sided cause it is

ok i'll give you a numbers example town has 2 roles out of 33 roles that can directly kill Jailor and Vig so how would you say town does the majority of their killing during the night or by hanging? answer is hanging Not stated: Vamp Hunter and Vet

i seem to repeating this part multiple multiple times so i will bold it and underline it

town can win through hanging while evils cant since town are the majority for town its way less of a big deal they have no night action cause they can just hang people during the day
Actually, evils CAN win through hanging *cough cough exe cough*. Also, if evil roles eliminate their competition through hanging,
like a Mafia member tricking the Town into lynching a quiet Doctor, the evil roles have a smooth ride to victory.


Less likely by maybe 5%. Besides, you don't just affect visiting roles.


you mean 50% since theres only 1possibility to get dance fever now if a role cant visit

if you are an visitor - its visit house with dance fever OR have party at your house - 2 ways can happen
if you cant visit - its only have party be hosted at your house 1 way can happen

1/2= 50/100 less = 50% chance This math makes no sense, and besides, this doesn't throw the game into the Town's favor. It doesn't make getting infected impossible or even rare.

And this is helping town HOW?


never said it helped town did I?


Hold up. You just gave 2 evil roles that only need to work during the day and you say that helps townies who, in some cases, actually visit people AT NIGHT? 404 LOGIC NOT FOUND PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER


2 evil roles out of out of 13 total evils are not affected by dance fever

15% of evil roles aren't hurt by the party planner

while all of town gain an advantage cause games will last longer they are majority they can vote evils during the day. evils cant do this So,
according to the almight Mystoc, evil roles can't vote, ever. Besides... ever heard of deception?!?!?!



none of what you just said supports that town roles are at an advantage here! YOU JUST DISPROVED YOUR OWN ARGUMENT AND ARE STILL STICKING TO YOUR VIEWPOINT, SOMEHOW!



while I addressed that above

but i did explain why it's town sided refer to thing i bolded above that you have forced me to repeat about 20 times now

town can win through hanging while evils cant since town are the majority for town its way less of a big deal they have no night action cause they can just hang people during the day
Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, I was in a game and I was very dead. I was a Town role. There were 3 players left and it was voting phase. 2 people voted up the third because they were both convinced that the third was the final evil role. Cue the first player being shocked,
the second laughing, and the Town losing.
AND FOR THE LAST
FUCKING TIME
EVIL ROLES
CAN ACTUALLY VOTE



Translation: "Given new evidence, I will continue to ignore it and repeat my previous, incorrect statements." I've put forward valid points and you continue to not take them into account.


i just responded to what you said so no

Can hurt town by: stopping Doctors from healing high-priority targets, stopping Sheriffs and Investigators from learning who the SK is, accidentally saving evil roles by stopping an attack on, say, a Mafioso, list goes on. Can hurt evil roles by: basically the exact same stuff. PP is a blocking role. Not a townie disguised as a NC role.



ok if an evil role is roleblocked from killing that means a doctor just healed everyone cause none of them are at risk of dying so its much worse if an evil gets role blocked If one solitary evil role is roleblocked, it MUST mean that the game is over and the Town wins! Of course, I was so very wrong!

ok yes sheriff and inves can get roleblocked and possibly not find sk, but since less people are dying from other killers who get roleblocked town as an whole has more day to talk in day chat Not every evil role is insta-roleblocked. Also, 2 night cooldown time.

day chat in itself is very good for town this where they question people and ask for their roles It's also useful to evil roles, who do the exact same thing, make accusations, vote, bluh bluh bluh.

they get 3 trails to use that day to ask for others roles so each extra day town gets to do this an huge thing And evil roles are COMPLETELY powerless, aren't they? -_-

your role will make games last on an average of 2-3 days longer so this an very good thing for town Or for that Arsonist who needs to finish dousing everyone and sending them to a fiery death.

================================================================

ok heres another example

there are 8 people vrs 4 people

8 people are town
4 people are mafia

the 8 people don't know who their allies are (they basically have no killing power at all) *cough* exceptthosepeskyunimportanttownkillingroles *cough*
the 4 people do know who their allies are (they can kill during the night) Except those who can't kill. Like LITERALLY ANY MAF ROLE OTHER THAN MAFIOSO oR GODFATHER.

if the 8 people knew who their allies were at the start of the game they would just hang all the othe r 4 people one after another right? Duh.

so the 8 peoples win condition is gathering info to figure out who their allies are And doing it fast enough to not die.
each night and day these 8 people get more info right? Unless a pesky roleblocker like a certain party plannerstops them

the longer this game goes on the more info these people get Repeating yourself.

the evil people want to kill these 8 people fast enough so they they don't figure out who their allies are and hang each of them that is their win condition By my calculations, every night, unless impeded by a roleblocker, healer, etc., the MK role can kill 1 person. Some can silence the town member to prevent information from getting out. Some can ROLEBLOCK. Therefore, the Mafia, at full capacity, only needs 4-ish nights to gain majority and eventually win. With other roles' abilities in play, the Mafia has approximately a 60% chance to win against these 8 town, provided every Mafia member and every Town member is in play and is doing their job.

the evil people want town die very fast cause the slower they die more info they get to be able to hang them

these 4 people cant vote during the day cause they need 7 votes to have a majority
the 8 people can vote because they have enough votes 7 Not only are you ignoring neutral wildcards, you're completely forgetting that the Town has to be convinced to work together AFTER being convinced to not be AFK AND to not gamethrow. Besides...
I CAN NOT SAY THIS ENOUGH. DECEPTION WORKS WONDERS.


Hypotheticaly i know this role would basically never infect everyone Explain. How could PP's goal be impossible?

but if all these people cant do their actions during every 3rd night the game will go much slower right? Read the rolecard and previous posts again. You might learn that THAT'S NOT HOW THE ROLE WORKS.

so which side benefits from slower games town or mafia? It wouldn't BE a slower game. You completely forgot how PP works, therefore your argument is invalid.

=====================================================

i mean tried so hard to give an example that made sense Tried and failed.

explain to me why this isnt town sided what in my logic didn't make sense Explain to me how PP IS town-sided. If PP is, then so is Consort,
right?


it doesn't matter if town get blocked too cause longer games are good for them they have more days to ask questions in all chat like asking questions and using their 3 trials they are allowed to have each day So, Evil roles are apparently useless during the day. I mean, I've never seen an evil role do ANYTHING remotely useful to their goals during the day. Obviously.

Yeesh... Mystoc? More like Mystaken.
User avatar
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 pm
Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Mystoc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:16 pm

yes during the day evils can trick town into hanging the wrong people but that has nothing to do with your role thats a smart evil player tricking other town and has nothing to do with your role

the basics of what i'm trying to say is this this role will make games last 2-3 days longer and that's very helpful to town and very hurtful to evils that's all i have to say

=============================================================

yea i guess we're gonna agree to disagree i like would to see this tested in TG only so you could see how town sided it is

i have determined there is nothing i can say that will change your mind so i will leave it alone

seeing the role in a mock up game like TG would show you rather then me telling you which isnt working its a lost cause

so i actually do hope this role makes it to testing grounds so you can see how this role would play out in game i would actually vote this if it made into the voting stage only to see which of us right i could totally be wrong here well have to wait and see

i still feel this role is town sided and you dont and i respect that so GL with this role
User avatar
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Party Planner (THANKS FOR OVER 2000 VIEWS!)

Postby Hawkwing425 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 pm

Mystoc wrote:yes during the day evils can trick town into hanging the wrong people but that has nothing to do with your role thats a smart evil player tricking other town and has nothing to do with your role

the basics of what i'm trying to say is this this role will make games last 2-3 days longer and that's very helpful to town and very hurtful to evils that's all i have to say As stated before, some evil roles benefit from a few extra days and sometimes, extra time doesn't help Town.

=============================================================

yea i guess we're gonna agree to disagree i like would to see this tested in TG only so you could see how town sided it is If my role actually got into TG, I'd be super happy. And if it does and ultimately proves to be Town sided, I'll make changes, per your request.

i have determined there is nothing i can say that will change your mind so i will leave it alone

seeing the role in a mock up game like TG would show you rather then me telling you which isnt working its a lost cause

so i actually do hope this role makes it to testing grounds Thanks! so you can see how this role would play out in game i would actually vote this if it made into the voting stage Thank you again! only to see which of us right i could totally be wrong here well have to wait and see

i still feel this role is town sided and you dont and i respect that so GL with this role Well, I respect your respect. I hope we can lay this debate to rest and leave it up to the future.


Last bumped by Hawkwing425 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 pm.
User avatar
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 pm
Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest