Claim survivor as jester in all any

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:03 am

every day write that you are a survivor, preferably with capital letters, and at least once a day (but don't spam!)

what can happen:
1. there are nks like arso and ww and town may lynch you in case you're one of those
2. there is a witch and town may lynch you for that as well
3. people get annoyed of you saying you're a survivor every day and lynch you
4. the town has no better options than to lynch a survivor
5. there are a lot of surv claims and town starts lynching them one by one

benefits:
1. you are most likely not getting killed at night by evils
2. high likelihood of getting lynched
3. vigis may not really want to shoot you since you have vests
4. town may not think you're jest

disadvantages:
1. jailor
2. dumb evils
3. varies on town's attitude towards survs

Games I play rn: Hearthstone, Just Shapes and Beats, Hotline Miami
Webcomics I've read: Twokinds, Slightly Damned

My Forum Mafia record

Survivor/Big Brother record:
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 7th
Survivor: Ragnarok - 1st
User avatar
dota2reporter
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:11 am

I’ve tried it, was shot by a vig N2 after being invested N1 and almost lynched D2
Image


FM: 23-32
Last: CFM19
Highest BtM placement: 2nd (twice)
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: Fogbound Lake (UTC-7)

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:23 am

Chemist1422 wrote:I’ve tried it, was shot by a vig N2 after being invested N1 and almost lynched D2

well that vigi was risking wasting a bullet, and you almost got lynched too which is nice

Games I play rn: Hearthstone, Just Shapes and Beats, Hotline Miami
Webcomics I've read: Twokinds, Slightly Damned

My Forum Mafia record

Survivor/Big Brother record:
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 7th
Survivor: Ragnarok - 1st
User avatar
dota2reporter
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby OBeauPeep » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 pm

That Vig did not risk anything, they wasted a bullet. The only thing that would have done was strengthen his Surv claim by showing a Vig bullet could not kill him.
OBeauPeep
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:03 am

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:01 am

OBeauPeep wrote:That Vig did not risk anything, they wasted a bullet. The only thing that would have done was strengthen his Surv claim by showing a Vig bullet could not kill him.


invest obviously found him as framer/vamp/jester/hex so yea vig didnt risk anything, the bullet wasnt wasted cos they were obviously evil (or hexed).

mind you, invest took the risk n1 cos ambushers usually like to set up shop on day 1 surv claims to ambush TIs
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby OBeauPeep » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 pm

They were obviously evil, yeah, therefore the bullet was wasted.
OBeauPeep
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:03 am

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby Dropah » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:17 pm

dude, why would you claim surv? literally the best strat is to act stupid and you gonna get lynched? do you really plan your game ahead as jester? you must be like two digit IQ 600 elo player lol :D :D :D :D

have fun losing :D
Dropah
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby dota2reporter » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:42 pm

Dropah wrote:dude, why would you claim surv? literally the best strat is to act stupid and you gonna get lynched? do you really plan your game ahead as jester? you must be like two digit IQ 600 elo player lol :D :D :D :D

have fun losing :D

:coolstorybob:

Games I play rn: Hearthstone, Just Shapes and Beats, Hotline Miami
Webcomics I've read: Twokinds, Slightly Damned

My Forum Mafia record

Survivor/Big Brother record:
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 7th
Survivor: Ragnarok - 1st
User avatar
dota2reporter
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby RedWhaley14 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:25 pm

https://imgur.com/a/nlbIUAH?

I do this strategy a lot. However, there's a better way of doing it. Instead of claiming Survivor D1, claim when someone asks you for your role. Remain silent, but vote people up anyways. Only speak when you are asked for your role, and then claim Survivor. Sure, you are more likely to die by an evil role's hands, but it casts more suspicion onto you, especially if you claim that your Vest saved you from an attack on a night with no deaths. Also, speaking in ALL CAPS and reminding the Town that you are Survivor everyday in an annoying manner is more likely going to get you brushed off as a Jester. Sure, my strategy will too, but annoying the Town usually always gets the town to suspect you of being the Jester that you are.

However, because this method is so easy to win with, I prefer to choose more fun methods of setting myself up to be lynched, as I like taking huge risks as Jester. It almost feels cheap getting lynched when claiming Survivor as a Jester, because claiming Survivor almost guarantees your win if there isn't a Town Killing present and/or alive. It's also way too common to be brushed off as an ACTUAL Survivor (I swear this always happens when you claim anything as a Jester) and ignored. Also, this method fails against any Town with a Vigilante or Jailor.

All in all, an easy and safe way to set yourself up for victory, but kind of a boring one in my eyes. I prefer other methods of getting myself lynched, but I won't deny that this method isn't effective. Quite the contrary, it works almost every time (Unless Jailor, Vig, Mafia, Coven, or any Neutral Killing role messes with your plans)
Favorite Games: Pokemon Shuffle, Town of Salem, Geometry Dash, Chess

I always type long messages, so beware
User avatar
RedWhaley14
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby Abelisk » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:23 pm

You'll get killed by dumb maf/witch (Coven), vigilante.
Support my ELO revamp suggestion if you wanna get out of ELO hell!
User avatar
Abelisk
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:01 pm
Location: United States

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:35 am

Abelisk wrote:You'll get killed by dumb maf/witch (Coven), vigilante.

yeah the dumb maf part is included in the OP

vigis rarely shoot surv claims because they'll be scared to waste a bullet on a vest

Games I play rn: Hearthstone, Just Shapes and Beats, Hotline Miami
Webcomics I've read: Twokinds, Slightly Damned

My Forum Mafia record

Survivor/Big Brother record:
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 7th
Survivor: Ragnarok - 1st
User avatar
dota2reporter
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:45 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
Abelisk wrote:You'll get killed by dumb maf/witch (Coven), vigilante.

yeah the dumb maf part is included in the OP

vigis rarely shoot surv claims because they'll be scared to waste a bullet on a vest

When I play all any as a Vigilante, I always shoot Survivor claims. If they live? Fantastic, I've confirmed that they are not actually a non-immune evil role. If they die? Even better, I confirmed myself as a Vigilante to everybody. You may call it a waste, but most Vigilantes don't live long enough to use all three bullets.
User avatar
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:54 pm

DragonClaw66 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
Abelisk wrote:You'll get killed by dumb maf/witch (Coven), vigilante.

yeah the dumb maf part is included in the OP

vigis rarely shoot surv claims because they'll be scared to waste a bullet on a vest

When I play all any as a Vigilante, I always shoot Survivor claims. If they live? Fantastic, I've confirmed that they are not actually a non-immune evil role. If they die? Even better, I confirmed myself as a Vigilante to everybody. You may call it a waste, but most Vigilantes don't live long enough to use all three bullets.

fair but not every vigilante does that

Games I play rn: Hearthstone, Just Shapes and Beats, Hotline Miami
Webcomics I've read: Twokinds, Slightly Damned

My Forum Mafia record

Survivor/Big Brother record:
Big Brother: The Black Hat - 7th
Survivor: Ragnarok - 1st
User avatar
dota2reporter
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:07 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
DragonClaw66 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
Abelisk wrote:You'll get killed by dumb maf/witch (Coven), vigilante.

yeah the dumb maf part is included in the OP

vigis rarely shoot surv claims because they'll be scared to waste a bullet on a vest

When I play all any as a Vigilante, I always shoot Survivor claims. If they live? Fantastic, I've confirmed that they are not actually a non-immune evil role. If they die? Even better, I confirmed myself as a Vigilante to everybody. You may call it a waste, but most Vigilantes don't live long enough to use all three bullets.

fair but not every vigilante does that

Fair enough.
User avatar
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby Duckferno » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:29 pm

No.
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.


psydukkk
User avatar
Duckferno
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:07 pm
Location: ponds

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby Amythyr » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:39 pm

OBeauPeep wrote:They were obviously evil, yeah, therefore the bullet was wasted.

No. It is not wasted. In fact the shot is well deserved if there is a invest result and defence was shitty. There is no use in hoarding bullets and shooting random unconfirmed people is stupid
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― George Carlin
User avatar
Amythyr
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 7:16 am

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:34 am

The best strat is to not claim anything, then say ''why me??'' when you are asked for a claim, or being voted up. Then while on the stand, use caps and say how dumb town is, claim its a random lynch, and repeat that town is dumb. Dont forget to type ''noobs'' during last words.... yw
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby BlastingOff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:31 am

kyuss420 wrote:The best strat is to not claim anything, then say ''why me??'' when you are asked for a claim, or being voted up. Then while on the stand, use caps and say how dumb town is, claim its a random lynch, and repeat that town is dumb. Dont forget to type ''noobs'' during last words.... yw

In addition to this, I also write that they have "no evidence", which is typically a keyword that someone is a new/bad/both Mafia member. These things are not only for AA and I have used them effectively in RP.
BlastingOff
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:12 am

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby Amythyr » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:57 am

kyuss420 wrote:The best strat is to not claim anything, then say ''why me??'' when you are asked for a claim, or being voted up. Then while on the stand, use caps and say how dumb town is, claim its a random lynch, and repeat that town is dumb. Dont forget to type ''noobs'' during last words.... yw

Remember to accuse the person who is accusing you of being exe.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― George Carlin
User avatar
Amythyr
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 7:16 am

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby fwogcarf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:25 pm

This only worked once out of the ten times I tried it
Image

I am sorry for everything I have done
User avatar
fwogcarf
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Zero people care

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby OBeauPeep » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Amythyr wrote:No. It is not wasted. In fact the shot is well deserved if there is a invest result and defence was shitty. There is no use in hoarding bullets and shooting random unconfirmed people is stupid


Yes. It is wasted. Vig shouldn't waste their bullets shooting confirmed evils unless it's clear town is not going to lynch them. Vig is most effective at eliminating targets that may have gone unnoticed and finding immunes.
OBeauPeep
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:03 am

Re: Claim survivor as jester in all any

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:41 pm

I have a better strat for yall. Claim Jester as Survivor in all any.
Discord tag is Cryomaniac#7403. Hit me up if ya need me.

Image Image Image Image Image
Image


TREMBLE BEFORE MY PERFECTLY CENTRED SIGNATURE!!!
User avatar
GrumpyGoomba
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:46 am
Location: Behind you.


Return to Strategic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests