Writing Backstories for Role Ideas - Reboot!

Old Role Ideas

Re: Writing Backstories for Role Ideas - Reboot!

Postby Rossendale » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:35 pm

VoidRuler wrote:I'd like to request two stories if that's fine. If not, you can just do the Reaper story. Both link to my Role Idea Workshop topic, as that's where I inventory my role ideas. I tried to make it as neat as possible for convenience.

Name: Reaper
Link: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... hp?t=30637
Summary: An evil demon who watches over the graveyard of the Town and guides the evil roles. Could incorporate that it used to be a Medium or something along the lines of that in the story.

Name: Blinder
Summary: None. I'm not competely sure on what direction I want his story to go.

That's fine, I can do both.

Reaper -

In Salem, they say that God guides the innocent, leaving the sinners lost and confused. But that is not true, for the evildoers of Salem also have a patron. He is the Reaper, a maleficent demon who is the "guardian angel" of all of the criminals, murderers and psychopaths in the town. He was born on a special night, when the moon was full and bad omens hung in the air. A lonely soul scurried across the graveyard, clutching secret tomes beneath the folds ofhis robe. The man were headed for the graveyard, his cold sweat sticking to his skin. It was obvious the person was incredibly frightened, but also full of a weird kind of conviction. The man's steps were sure-footed, and his brow was knotted in a determined frown. He was headed for a particular grave. It had simple engravings of a deceased woman. The man traced his hand slowly across the name on the gravestone, tears pooling at the edge of his eyes. Shaking his head rapidly, the man set out his books in front of him. He knew the ritual would be more perilous than ever, but he also knew that magic, especially of the dark kind, would be augmented today. He had to try. Reading off of the acient text, the man began reciting the ritual. The grass around him swirled, his robe fluttered, some of the gravestones even became cracked, but he still carried on. A dark circle appeared on the ground in front of him, and though he was scared the man persevered. Finally, something emerged from the dark ring. But it wasn't the man's beloved, no. It was a vile, cowled creature with a giant scythe and terrible, boned hands. It turned its' faceless hood to the man. "Are you truly that desparate to see her again?" It asked in a raspy, chilling voice. The man gulped, nodding his head. "Very well. You shall see her now." With one fell swing, the Reaper cut the man down where he stood. After that, the creature turned its' thoughts to Salem. He knew that there were many sinners there, people with malicious intentions. He would be their shephard. Under his guidance, they would bring doom to the town.

Blinder -

"Smile!" The man wasn't even given a chance to react as a bright light flashed straight in his face, accompanied by the sound of a photograph picture being developed. Ruefully rubbing his eyes, the man looked around to see who had done this to him. However, there was noone. Meanwhile, the man with the camera grinned widely to himself, looking at the picture of the surprised and shocked man. Another score for his Wall of Fame. This man, otherwise known as the Blinder, was a photographer who cared less for capturing the perfect shot and more for eliciting the perfect, priceless reactions from his poor victims. He started off as a simple, modest man, taking pictures of people as he strolled the city square of Salem. However, one day the man that he photographed complained about the flash from his camera being too bright. As he walked off, muttering curses at the Blinder, the young man stood the laughing to himself. Somehow, the found the reaction incredibly funny. He decided to try again, but with an ever brighter flash. He got the same reaction as before, but with even more shouting and cursing! How fun was that? The Blinder soon became the bane of Salem, taking pictures of people and torturing their eyes with the intolerably bright flashes from his camera. He soon became a master at this, appearing out of nowhere, taking the shot, and disappearing before the victim could do anything. Unluckily for the Blinder, one day he decided to try his tricks on someone that noone wants to mess with. The Godfather. The first part worked brilliantly, the Blinder having taken the flashy (hah) shot of the Godfather and disappearing before he could react. However, what was not planned was running into his two mafiosos on the way out. Finding himself cornered, the Blinder begged for mercy. Through the searing pain in his eyeballs, the Godfather still realized that a man like that could be useful. Having become a compulsory member of the mafia, the Blinder takes photos under the command of the Godfather now, and although he is given free reign in his work, he knows that in the end he'll live and die serving the Family.

Feed my dragons please <3
Spoiler: ImageImageImage

"Mayor Executes Jailor." - Elastoid 2015

Click here if you want me to write a backstory for your role idea!
Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Rossendale » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:15 pm

kookeekwisp wrote:I bet you'd have a lot of fun making a backstory for this...

Name: Stalker
Summary: A crazed lunatic who will stop at nothing to get their way!
Gender: The planet with an upside down t that looks like one of the pimples on my lip.
...that means female XP

A crazy lunatic with an unhealthy obsession for the person next door? Hell yeah.

BTW making it yuri because yuri is love yuri is life.

The woman looked outside her window uncomfortably. She was still there, crouching by the bush. She thought that she was not seen, or didn't care. Or maybe both. The woman was as unpredictable as she was psychotic. The town Doctor sighed heavily, going back to sit down on her bed heavily. Of course, it did not help that the bed was right opposite the window, perfectly aligned to give the woman hiding behind the bush full view of her. The Doctor pressed her fingers to her eyes. How did it all turn out like this? The Doctor shifted in her bed. She remembered that day almost perfectly. She was coming back from a house visit. It was the middle of the night, and only the stars illuminated the Doctor's way. She was prepared to get home and just fall asleep when she heard screaming coming from somewhere. Running into one of the back alleys, the Doctor spotted her. A young, dark-haired woman, coughing horribly as she sat on a pool of her own blood. She was obviously attacked. Rushing to the aid, the Doctor quickly apllied rudimentary bandaging to the wound and slung the woman across her shoulder, dragging her back to her house. There, she worked without rest to save her patient's life. Fortunately, the Doctor was able to patch up the wound, as she fell asleep right there on the work table. The first thing she heard upon waking was the sound of someone's voice whispering. "W-Was it you who saved me?" The Doctor looked up to see the young woman that she had treated already awake, looking down at her with a queer face expression. The Doctor nodded her head. "Oh... I see. T-Thank you." The woman responded in the same, weird tone. After a quick chat, the woman was finally sent home, although she seemed loath to leave. That was when the nightmare had begun. It started with "accidental" run-ins with the girl in the city square, then progressed onto strange gifts of flowers and chocolates, and finally turned into something far more sinister. She started stalking her, watching her every move. Even though the Doctor knew she would not harm her, she felt scared. The girl always seemed incredibly odd when talking to her, and recently became pretty... Pushy when they ran into each other. Gods know what she is up to...

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Rossendale » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:32 pm

FireyMatt wrote:Name (of role): Preacher
Direct link to role page: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32722#p972778
Gender of role: He
Summary: It want the Preacher to be a kind gentle fellow that has experience with evil and temptation. Thank You for what you're doing. It supports the community a whole lot

You flatter me. I just wish I was able to pump these out faster. I feel bad when I only manage to get these out for people like, three-four days after the initial requests. :oops:

Conflicts broke out all over Salem. From accusations of murder to trivial things like someone knocking over someone else's flower pot, there wasn't a day where arguments could not be heard over the city square. A saying was even forged between the citizens - "As long as two people are alive in this wretched town, someone will want someone dead." And where the gallows could not sort out the problem, people turned to other methods. Knives in the night, silent murders. However, there was one man that rose above all of this and dedicated himself to putting a stop to the vile behaviours. The Preacher, a man of faith, with a gentle tongue, kind attitude and the ability to defuse any argument, no matter how heated. The Preacher was a lonely man, having lost his family when he was but a small child. His father was always a proud man, and did not allow himself to be pushed around by anyone. Unfortunately, this meant that the Preacher's father often found himself entangled in fights and bitter standoffs in the city square. The man fought for what he thought was right, but he often found himself against another equally hot-headed fellow. Their rivarly was known throughout the whole town, and whenever one said something, the other was sure to retort or mock. This went on for many months, until the Preacher's father brought himself to outright accuse the other man of being a Mafia member, and plotting against the town. This in turn caused a counter-accusation, but the town could not decide who was in the wrong. This proved to be a fatal mistake on the man's part, as his rival came to their house in the middle of the night, seeking to clean the town of another Mafia scum. The Preacher stayed safe hidden in the cupboard, but he heard the shots ring out, and when he finally crawled out, he saw his father and mother lay dead on the floor of their home. The poor, distraught child was taken into the clergy as a substitute home. There, he became a holy man and swore to be a defender of the peace in Salem. Having trained his tongue and his wits in the arts of stopping violence, the Preacher stops fueds whereever he finds them, helping rivalling citizens bury the hatchets and reforging the link of friendship between them. One day, there would be no more murder in Salem and everyone would live together in peace and harmony. One day.

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby FireyMatt » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:46 pm

This is really good .

Thank you very much
FireyMatt
Jester
Jester

Postby LadyAnnabelle » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:03 am

Totes wrote:The Smuggler

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32234

The Maid was an orphan as well, these two would get along nice, and by that, they would so be rivals XD
LadyAnnabelle
Spy
Spy

Postby VoidRuler » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Rossendale wrote:
VoidRuler wrote:I'd like to request two stories if that's fine. If not, you can just do the Reaper story. Both link to my Role Idea Workshop topic, as that's where I inventory my role ideas. I tried to make it as neat as possible for convenience.

Name: Reaper
Summary: An evil demon who watches over the graveyard of the Town and guides the evil roles. Could incorporate that it used to be a Medium or something along the lines of that in the story.

Name: Blinder
Summary: None. I'm not competely sure on what direction I want his story to go.

That's fine, I can do both.

Reaper -

In Salem, they say that God guides the innocent, leaving the sinners lost and confused. But that is not true, for the evildoers of Salem also have a patron. He is the Reaper, a maleficent demon who is the "guardian angel" of all of the criminals, murderers and psychopaths in the town. He was born on a special night, when the moon was full and bad omens hung in the air. A lonely soul scurried across the graveyard, clutching secret tomes beneath the folds ofhis robe. The man were headed for the graveyard, his cold sweat sticking to his skin. It was obvious the person was incredibly frightened, but also full of a weird kind of conviction. The man's steps were sure-footed, and his brow was knotted in a determined frown. He was headed for a particular grave. It had simple engravings of a deceased woman. The man traced his hand slowly across the name on the gravestone, tears pooling at the edge of his eyes. Shaking his head rapidly, the man set out his books in front of him. He knew the ritual would be more perilous than ever, but he also knew that magic, especially of the dark kind, would be augmented today. He had to try. Reading off of the acient text, the man began reciting the ritual. The grass around him swirled, his robe fluttered, some of the gravestones even became cracked, but he still carried on. A dark circle appeared on the ground in front of him, and though he was scared the man persevered. Finally, something emerged from the dark ring. But it wasn't the man's beloved, no. It was a vile, cowled creature with a giant scythe and terrible, boned hands. It turned its' faceless hood to the man. "Are you truly that desparate to see her again?" It asked in a raspy, chilling voice. The man gulped, nodding his head. "Very well. You shall see her now." With one fell swing, the Reaper cut the man down where he stood. After that, the creature turned its' thoughts to Salem. He knew that there were many sinners there, people with malicious intentions. He would be their shephard. Under his guidance, they would bring doom to the town.

Blinder -

"Smile!" The man wasn't even given a chance to react as a bright light flashed straight in his face, accompanied by the sound of a photograph picture being developed. Ruefully rubbing his eyes, the man looked around to see who had done this to him. However, there was noone. Meanwhile, the man with the camera grinned widely to himself, looking at the picture of the surprised and shocked man. Another score for his Wall of Fame. This man, otherwise known as the Blinder, was a photographer who cared less for capturing the perfect shot and more for eliciting the perfect, priceless reactions from his poor victims. He started off as a simple, modest man, taking pictures of people as he strolled the city square of Salem. However, one day the man that he photographed complained about the flash from his camera being too bright. As he walked off, muttering curses at the Blinder, the young man stood the laughing to himself. Somehow, the found the reaction incredibly funny. He decided to try again, but with an ever brighter flash. He got the same reaction as before, but with even more shouting and cursing! How fun was that? The Blinder soon became the bane of Salem, taking pictures of people and torturing their eyes with the intolerably bright flashes from his camera. He soon became a master at this, appearing out of nowhere, taking the shot, and disappearing before the victim could do anything. Unluckily for the Blinder, one day he decided to try his tricks on someone that noone wants to mess with. The Godfather. The first part worked brilliantly, the Blinder having taken the flashy (hah) shot of the Godfather and disappearing before he could react. However, what was not planned was running into his two mafiosos on the way out. Finding himself cornered, the Blinder begged for mercy. Through the searing pain in his eyeballs, the Godfather still realized that a man like that could be useful. Having become a compulsory member of the mafia, the Blinder takes photos under the command of the Godfather now, and although he is given free reign in his work, he knows that in the end he'll live and die serving the Family.

Absolutely amazing, I love what you did with the stories. 1000000000/10.
VoidRuler
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Skulldug13 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:50 am

Role:Professor

Link: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32874

Summary: A genus who does research
Last edited by Skulldug13 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RNG is fun isn't it? -

Grave Digger
Skulldug13
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Rossendale » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Incredibly sorry! I was buried with work and didn't manage to find time for writing up the backstories. Here they are now, if you still want them.

Professor -

One of the most educated minds in Salem, the Professor has great knowledge of documentation and archiving, and has been trusted with upkeeping the library of Salem. He came to this position thanks to his great interest in studying ancient tomes, as well as his penchant for always keeping an incredibly tidy bookshelf. The Professor was an incredibly curious person from his earliest years, shunning playing around with other children in the mud in order to gain new knowledge and read more books. Many adults found this behaviour incredibly queer, and they even suspected that the child has wound themselves up in some kind of satanic cult. The truth was, of course, that the young boy was simply curious about everything, but the rumors still spread round. The Professor's parents took away all of his books and encouraged him to go out and play with the others, but instead the young lad took up pen and paper and started writing his own books on his own discoveries. He explored the world around him, writing down everything he saw. Unfortunately, during one of these expeditions he ran into a bunch of bullies from the Town, kids that pushed everyone else around. Their parents told them a lot about the Professor and his queer interests, and they decided to take matters into their own hands and started beating on him. The Professor just lay down and tried to get through it, when suddenly someone stepped in. Another child, not wanting to stand for the apalling behaviour, chased off the thugs and helped the Professor back home. Vowing to never forget the act of kindness, the Professor grew up to be one of the most respected and wise people in Salem. Being in charge of Salem's main library, he has access to lots of important documents and last wills kept by various different people. Recently, the Professor also met up with the man who had once saved him back when they were children, and took in his son as an Apprentice, in order to try and pay back the debt he owed to him.

Apprentice -

A brilliant young mind with sky-high aspirations, the Apprentice has recently taken up tutleage under the keen eye of the Professor. As his right-hand, the Apprentice takes care of his elderly teacher and is ever ready to step in the face of danger in order to protect him. However, the Apprentice started off as a quite dim, uneducated child. Coming from a poor family, he spent his days scrounging the city square for food to bring back home, often looking inside trash cans and gutters, just so that he could get his hands on something edible. On his journeys, the young Apprentice would often stop by the Salem library. He knew that important people went there to read or deposit weird documents. Even people like the Mayor went there. The Apprentice figured that the person who ran the Library must have had a lot of money, and not have to worry about being hungry. That's when the Apprentice was filled with a desire to learn more, to get an education, so that he would be able to support his family and they wouldn't be hungry again. He tried his best to read from street signs and shop names, but the progress was slow and the Apprentice did not understand many things. He was incredibly frustrated, and on the verge of giving up many a time. However, he persevered. Still, it would probably all have been for nought if not the Professor, who kindly decided to take the Apprentice in, as a favour for his father who had once helped him. There, the Apprentice learned how to read, write, do numbers, and other wonderful kinds of things. He wore smart clothes and had three meals a day, and was even able to send some money back home. With time, he had become so skilled that he was pretty much able to run the library on itself, a task that he would ever be ready to take over if something ill befell the Professor. However, that would not happen as long as the Apprentice had a say.

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Rossendale » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:13 pm

Still here.

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Arpitr20 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:36 pm

hey, could you wirte a backstory for my role "the nightmarer" the link is in my signature
This is where roles are tested:
ToS QR: Spoiler: Image FM wins: Spoiler: NFM 2 Mafioso WIN
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
FM 8C-Aragog (Arsonist) LOSE
My roles
Nightmarer(Maf Supp.)& Switcher(Maf. Supp.)- MY FAVS
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Location: Hanging out with Oliy and Kirize, playing ToS and talking about roles.

Postby LadyAnnabelle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:49 pm

Role: JailKeeper

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32671&p=971632&hilit=+Trainer#p971632

Pls make bckstory need Backstory pls
LadyAnnabelle
Spy
Spy

Postby Totes » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Role Name: The Smuggler (It's the real one this time XD)

Link: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32443

What I'm looking for: An orphan who resorted to smuggling for a business.

Role Name: The Skin Shifter

Link: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33082

What I'm looking for: An abomination taking revenge on the town that abandoned it.
I asked for one a little ago, but I have a few new ones that I would like back stories for.
Heroes Never Die

Guess who owns a genuine WW2 German infantry helmet. This gal.

Pokemon Resolute Nuzlocke Party:

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Arpitr20 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 am

The "nightmare"
Mafia support.
Choose one person to have a nightmare about someone each night. When nightmared about a target, players are too scared to visit that person. A single person can only be nightmares about one person at a time. Can you try to make a back story? The link to the forum is in my background.
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Location: Hanging out with Oliy and Kirize, playing ToS and talking about roles.

Postby Rossendale » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:41 pm

Arpitr20 wrote:The "nightmare"
Mafia support.
Choose one person to have a nightmare about someone each night. When nightmared about a target, players are too scared to visit that person. A single person can only be nightmares about one person at a time. Can you try to make a back story? The link to the forum is in my background.

Yes, sorry. I was busy so I couldn't get on to write backstories.

The most powerful part of a person's mind is their subconsciousness. It is the part of a human's thoughts and feelings that works from behind the curtains, but at the same time can completely shape their attitudes, behaviour and opinion. It is said that dreams are manifestations of the subconsciousness, hidden dreams and fears from deep within your heart. The Nightmarer is a psychic manipulator of the subconsciousness, able to bring forth harrowing visions to haunt his victims in their sleep. He had first learned of this power when he was a small child. His parents were religious, and they had often visited the church to pray and congregate with other believers. However, the priest that held the sermons was corrupt and perverted, and he had abused the Nightmarer to satisfy his sick lust. The boy was too afraid to tell anyone and suffered in silence. However, one day the priest did not take him away for private councelling. In fact, he seemed to avoid him. When the boy sneaked away from his parents to follow the priest, he heard him talk to himself about a nightmare that he had the night before. In the dream, his acts have been uncovered and he had been lynched for his crimes. The Nightmarer gulped heavily, not quite believing that it was him. However, when his family was coming back from the shop they chanced upon the baker hitting his wife again. The Nightmarer gritted his teeth, and decided to test out his power again. He went to sleep that night wishing visions of the baker's wife deserting him, and taking the children. The next day, that same baker had been found hanging from a piece of rope in the city square. He committed suicide, and in his hands was a document about how he was sorry he had mistreated his wife, outlining the nightmares he had about deserting her. The Nightmarer gulped heavily, unbelieving. His parents asked him what's wrong. He tried to avoid an answer, but in the end ended up telling everyone about his powers. They waved him off as a silly child with an imagination too big. However, he insisted in trying to convince them, but they all shunned him. In the end, even his parents decided to cast him out for his tall tales. Bitter and angry, the Nightmarer turned to the Mafia for shelter. The Godfather swayed him over with tales of how noone believed the Nightmarer but him. The Nightmarer accepted the Godfather's proposal, determined to prove to everyone that he was the master of the subconscious mind.

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LadyAnnabelle » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:45 pm

LadyAnnabelle wrote:Role: JailKeeper

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/vi ... er#p971632

LadyAnnabelle
Spy
Spy

Postby Rossendale » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:51 pm

LadyAnnabelle wrote:

I'm writing it right now :P Don't worry, I almost always make backstories in batches so when you see me post one up, you can be pretty certain that I'll get all of the awaiting ones done.

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LadyAnnabelle » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:53 pm

thank god!
LadyAnnabelle
Spy
Spy

Postby Rossendale » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:05 pm

The Jailkeeper is a tough-as-nails woman who doesn't let anyone push her around, but at the same time devotes herself to keeping people safe, if pacified, within the confines of a prison cell. She grew up with her widowed father after their mother had been killed by the Mafia. This happened when the Jailkeeper's father was still out in the war. This event caused him to grow paranoid and mistrustful, and he would often stay up all nights on alert, watching for anyone who would disturb him and his daughter. The young Jailkeeper was not allowed to leave the house, forced to hide from the threats that her father saw in every face that passed them by. This went on until the Jailkeeper's teenage years, when during one of her father's night alerts, he saw and shot four civilians. All of them turned out to be innocent town members who had had the misfortune of straying too close to the mad veteran's house. The man was sentenced to banishment from the town, forced to leave and never return. The Jailkeeper wept for many days, knowing that the Town's judgement was unfair. Her father had only meant to protect them. He was trying to compensate for failing to protect his beloved. However, in her sorrow the Jailkeeper forgot that it was the Mafia who had killed her mother and drove her father to despair. Cutting off her loyalty to the Town, the Jailkeeper started a harsh training regime, building up her strength and skill. Soon, she was able to tackle down and apprehend any man in Salem she wished. However, she acted with good intentions. Using what money she had left to install a makeshift cell in her house, the Jailkeeper catches people in the middle of the night in order to protect them. Noone can get in and out of her cells, and he uses this fact to stop her chosen targets from being harmed by the murderers in the town. However, she also makes sure to keep the jailed people under lock and key, just in case they turned out to be the ones wielding the guns and knives.

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Totes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Totes wrote:Role Name: The Smuggler (It's the real one this time XD)

Link: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=32443

Link: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=33082

What I'm looking for: An abomination taking revenge on the town that abandoned it.
I asked for one a little ago, but I have a few new ones that I would like back stories for.
Heroes Never Die

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Rossendale » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Totes wrote:

Rossendale wrote:I almost always make backstories in batches so when you see me post one up, you can be pretty certain that I'll get all of the awaiting ones done.

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Totes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Rossendale wrote:
Totes wrote:

Rossendale wrote:I almost always make backstories in batches so when you see me post one up, you can be pretty certain that I'll get all of the awaiting ones done.

Thanks!
Heroes Never Die

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Rossendale » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Smuggler

Ever since trouble began brewing in Salem, the Mayor decided to all but halt the supply of goods and trade into the city in order to prevent more murderers and criminals from coming into the town under the disguise of merchants and travellers. However, this caused a shortage of crucial supplies to Salem, meaning that the doctors were forced to use all of their bandages and medicines, leaving almost none for themselves, whilst the guardians of the town walked around with almost nothing to protect themselves. However, anyone who desperately needed new equipment could go to the Smugger, the master of illegal trade. Over the years, he has built up a steady underground empire of smuggled goods. Some might say that he is comitting a great crime and should be dealt with as a criminal, but most appreciate the efforts of the sly man in supplying the town with what they need. The Smuggler started off as an orphan on the streets of Salem, begging and scraping to keep himself alive for another day. However, he had a keen mind for business and trade, and he soon began buying up cheap clothes and food from the backstreets for coppers found on the floor, and selling them for triple price in the market. Soon, he had a small but steady income flowing to his pockets, but this source soon dried out when people found out where he was getting his wares from, and simply bought there themselves. This is when the Smuggler had to turn to foreign cities for his goods. He first carried small bits and pieces in his pockets, peddling them out to people under the cover of darkness and in side alleys of the town. However, he soon began smuggling more and more goods into the city, until he became one of the most known illegal traders in the whole town. Many considered reporting him to the officials, but at that point he had grown too powerful, for almost everyone sometimes needed something that was in short supply in Salem, and the Smuggler had anything you'd ever need. However, when the murders increased in intensity in Salem, the Smuggler recognized the need to act and began giving out crucial items for free, supplying bullets and medicine and bulletproof vests to anyone who needed them. After all, if everyone dies who will be left to buy from him?

Skin Shifter

One of the most repulsing horrors to ever haunt Salem, the Skin Shifter is an abomination completely out of this world. It has no apprearance, for in the blink of an eye it can morph itself to perfectly imitate anyone it wishes. Surprisingly enough, the Skin Shifter was once a benevolent being. It used its' strange talents in order to aid struggling people in day-to-day business. It would help out the metalsmith who was busy at the bellows but at the same time needed to be in another part of the town altogether. It stepped in for people who were in struggling situations, handling public speeches and awkward encounters in their stead. However, the Town soon realized that something odd was going on and started an investigation. The Skin Shifter was too afraid to reveal itself to them, so instead it stayed in hiding for a while. Soon, the search for the truth behind the Skin Shifter was abandoned when the murders began and the Mafia planned their conquest of Salem. This is when the Skin Shifter decided that it would finally show itself to the Town. It stepped in during one of the city square meetings, demonstrating its' shapeshifting abilities. The amazed Town looked on with eyes and mouths wide open. This was when the Shifter explained how it could be of use to the Town. It said how it could blend in with the Mafia, learn all of their secrets, and destroy them from within. Of course, now the Mafia would know of the Shifter's plans, but it would make them even more paranoid and start turning on each other. It was perfect. However, the Town were skeptical of the Skin Shifter, and in the end decided to banish it from the Town, only deciding to not kill it due to the fact that it had generously offered to help the Town. The Skin Shifter was shocked, and disgusted. Why would they turn away its' help? It swiftly ran away, hiding in the outskirts of Salem. There, the Skin Shifter's anger and bitterness grew, until it became a seething hate for the Town and all of its' wretched inhabitants. That's when the Skin Shifter decided that it would not go away. It would consume and destroy Salem from within, just like it had planned to do with its' enemies. The Town had to pay for abandoning the Skin Shifter, and the price would be high.

Rossendale
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Totes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Rossendale wrote:

Smuggler

Ever since trouble began brewing in Salem, the Mayor decided to all but halt the supply of goods and trade into the city in order to prevent more murderers and criminals from coming into the town under the disguise of merchants and travellers. However, this caused a shortage of crucial supplies to Salem, meaning that the doctors were forced to use all of their bandages and medicines, leaving almost none for themselves, whilst the guardians of the town walked around with almost nothing to protect themselves. However, anyone who desperately needed new equipment could go to the Smugger, the master of illegal trade. Over the years, he has built up a steady underground empire of smuggled goods. Some might say that he is comitting a great crime and should be dealt with as a criminal, but most appreciate the efforts of the sly man in supplying the town with what they need. The Smuggler started off as an orphan on the streets of Salem, begging and scraping to keep himself alive for another day. However, he had a keen mind for business and trade, and he soon began buying up cheap clothes and food from the backstreets for coppers found on the floor, and selling them for triple price in the market. Soon, he had a small but steady income flowing to his pockets, but this source soon dried out when people found out where he was getting his wares from, and simply bought there themselves. This is when the Smuggler had to turn to foreign cities for his goods. He first carried small bits and pieces in his pockets, peddling them out to people under the cover of darkness and in side alleys of the town. However, he soon began smuggling more and more goods into the city, until he became one of the most known illegal traders in the whole town. Many considered reporting him to the officials, but at that point he had grown too powerful, for almost everyone sometimes needed something that was in short supply in Salem, and the Smuggler had anything you'd ever need. However, when the murders increased in intensity in Salem, the Smuggler recognized the need to act and began giving out crucial items for free, supplying bullets and medicine and bulletproof vests to anyone who needed them. After all, if everyone dies who will be left to buy from him?

Skin Shifter

One of the most repulsing horrors to ever haunt Salem, the Skin Shifter is an abomination completely out of this world. It has no apprearance, for in the blink of an eye it can morph itself to perfectly imitate anyone it wishes. Surprisingly enough, the Skin Shifter was once a benevolent being. It used its' strange talents in order to aid struggling people in day-to-day business. It would help out the metalsmith who was busy at the bellows but at the same time needed to be in another part of the town altogether. It stepped in for people who were in struggling situations, handling public speeches and awkward encounters in their stead. However, the Town soon realized that something odd was going on and started an investigation. The Skin Shifter was too afraid to reveal itself to them, so instead it stayed in hiding for a while. Soon, the search for the truth behind the Skin Shifter was abandoned when the murders began and the Mafia planned their conquest of Salem. This is when the Skin Shifter decided that it would finally show itself to the Town. It stepped in during one of the city square meetings, demonstrating its' shapeshifting abilities. The amazed Town looked on with eyes and mouths wide open. This was when the Shifter explained how it could be of use to the Town. It said how it could blend in with the Mafia, learn all of their secrets, and destroy them from within. Of course, now the Mafia would know of the Shifter's plans, but it would make them even more paranoid and start turning on each other. It was perfect. However, the Town were skeptical of the Skin Shifter, and in the end decided to banish it from the Town, only deciding to not kill it due to the fact that it had generously offered to help the Town. The Skin Shifter was shocked, and disgusted. Why would they turn away its' help? It swiftly ran away, hiding in the outskirts of Salem. There, the Skin Shifter's anger and bitterness grew, until it became a seething hate for the Town and all of its' wretched inhabitants. That's when the Skin Shifter decided that it would not go away. It would consume and destroy Salem from within, just like it had planned to do with its' enemies. The Town had to pay for abandoning the Skin Shifter, and the price would be high.

All I could ask for and more. Thanks! 314159264/10
Heroes Never Die

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Arpitr20 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Thx Ross! (srry if you don't like being called that)
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
My roles
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kookeekwisp » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Can other people make backstories here?
I'd like to do at least one on here

(i'd hate to take Werecat from you, though
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
kookeekwisp
Mafioso
Mafioso

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives