TFM12 | Majora's Magnificence | Town Win (A New Day)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

TFM12 | Majora's Magnificence | Town Win (A New Day)

Postby Metrion » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Majora's Magnificence
Lets play a game of good guys and bad guys. You're the bad guy.

1) This is not an official game, therefore titles will not be awarded. Bragging right are always in effect however.

2) Do not post any messages you receive from the moderator. Also please avoid using flavour in an attempt to prove something.

3) After 24 hours if a player has not posted I will prod them for inactivity. If they do not reply or post within 12 hours they will be replaced. If I prod them again, they will be replaced.

4) There will be no whispers. The Mafia may communicate at any time with a Quick Topic.

5) I do not tolerate game throwing. You will be blacklisted from future games if you attempt to do this. Refer here for more on that and the general rules. This can include "Jesting".

6) Please don't avidly spam the thread. No one can get a word in edgewise and it becomes a mess if everyone is doing it.

7) Just have fun and be respectful. Do I really need to tell you this?

8) The setup will be randomly rolled from many ideas, specific rules and information will be given out during Day 0 and be in the OP. It could be anything from a bland standard game, to well something borderline insane. It's a mixed bag.

Rolelist:

Hero
Town Member
Town Member
Town Member
Town Member
Town Member

Majora Aligned
Majora Aligned

Neutral Aligned

Special Rules:

Masks: Every character has a choice of their mask at the start of the day should they not be wearing one or if they are given the specific option of changing from the night before. You must always be wearing a mask. In the beginning you will have three options for your first mask, afterwards you may choose from the pile of unused masks. When choosing masks a randomized person will go first then they select the next person who chooses and that person then selects and picks the next person and so on. At night you may either do your mask's night action or your role's, there are a few exceptions to this rule. The full mask list will be posted at the start of the first day after you have picked you mask.

All actions are compulsive, you must act if you can. As well you must provide both a primary and secondary target for all actions.

Citizens or Vanilla townies will be instead replaced by "Fruit Vendors". Fruit Vendors visit another player, this does absolutely nothing.

Lynches will not be determined by majority, but by whatever option has the most votes at the end of the day. Thus there will be no early hammering.

There will be no Jesters.

You may lynch Day 1.

Should the Majora alignment not be eliminated by the end of the Third Day, everyone will lose but the Majora alignment.

Day (lynch phase) -> Night (action phase) -> Late Night (lynch phase) -> Before Dawn (action phase)

Player list:

1. ValeforRaine
  2. Aeolian
  3. DizzyWaddleDoo
  4. Gobble124
  5. kmenx
  6. FirelightKnight
  7. Waffleme3
  8. Odin1010
  9. FMLSheWas12

Graveyard:

Kmenx, executed by the majority (Happy Mask Salesman, True Neutral Mischief Maker)
Aeolian, succumbed to Majora's Curse (Kafei, Town Neighbour)
Odin1010, executed by the majority (Poe Collector, Majora Role Cop)
Gobble124, killed in an explosion (The Postman, Town Fruit Vendor)
DizzyWaddleDoo, killed in an explosion (The Bomb Shop Lady, Town Fruit Vendor)

Masks in Play:

All Night Mask
Blast Mask
Bremen Mask
Captain's Hat
Couples Mask
Gibdo Mask
Kamaro's Mask
Keaton Mask
Mask of Scents
Mask of Truth
Postman's Hat
Romani's Mask
Stone Mask
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Re: TFM12 | Majora's Magnificence | Setup Phase

Postby Metrion » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:11 pm

All the rolecards have been sent. I await confirmations, then the mask selection will begin.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:14 pm

It is called Majora's Mask. It is an accursed item from legend that is said to have been used by an ancient tribe in its hexing rituals. It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears that mask. According to legend... the troubles caused by Majora's Mask were so great... the ancient ones, fearing such catastrophe, sealed the mask in shadow forever, preventing its misuse. But now, that tribe from the legend has vanished, so no one really knows the true nature of the mask's power.

A curse was place upon this town. One which require the denizens to don their masks at all times. The masks which were a part of their celebrations and events had now become their prisons. Majora's maniacal plans had been swung into motion. And with the Ocarina of Time destroyed there were no more redos. While he hid among the remaining members of the town who had not fled, rumours erupted that his force had corrupted those around him into underlings of the mask. Before everyone was to meet under the clock tower they had to bring their masks to the pile in the case that they were needed.

Game Moderator Message: When you receive your pm with your three mask choices, all you need to do is select one and I will reply with that masks card and I will move on to the next person randomly chosen.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:03 am

Game Moderator Message: A rule has been added to the OP.

They had assembled in the dank and mechanical section of the clock tower. As the gears clanked, and water flowed underneath, little other sound filled the room. Judging by the time they'd have a while to make their decision, an awful decision, a decision of death.

Dawn of the First Day

48 hours remain.
Metrion

Re: TFM12 | Majora's Magnificence | Day 1 (About Time)

Postby Aeolian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:22 am

Hello all, looking forward to this game.

Well, right down to business: as it stands right now, it appears we have three options for day 1: wait for someone to slip, lynch blindly, or not lynch at all.
Though in any case we'll have to wait until the day ends for a decision to be made. What's the consensus?
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby Gobble124 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:29 am

Hello All.
Gobble124
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Gobble124 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 am

So,

Assuming the worst: The Neutral role is killing and the Hero is useless. If we don't lynch today that leaves us with a 4 v 3 with possibly little to no info.
Mislynching today pretty much results in a gameover unless someone has a game changing mask.
Lynching correctly results in either a 5 v 2 or a 4 v 2 depending on who we lynch.

Assuming the best: The neutral role is a survivor esk role who does not harm town and the Hero acts as a mayor or invest role. If we don't lynch today we have a 5 v 3* and those with masks have the opportunity to gather info. However, obviously this is still not the best option.
Mislynching today results in a 4 v 3* similar to the nolynch in worstcase.
Correctly Lynching results in a 5 v 2* with town having a major advantage.
Lynching the survivor role results in a 5 v 2, which buys us a little time.

* = I'm assuming survivor would vote against town in the end since that's what most survivors do.

What I assume: Neutral Role is killing. Hero is either Mayor or Sheriff. I think we should lynch today.
Gobble124
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Waffleme3 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:44 am

Ello, also a bit of topic but I love majoras mask, real post to come soon
Thanks hurricat
Rest in peace Coolway and Birdy <3
Waffleme3
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:46 am

Good morning everyone. Let's get on with a mass-claim! I'm your friendly neighborhood Serial Stalker. I must say you all look absolutely charming in your masks, but I certainly look the best. I'm quite the alluring individual. ;)

Seriously though blindly lynching shouldn't even be an option. I'd prefer we lynch somebody after we get substantial vertification that said person is scum and a threat to the town, otherwise a nolynch is better than a mislynch. I'm just stating the obvious here.

With a neutral role we will assume they will side against town no questions asked. That doesn't necessarily mean we lynch them on sight unless of course they're a neutral killing, but we certainly cannot leave them unmanaged. If you've seen the recent kingmaker situations, neutral roles have a lot more potential to sway the game. Do not underestimate their presence, they're not guaranteed to side with town. Take negotiations with neutral aligned with a grain of salt.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Kmenx » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:02 am

Hello everyone i recommend no lynch for this day we can easily get info tomorrow because of the masks and if neutral is killing mislynch would be really bad And i think hero is Vet or a Town Power role
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Aeolian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:11 am

Kmenx wrote:Hello everyone i recommend no lynch for this day we can easily get info tomorrow because of the masks and if neutral is killing mislynch would be really bad And i think hero is Vet or a Town Power role

I disagree with immediately suggesting not lynching - we have a full 48 hours in this day. That is more than enough time to find evidence against a player. Though a mislynch is indeed bad, we still have quite a bit of time to find someone worthy of a lynch.

As far as FML goes in regards to lynching, I agree. Lynching blindly is high risk with very little reward. Ideally, waiting for someone to give us reason to lynch them is the most optimal way to go. I wanted to gauge response before letting loose my own opinion. ;)

As for the neutral, whatever it may be: I think our only realistic course of action is to deal with it as it comes. Speculation on this front doesn't offer very much, other than mostly everyone agreeing with the same statement. Though I will admit a little bit of preparation never hurt anyone.
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby Kmenx » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:31 am

Aeolian wrote:
Kmenx wrote:Hello everyone i recommend no lynch for this day we can easily get info tomorrow because of the masks and if neutral is killing mislynch would be really bad And i think hero is Vet or a Town Power role

I disagree with immediately suggesting not lynching - we have a full 48 hours in this day. That is more than enough time to find evidence against a player. Though a mislynch is indeed bad, we still have quite a bit of time to find someone worthy of a lynch.

As far as FML goes in regards to lynching, I agree. Lynching blindly is high risk with very little reward. Ideally, waiting for someone to give us reason to lynch them is the most optimal way to go. I wanted to gauge response before letting loose my own opinion. ;)

As for the neutral, whatever it may be: I think our only realistic course of action is to deal with it as it comes. Speculation on this front doesn't offer very much, other than mostly everyone agreeing with the same statement. Though I will admit a little bit of preparation never hurt anyone.

If someone acts way too scummy i agree with lynching them too

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Waffleme3 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:58 am

This statement right makes me think you are scum. We need to lynch today if not amd the wost senatio that nuetral is nuetral killing happends then the town is going to lose if we dont lynch scum today.
Thanks hurricat
Waffleme3
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Kmenx » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Waffleme3 wrote:

This statement right makes me think you are scum. We need to lynch today if not amd the wost senatio that nuetral is nuetral killing happends then the town is going to lose if we dont lynch scum today.

First of all if neutral is not killing town can t lose by not lynching 1 day and if neutral is killing they might not kill to throw us off but like what i said before I will vote.for scummy people

P.S I can prove my role if it becomes necessary

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Yeah...not many neutral killing roles can even kill night one. The only role that crosses my mind that can is a Serial Killer. We don't even know the neutral killing and I'll be honest all this speculation on the neutral role sounds like a scare tactic to force a mislynch. We've only killed 3 hours so chillax for a bit. 8-)

Kmenx didn't slip...or at least I don't think he slipped. He more or less didn't want to mislynch. The definition of recommend is to move forward with approval for a particular purpose. He did give a...decentish reason so whatever. To approve of an idea doesn't necessarily mean you're not open to another idea. So if you're going to condemn Kmenx, try to find another basis.

k peace :^)
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Gobble124 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:45 pm

Well uh, I'm gonna take a stab at guessing what each mask does.
Here's the list if anyone else wants to try

All Night Mask
Blast Mask
Bremen Mask
Captain's Hat
Couples Mask
Gibdo Mask
Kamaro's Mask
Keaton Mask
Mask of Scents
Mask of Truth
Postman's Hat
Romani's Mask
Stone Mask
Gobble124
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Odin1010 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Just got back from school, the fact that there are Fruit Vendors(Citizens) that passively visit others at night, makes me think that there's either Town or Mafia has a lookout-esque/tracker-esque role. Or maybe that is what the Neutral can do?

I will admit I have never played Majora's Mask, though I do know a little bit about it
Odin1010
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:48 pm

That's a good observation, it would make sense. Perhaps one of the masks have the capability of watching someone, if not many of them. Visiting manipulation as well. That's probably the core of how we will gather information.

I'd elaborate more but I have to do some work. Sorry.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby ValeforRaine » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Just want to pop in to say hi. I'm super tired at the moment, so I'll be brief for now, but I'm also of the opinion that we see what happens before just choosing to no lynch. I'll look more carefully at things after I get some sleep (in approximately 12 hours). We should all try to be relatively active tomorrow, as we'll likely need to make some sort of decision then about what to do.
Sing something new, I have nothing left,
I can't face the dark without
you.
There's nothing left to lose, the fight never ends,
you.

Holding the hand that holds me down.
I forgive you, forget you,
the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Odin1010 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Here are my guesses with help from the wiki
Spoiler: All Night Mask- Prevents people from falling asleep, maybe makes you roleblock immune
Blast Mask- Substitutes as a bomb, don't know about this one, maybe to attack someone?
Bremen Mask- From the picture it makes baby birds follow Link, maybe it lets you to control someone like a witch
Captain's Hat- Prevents Stalchilds from attacking Link, maybe Stalchild is the Neutral and it makes them not attack you?
Couples Mask- No special attributes in game, but it is used in a wedding, so I don't really know about this one
Gibdo Mask- Makes Gibdo and ReDead to not attack Link, acts like a vest? I don't know about this one either
Kamaro's Mask- Let's Link perform Kamaro's dance, maybe a roleblock? I don't know how elegant "Kamaro's dance" is
Keaton Mask- Can be used to summon Keaton who will quiz Link... don't really know about this one
Mask of Scents- Let's Link sniff out Magic Mushrooms, maybe a tracking ability
Mask of Truth- Speak to the Gossip Stones to find other masks, maybe it tells what Mask a person is wearing/what it does
Postman's Hat- Let's Link look into mailboxes, maybe an alignment checking ability?
Romani's Mask- Makes you be a member of the Milk Bar... don't know about this one
Stone Mask- Makes you go unnoticed to most creatures, maybe makes it so you can't be tracked or seen visiting someone else
Odin1010
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:47 am

Wow, riveting discussion. I'd like to note that Dizzy hasn't posted yet. Not sure if that indicates anything, given how inactivity works around here.

As far as masks, it's probably best to leave that alone until we need to discuss it. A lot of masks have only one use in the game, so abilities based on that one use will likely be difficult to figure out. Also because it should be easy enough to figure out if someone's lying; we can always demand they not choose that mask so someone else can see its abilities (not doing so results in being lynched). This still brings up some difficulties with the Majora aligned players, since they can pass mask selection to their partner. Ugh.

Do we want to all say what mask we took? Or what our mask does and not which we took? Or both? I'm trying to figure out if there's an advantage to this, because we probably need more information if we want to lynch today (or even for how events go tomorrow). If we plan to no lynch, then sharing probably isn't necessary (though it may still be useful).
you.
you.

the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Waffleme3 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:53 am

Spoiler: All Night Mask- Prevents people from falling asleep, maybe makes you roleblock immune,
Blast Mask- Substitutes as a bomb, a one time user vet mask mabye
Bremen Mask- From the picture it makes baby birds follow Link, Lookout ability
Captain's Hat- Prevents Stalchilds from attacking Link, mabye a vest
Couples Mask- No special attributes in game, but it is used in a wedding, Transporter?
Gibdo Mask- Makes Gibdo and ReDead to not attack Link, medium?
Kamaro's Mask- Let's Link perform Kamaro's dance, maybe a roleblock?
Keaton Mask- Can be used to summon Keaton who will quiz Link..., sheiff mabye
Mask of Truth- Speak to the Gossip Stones to find other masks, investigator
Postman's Hat- Let's Link look into mailboxes, spy
Romani's Mask- Makes you be a member of the Milk Bar... don't know about this one, heal someone?
Stone Mask- Makes you go unnoticed to most creatures, maybe makes it so you can't be tracked or seen visiting someone else

Ill edit his quote since he has all the info
Thanks hurricat
Waffleme3
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Gobble124 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am

Well this has been a rather slow day

In regards to vale's suggestion, I don't know how I would feel about revealing masks. If I'm forced to I will but for now I'd rather not say.
That's just a personal choice though.
Gobble124
Lookout
Lookout

Postby ValeforRaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:59 am

Waffleme3 wrote: Spoiler: All Night Mask- Prevents people from falling asleep, maybe makes you roleblock immune,
Blast Mask- Substitutes as a bomb, a one time user vet mask mabye
Bremen Mask- From the picture it makes baby birds follow Link, Lookout ability
Captain's Hat- Prevents Stalchilds from attacking Link, mabye a vest
Couples Mask- No special attributes in game, but it is used in a wedding, Transporter?
Gibdo Mask- Makes Gibdo and ReDead to not attack Link, medium?
Kamaro's Mask- Let's Link perform Kamaro's dance, maybe a roleblock?
Keaton Mask- Can be used to summon Keaton who will quiz Link..., sheiff mabye
Mask of Truth- Speak to the Gossip Stones to find other masks, investigator
Postman's Hat- Let's Link look into mailboxes, spy
Romani's Mask- Makes you be a member of the Milk Bar... don't know about this one, heal someone?

Ill edit his quote since he has all the info

I don't think hypothesizing is helpful. My mask's ability has little to do with its in-game uses and it's useless for all of us to try to figure out what masks do. Much prefer input on whether or not we share what masks we have or what they do. Or anything else we can discuss, because silence will likely make us lose.
you.
you.

the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:00 am

ValeforRaine wrote:This still brings up some difficulties with the Majora aligned players, since they can pass mask selection to their partner.

I...didn't know this. Where in the OP does it say this? I must've missed it... :/

As for revealing masks there's definitely a risk. If a role can force our masks away from us just divulging our mask names is a problem. If there's a role that gathers mask abilities, upon learning the name they can identify evil roles may be able to learn what they're up against. Other risks arise, the possibilities are endless. If you are insistent on divulging our masks, then whatever. There's also the problem of honesty.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Next

Return to Game Threads