Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Should this be added into the game? Our goal is 100 votes, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, this should be added into the game.
85%
Yes, this should be added into the game.
15%

Total votes : 269

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:22 am

Maybe I should make it so that if EVERY SINGLE PERSON is charged, the Electrician can electrocute them all at once just to end the game.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:40 am

Kirize12 wrote:Maybe I should make it so that if EVERY SINGLE PERSON is charged, the Electrician can electrocute them all at once just to end the game.

lolyes
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:50 am

orangeandblack5 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Maybe I should make it so that if EVERY SINGLE PERSON is charged, the Electrician can electrocute them all at once just to end the game.

lolyes

I can't tell if that was a joke or no.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby EdmundMcGaben » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:30 am

Its legit as deleter.

© Burgy

Spoiler: Image
Neasans wrote:BDD is reminding me of Satan.
EdmundMcGaben
Godfather
Godfather

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:42 am

Kirize12 wrote:
orangeandblack5 wrote:

lolyes

I can't tell if that was a joke or no.

Serious. It kinda makes sense (nobody will visit anyways, and they'll definitely hang you by then unless you're incredibly good, at which point you deserve this. Special achievement too!), even if it seems OP until you realize how stupid everyone would have to be to NOT hang you by this point.

Just make it so that it gives an announcement at the beginning of the day, something along the lines of:
"Every player has been charged! The Electrician is preparing to kill everybody!"
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Konsti90 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Flamingkamikaze wrote:
Konsti90 wrote:Well the Problem i see is not the "immunity" u gain by pretending u were electrocuted. I think it will be hard to win cause, i wouldnt move a bit if i were electrocuted and i assume most others would too, cause nobody wants to die!

Its not that i dont like the concept it just might not work out that way and if u just charge them 2 times then u have another slightly different Arsonist.

Maybe it would need a forced random movement if electrocuted ppl dont want to move, dont know if thats good or would work like that.

Well the point of arsonist isn't to douse and ignite so that part doesn't really make sense, that is there to help with this roles end game. Also if you stopped doing anything when you were doused then you would likely have a hard time winning seeing as how you wouldn't be helping your team at all.

Thats not really what i meant, forget about the Arsonist comparison, im no natural speaker guess it was misleading explained.
Just think about the forced movement cause i think it would be really hard to win with the Electrician as it is now (thats not entirely bad to have a challenge but it might cause ppl to leave, and thats already a problem).
Konsti90
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Kirize12 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm

So I buffed this role.
Are you proud of me, senpai?

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby murat1996 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Kirize12 wrote:So I buffed this role.
Are you proud of me, senpai?

I-

At least it's better :)
29-35-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318, if you really cared about it
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:11 pm

How about a simpler buff. Keep the original thing, but don't tell people they are charged.
Beware! doggos abound within this spoiler
Spoiler:

More coming soon
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby HerpJenius » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:16 pm

over powered role XD
we already have SK, arso, and mafia. the town will lose every have the electrician
the sheriff cant detect neutral killing?! it's something XD
Death from electrocution cannot be stopped by Night Immunity?! it's something XD
this role isn't making balance this game....
Veteran is the best. Come and Get it XD
HerpJenius
Jester
Jester

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:45 am

HerpJenius wrote:over powered role XD
we already have SK, arso, and mafia. the town will lose every have the electrician
Death from electrocution cannot be stopped by Night Immunity?! it's something XD

What you just described was the Arsonist. You seem to have no problem with that role.
In case you haven't noticed, town is the most op role in the game!
Do you even play ranked...

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby LeScraf » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:02 am

Kirize12 wrote:

What you just described was the Arsonist. You seem to have no problem with that role.

Town is not a role.
Electrician is actually severely underpowered.
Also garbage.
LeScraf
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:04 am

LeScraf wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:

Town is not a role.
Electrician is actually severely underpowered.
Also garbage.

Faction. I'm sorry. We all make mistakes.
It's very hard to make an NK role, OK?
At least I tried.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby LeScraf » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:13 am

You tried to make a role in a faction that doesn't need any new roles. Riiiiiight.
LeScraf
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby isrlygood » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:27 am

LeScraf wrote:You tried to make a role in a faction that doesn't need any new roles. Riiiiiight.

Don't discourage people from making new roles for a faction......don't, I've seen some decent NK's.
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Thanks purple^ :p
Testing a Mafia Lookout this week
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:53 pm

isrlygood wrote:
LeScraf wrote:You tried to make a role in a faction that doesn't need any new roles. Riiiiiight.

Don't discourage people from making new roles for a faction......don't, I've seen some decent NK's.

This one included?

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby LeScraf » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
isrlygood wrote:

This one included?

No. This is garbage.

I think isrlygood is talking about actual GOOD nk ideas, like Shadowalker/
LeScraf
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby isrlygood » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
isrlygood wrote:

This one included?

If I were to say, I didn't get the role...........it wasn't very clear, does it have a poisoner affect where your targets need to visit people or is like an Arsonist? your format for the Attributes could have been better, if I were to choose between 2 similar concepts, with the cleaning and stuff, EdmundMcGabens Electro role is organized, clear and balanced (tested, although I think he needs to update it).
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:55 pm

isrlygood wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
This one included?

If I were to say, I didn't get the role...........it wasn't very clear, does it have a poisoner affect where your targets need to visit people or is like an Arsonist? your format for the Attributes could have been better, if I were to choose between 2 similar concepts, with the cleaning and stuff, EdmundMcGabens Electro role is organized, clear and balanced (tested, although I think he needs to update it).

Our roles are nothing alike.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby cmitc1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
isrlygood wrote:

This one included?

this is one of the best NK roles I have ever seen :D
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:59 pm

cmitc1 wrote:this is one of the best NK roles I have ever seen :D

Thank you so much! :D

LeScraf wrote:
I think isrlygood is talking about actual GOOD nk ideas, like Shadowalker/

Buddy, 2 people hate this role. Two. Fucking. People.
If you don't have any ideas of how to improve it and are just mindlessly bashing it, STFU or GTFO this thread.

Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby isrlygood » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
isrlygood wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
This one included?

Our roles are nothing alike.

Just comparing the cleaning of wills and roles...and the fact that it takes 2 nights kill one, just more powerful than it.
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Flamingkamikaze wrote:How about a simpler buff. Keep the original thing, but don't tell people they are charged.
Spoiler:

More coming soon
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby murat1996 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Flamingkamikaze wrote:
Flamingkamikaze wrote:How about a simpler buff. Keep the original thing, but don't tell people they are charged.

Then, they won't get how they die then...
29-35-3 : My FM Record

Hosted: VFM13

My discord is fluffymurat#2318, if you really cared about it
murat1996
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:36 pm

murat1996 wrote:
Flamingkamikaze wrote:

Then, they won't get how they die then...

They will still see they are electrocuted. The problem with this role is that no one would ever visit any other charged people if they are charged. The solution to that is to not let them know they are charged.
Spoiler:

More coming soon
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives