Investigator Results List Overhaul v3.0

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Should this be added to the game? Vote yes to support.

Yes, this should be added to the game.
82%
Yes, this should be added to the game.
18%

Total votes : 457

Re: Investigator List Overhaul

Postby PurpleSidewalk1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:11 pm

JammySplodge wrote:
orangeandblack5 wrote:Amnesiac,Transporter, Survivor - Your target avoids others. They must be an Amnesiac, Transporter, or Survivor.

I don't see how a transporter avoids others, they visit people

Maybe the Transporter is really lonely... you don't know his story, his life, YOU DON'T KNOW HIM!!! :lol:
Elastoid vs chittownmvp01 is TvS.
PurpleSidewalk1
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby JazzMusicStops » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:13 pm

I'll have you know the transporter and I go wayyyy back, he's a very social person

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Then what would you suggest?
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:13 am

If BMer is able to hear whispers, keep him with spy.

If he isn't, keep him where he is.

I suggest making 2 separate ones for any given situation
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

what are the 7 words to say?
K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Konsti90 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:15 am

I like the balance and that the invest can still figure out allies for 100% with this one, but i wouldnt state 3 mafs in the same, maybe just let the framer stay what it is, cause hes framer or framed right? But if u put other mafia in that line it gets more likely to get a bad guy and just lynch them. Maybe u could put the Forger to the medium/janitor thing and state it as "your target has a link to dead people they are Medium,Janitor or Forger" i know it puts the medium in a worser position it would just fit quite good i think and a med can still confirm his self when hes good and ppl didnt left.

And put the Jester to Survivor, Transporter and Amnesiac, it weakens the Jester a little i guess, but it buffs the Survivor (Suggestion 1). Maybe Jester is still good in the position u gave him and just change sentence in "your target has a link to dead people ... or not? they are Medium,Janitor, Forger or Jester ", well it fits the Jester :D. (Suggestion 2)

I would swap GF and Disguiser but more cause the statement fits better that way and not cause of balance reason, just personal liking.

Maybe switch Ret and Lookout, buffs the witch a little cause lookout is not as easy confirmed as Ret, but it would weaken the Arsonist/Blackmailer. It could be stated "your target works with complicated materials he is either Arsonist, Blackmailer or Retributionist" and the loner thingy stays like that. Not ideal just suggestion :)
Last edited by Konsti90 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Konsti90
Executioner
Executioner

Postby K1llthestory » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:26 am

Survivor does not need a buff.

Jester results are fine.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:55 am

K1llthestory wrote:If BMer is able to hear whispers, keep him with spy.

If he isn't, keep him where he is.

I suggest making 2 separate ones for any given situation

I'll probably make a second list (the "Blackmailer Contingency List") later today/tomorrow. Watch for that.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Re: Investigator Results List Overhaul

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:32 am

Sorry for the double post, but this case does warrant a separate post and not an edit, because of the large amount of new information.

I have completely changed the format of my original post, condensing the many edits into the post, making it easier to see any new edits that I may add in the future.

I have also added (per the request of K1llthestory) a new "Blackmailer Contingency List", which may end up being used if the Blackmailer buff is applied (right now it is not that good and it might be better to just move Blackmailer and Spy from their categories into their own grouping, leaving the categories they were in with only two results (buffing Arsonist, Lookout, and Blackmailer, not changing Mayor or Jailor, and nerfing Spy [from its current position with Mayor/Jailor]). This needs work done. Please let me know what you think in the new poll that I will be adding.

Speaking of, new poll! (again)
This time I want to know your thoughts on breaking up the confirmed Town result because of Spy/BM. Previous poll's results below:
Spoiler: 1. Yes! Put it in the game!
6 votes, 46.2%
2. It's good.
6 votes, 46.2%
3. It's okay...
1 vote, 7.6%
4. I don't like it.
0 votes, 0%
5. It's really bad.
0 votes, 0%
6. I like somebody else's list better.
0 votes, 0%

Questions I want feedback on are in the new "Food for Thought" spoiler. I also want feedback on any lore improvements and the Blackmailer Contingency List.

Thank you all!
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby K1llthestory » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:50 am

Orange, I'd just stick with the originial list, because there's a lot of buffs/nerfs that can be added, changing this. I didn't mention that, so sorry. :3
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TrueGent » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:08 am

I've said this before, but never in this thread so I might as well say it now.
The only big problem with this list is Amnesiac, Transporter and Survivor being paired together, as it basically outs Survivor and Amnesiac for no reason at all.

Fix that and this list is perfect.
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:57 am

TrueGent wrote:I've said this before, but never in this thread so I might as well say it now.
The only big problem with this list is Amnesiac, Transporter and Survivor being paired together, as it basically outs Survivor and Amnesiac for no reason at all.

Until the Transporter nerf we all want. Then it works perfectly.
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby PurpleSidewalk1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:47 pm

TrueGent wrote:I've said this before, but never in this thread so I might as well say it now.

Personally I think this is a good idea. If you get investigated as this you can prove yourself as Trans or Amnesiac very easily so then people can know if you are Survivor since it is so difficult to prove. :D The only reason I want to lynch a WW/Survivor/Witch result is if there is a WW or a Witch and I don't care if they claim Survivor because why wouldn't they?
PurpleSidewalk1
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby isrlygood » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:52 pm

PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:

Personally I think this is a good idea. If you get investigated as this you can prove yourself as Trans or Amnesiac very easily so then people can know if you are Survivor since it is so difficult to prove. :D The only reason I want to lynch a WW/Survivor/Witch result is if there is a WW or a Witch and I don't care if they claim Survivor because why wouldn't they?

well, one of the reasons people will kill survivors is that they can side with the bad guys, but the main reason i think is that they could be a bad guy but both of the other roles can prove themselves so i think the survivor killing might go to a minimum, that is if they are investigated of course
Thanks Hurricat!!!^
Thanks purple^ :p
Testing a Mafia Lookout this week
Spoiler:
isrlygood
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby PurpleSidewalk1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:54 pm

isrlygood wrote:
PurpleSidewalk1 wrote:Personally I think this is a good idea. If you get investigated as this you can prove yourself as Trans or Amnesiac very easily so then people can know if you are Survivor since it is so difficult to prove. :D The only reason I want to lynch a WW/Survivor/Witch result is if there is a WW or a Witch and I don't care if they claim Survivor because why wouldn't they?

well, one of the reasons people will kill survivors is that they can side with the bad guys, but the main reason i think is that they could be a bad guy but both of the other roles can prove themselves so i think the survivor killing might go to a minimum, that is if they are investigated of course

Yeah I know that is the only reason I kill Survivors. Unless of course there is other evidence against them (like any evidence at all).
PurpleSidewalk1
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby JazzMusicStops » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:47 pm

With the whole blackmailer buffing thing, I just think a blackmailer reading whispers is a terrible idea, while admittedly it would work with the lore, I think it would make the blackmailer overpowered

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby TrueGent » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:01 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:

Holy shit you just blew my mind.

Ok this list is a 10/10. Pack up and go home people.

JammySplodge wrote:With the whole blackmailer buffing thing, I just think a blackmailer reading whispers is a terrible idea, while admittedly it would work with the lore, I think it would make the blackmailer overpowered

My only problem with making BM read whispers is that when using this list you would then have "Arsonist or Lookout", which has the same problem as Doc or SK, in that if you know that there is no Arso (through SK or WW kills) its almost certain that they are Lookout.
Also making BM read whispers wouldnt be OP as long as it is only activated when the BMer is not blackmailing.
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:50 am

TrueGent wrote:
orangeandblack5 wrote:

Holy shit you just blew my mind.

Ok this list is a 10/10. Pack up and go home people.

JammySplodge wrote:With the whole blackmailer buffing thing, I just think a blackmailer reading whispers is a terrible idea, while admittedly it would work with the lore, I think it would make the blackmailer overpowered

My only problem with making BM read whispers is that when using this list you would then have "Arsonist or Lookout", which has the same problem as Doc or SK, in that if you know that there is no Arso (through SK or WW kills) its almost certain that they are Lookout.
Also making BM read whispers wouldnt be OP as long as it is only activated when the BMer is not blackmailing.

It's still a mafia member who can read whispers, imagine this
Mayor reveals and asks for roles to be whispered to him/her
The sheriff, jailor and investigator whisper to him
The blackmailer sees these whispers
The Mafia now has the three biggest threats to their secrecy
The Mafia wins

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby TrueGent » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:03 am

JammySplodge wrote: It's still a mafia member who can read whispers, imagine this
Mayor reveals and asks for roles to be whispered to him/her
The sheriff, jailor and investigator whisper to him
The blackmailer sees these whispers
The Mafia now has the three biggest threats to their secrecy
The Mafia wins

Thats the risk you would decide to take when you decide to do a Mayor claim strat.
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:05 am

Well, the poll seems pretty conclusive for "use the regular list". So yeah.

I'll keep the other list up, but it's still a second thing, not anything that I would use.

Also, planning to try and get this tested in the Testing Grounds as soon as I'm back from Europe.
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby TrueGent » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:21 am

orangeandblack5 wrote:Well, the poll seems pretty conclusive for "use the regular list". So yeah.

I'll keep the other list up, but it's still a second thing, not anything that I would use.

Also, planning to try and get this tested in the Testing Grounds as soon as I'm back from Europe.

If you are just going to move Spy and BM into their own category, what are you going to do about Arso/Lookout?
Or do you think that since Arso can hide better than SK that its not an issue?
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:40 am

TrueGent wrote:
orangeandblack5 wrote:Well, the poll seems pretty conclusive for "use the regular list". So yeah.

If you are just going to move Spy and BM into their own category, what are you going to do about Arso/Lookout?
Or do you think that since Arso can hide better than SK that its not an issue?

For right now I'm not sure.

If anybody suggests a specific move than I'll look at it, but since a good amount of Arsonist players (myself included) don't douse until the end of the game unless necessary, I think it's "good enough" as is.

Plus, any way you look at it it is still better claim space for the Arsonist than Arso/Trans before the Transporter nerf, and worse claim space for the Lookout than BG/Lookout/Jailor.
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby cmitc1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 am

I like it, but it feels like evil is getting a little too much to work with.
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:14 pm

cmitc1 wrote:I like it, but it feels like evil is getting a little too much to work with.

Most evil roles here only have one claim if investigated (opposed to zero), and most non-instant-confrim townies have two scum they are paired with.

I think it's balanced; what evil roles are getting too much to work with here?

Please explain.
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby cmitc1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:31 pm

it feels like your giving the strongest evil roles here a pretty simple role to claim, it feels like all they need is a will and there not going to trial for a long time (until there role is not possible), but its still one of the best I have seen :D
cmitc1
Arsonist
Arsonist

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:12 am

cmitc1 wrote:it feels like your giving the strongest evil roles here a pretty simple role to claim, it feels like all they need is a will and there not going to trial for a long time (until there role is not possible), but its still one of the best I have seen :D

Scumreading, Lookouts, Spies, Sheriffs, being hit by another killing role, and more take away from this.
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions