SFM6 | Virtual Small Town | Mafia and Jester Win (Endgamed)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM6 | Virtual Small Town | Day 3 (Early Halo)

Postby Knockoff » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:03 pm

It would make sense if you were SK, because you weren't fully caught up at the time where Munch died and you don't seem to think that a Munch kill based on their ability would be that bad.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby TheNinja476 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:06 pm

I read the first few pages of the game before I replaced Scraf, and I could have easily seen that Munch was acting jestery.
TheNinja476
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Knockoff » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:08 pm

TheNinja476 wrote:I read the first few pages of the game before I replaced Scraf, and I could have easily seen that Munch was acting jestery.

That's not exactly true.

TheNinja476 wrote: Spoiler:
Arckas wrote:
leyva45 wrote:I guess we're back. This would've gone terribly if Arckas was Mafia. Luckily, now he most likely won't be >~>

Yes you would.

OK, possibly might request a time extension as I've been on both sides of the coin, and let me tell you we are not prepared.

Mafia

Ryu
  • He's a roleblocker, which makes him useful if we want to cancel out the actions of another player. I can see him being really useful at the end of the game, especially if we need to solidify out position against town, but less so in the face of serial killers.

Nathan Drake
  • Your basically the marshall for the mafia. I see you being helpful if we wanted effects off of us, but this will come at the expense of not one, but two people getting confirmed. Your best bet is to lie low or perhaps try and be our person who kills. As your are impervious to kills yourself because you are lucky, you can save yourself more and is no stranger to the night. The lynch stand is where we want to avoid you.

Everyone else
Mario
  • His true enemy is the lynch stand, much like Nathan. If we attack him, he will just testify he was attacked. It would have been nice if he was mafia. Other then that, lynching him should be a default thing we should attempt- were not going to deal with him at night. Perhaps yes, if we want to attack him but not have any kills.
Monster hunter
  • She can and will be hell if we end up with her. I dislike having someone who will shadow us, make sure we know what were doing. She will make sure what we do is exactly that, what we do. I can see Ryu getting away if she ends up targgeting her, but that will still put him in the spot light.
Phoenix Wright
  • Were not in so much trouble if she is town. Its if he's not town is what I'm worried about. He'll likely try to assert himself, trying to put his one ability to use. We should't talk against him either; he can kill us if he wants to vote us or if we manage to lynch. Eventually, he'll revert to a citizen at 5, which is about where the game should be decided. I can see him being annoying.
Joel
  • Much like Monster hunter, he'll make sure we get to our destination and do what we came for. He can also act like a protective in a sense, so I'm wondering which one is better. Acting like a protective or an investigative.
Link
  • A delayed protective. Good, because I don't think anyone will be targeting him tonight because they won't think killing won't go for a delayed strike. In truth, there is no difference between killing him now or later, so long as we do it early on or not at all, at the end of the decided game. He is someone who can we should not underestimate and should not be underestimated.
Kirby
  • He can jack our abilities, anyone's abilities. An amnesiac with a decided side. We should decide how to deal with him, possibly making him the first thing we attempt to lynch randomly, or try to time our lynches to where they're not as effective. I certainly don't want him living, he'll just be the people we don't want, coming back and back.
Samus Aran
  • Surpress her, we don't need to kill but we don't want her finding out how important her ability is. The argument for "too good to use" syndrome is something most people can agree with if we say it the right way. Her ability is something to make or not do much for the town, or whoever side she aligns herself with at the time.
Solid Snake
  • Heals that need to take a night to use up. Essentially a vest dealer. If we let those vials get out, we could be in trouble. Letting two or less can be doable, but more then three and I can see a tough future for killing who we'd like to kill. I also, ironically, don't want a syringe because I don't know what I'm going to do with it.
Wander
  • Would be cool if mafia. As town, I feel he's going to not be as too useful since he's got to be everywhere. Low priority, in my mind anyway.
Altair
  • He's going to be a glass cannon. He will fear his own power to the point where he's fine doing nothing. I can see him being an issue if multiple targets for death come out, which we should be avoiding. He can just execute us all if he finds out. We should only be looking to target him if multiple people are found out.
Robin
  • No so good early game. Good late game. Possible target for later.
John Marshton
  • He's going to fire his guns. I just know it. Don't know what scenario this is good for, if he was jester or executioner this would make sense.

This is the last post I read.. I'll continue now

You said that this was the last post you read earlier. This was before Munch started acting suspicious.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby RockFire » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Knock has a point; the problem is that you didn't and the kill doesn't make sense. Why kill Munch? He was acting like a jester and his ability wasn't that good. Why would the SK target them?
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby TheNinja476 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Knockoff wrote:
TheNinja476 wrote:I read the first few pages of the game before I replaced Scraf, and I could have easily seen that Munch was acting jestery.

You said that this was the last post you read earlier. This was before Munch started acting suspicious.

Huh, I believe Munch started acting Jestery before that.

RockFire wrote:Knock has a point; the problem is that you didn't and the kill doesn't make sense. Why kill Munch? He was acting like a jester and his ability wasn't that good. Why would the SK target them?

His ability was good! It almost guaranteed to lynch a scum!
TheNinja476
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RockFire » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Why do you believe the ability was good? Why did the SK not target someone else like a Protective or Mel?
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby TheNinja476 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:17 pm

RockFire wrote:Why do you believe the ability was good? Why did the SK not target someone else like a Protective or Mel?

It guaranteed to lynch a scum, I stated an example yesterday. It was most likely that Munch was going to get invested, after he got invested and they figured out his alignment, all protectives would be all over him!
TheNinja476
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:20 pm

After Munch's performance I doubt we would have investigated him...especially since he was supposed to be on Santa's contract list.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby RockFire » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:22 pm

So, I'm hearing Ninja give his reason as to why the SK killed him and it's because of the ability. If we thought Munch was the jester, investing him would do us no good as it would come back as Neutral.

And we had Santa to kill him if he did anything. I honestly doubt that the SK would kill someone on Altair's list. You didn't know what we were doing that night though and I'm fairly certain you're the only one who thought Munch had a good ability.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby nighthawk101 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Why Munch would have been targeted:
a) Someone who didn't read the thread and thought that the player was a threat
b) Someone who didn't read the thread and thought that the role was a threat
c) RNG

I don't recall if Ninja's been in any games with Munch, but Ninja seems convinced that Munch was a good kill for the SK despite the player behind the role.

On me being in the background: This is something I've noticed myself and have tried to be more active because of it, but in a disappointing twist, I actually have less free time during the summer (summer classes, summer assignments) than I did during the school year (going on the forums in class).

Also, his ability isn't "guaranteed to lynch a scum": if scum had majority and Munch was town, they could have just voted him. They might miss out on lynching a role with a night action though. (I think you believe that Marston and his target can't vote? I can't see why they wouldn't)

FM Record Spoiler:

Current ToS IGNs: Silumgar, Ojutai, Ace, Santa, Seven, Guilt
Spoiler:
nighthawk101
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby stellaluna » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:49 pm

TheNinja476 wrote:It guaranteed to lynch a scum, I stated an example yesterday. It was most likely that Munch was going to get invested, after he got invested and they figured out his alignment, all protectives would be all over him!

Except it's only "guaranteed to lynch a scum" in a very specific scenario that wasn't guaranteed to happen anyway.
But it's a pretty funny coincidence that you're the only person who seems to think munch's role was all that helpful.
anyway place your bets on how long until this game gets suspended due to lack of backups :roll:
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby melanora » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:55 pm

-sigh-
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby RockFire » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:57 pm

Well, we do have to wait on Sir cakes replacement, but in the meantime, we should at least try to make headway. How should vote with myself and mel to lynch Ninja? This should give us an advantage if stella is Town since we can find all the Mafia in one fell swoop if we do our reads right.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby stellaluna » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:03 pm

RockFire wrote:Well, we do have to wait on Sir cakes replacement, but in the meantime, we should at least try to make headway. How should vote with myself and mel to lynch Ninja? This should give us an advantage if stella is Town since we can find all the Mafia in one fell swoop if we do our reads right.

I'd suggest cow or leyva from yesterday's voter pool and everyone else from outside of it.
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Knockoff » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Cow, Tfios and Night should vote on Ninja, when it comes to suspicious people that need to vote.

There probably needs to be a third voter that's trusted. I guess SirCakez's replacement would be fine since he was pretty pro-town when he was around.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Metrion » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:03 pm

Should it be needed more time may be alocated since SorCakez's replacement cannot be found as of yet.
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Postby TheCow » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Any idea who I should be RBing?
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby melanora » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Metrion wrote:Should it be needed more time may be alocated since SorCakez's replacement cannot be found as of yet.

This would be wonderful because, tbh, whatever Cakez' results were, that kind of decides who is doing the voting... maybe even who we vote. We'll see.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby melanora » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:34 am

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Metrion » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:44 am

Deleter will be replacing SirCakez.
Metrion

Postby melanora » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:45 am

-bangs forehead against the wall-

OKAY THEN FABULOUS please tell us all about your night action Deleter, and fyi it is already known that you have a syringe that we would love for you to use tonight, and basically based on the night actions either we lynch knockoff or we lynch tfios tomorrow.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Deleter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:02 am

Hold up. I'm going to take time to read through everything and begin posting in the thread.

According to Metrion, the night actions were:

N1 Tfios visits TheCow
N2 Leyva visits k1llthestory

Please be patient, I have school and exams as well as another mafia(7C if you were wondering) to play. Thanks a lot.
© Burgy
Deleter
Godfather
Godfather

Postby melanora » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 am

Were you transported or targets traded or anything like that? This is super fucking important.

Because it legit looks like OH WAIT A MINuTE LEYVA

wait. hold up.

holy shit holy shit holy shit.

Okay so no switching, and leyva visited the guy that dies?!

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby melanora » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 am

It's too early for me to think this through because I feel like we just got handed shit on a silver platter but i'm forgetting something aren't i

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby melanora » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:40 am

melanora wrote:
melanora wrote:N2 Info
Nellyfox - "I got roleblocked." Roleblocked by TheCow.
TheNinja475 - "I slept peacefully." Rubbed Luck(?) on Knockoff.
Knockoff - "I slept peacefully."
tfiosforevah - Hey guys I was redirected but whoever I watched knockoff visited [tried to visit Rock]
TheCow - "Slept peacefully." Roleblocked Nelly.
SirCakez Deleter - Watched K1ll, visited by leyva [syringe]
RockFire - "I was attacked by the Mafia. I will die at the end of today."
stellaluna - 1/5 voters anti town, 3/5 nonvoters anti town
nighthawk101 - Slept peacefully and contracted stella as instructed.
melanora - "Slept Peacefully." Gave Syringe #1 to SirCakez/Deleter. Did not RB/Inspect.
leyva45 - "Slept Peacefully." Gave Syringe #2 to k1ll.

god dammit okay nevermind OKAY SO HERE IS THE UPDATE

So yes.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads