SFM6 | Virtual Small Town | Mafia and Jester Win (Endgamed)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM6 | Virtual Small Town | Day 1 (Choose Your Champion)

Postby Santa07 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:13 pm

what do the nanomachines actually do?
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Arckas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Monster hunter- You will ensure someone is going somewhere. Someone who is doing an action is what I would like you to do. Someone important and most of all can get by without using a consumable ability. I don't think, for example, Altair, Samus, or Snake is a good option.

Joel- Your very similar to monster hunter. Practically serving its purpose, however like I said before, you can be repurposed into a protective. I'd like your advice on what to do as well as others. (Personally think enforcer would be good, at least for today)
Santa07 wrote:what do the nanomachines actually do?

Save people lives.
Cost an action to use, I believe. Can be passed around.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby RockFire » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm fine with having the passing on exercise since we could learn a lot from how they pass it onto, should they flip Mafia. And Leyva has only three uses, so that's something to consider and they double night actions, don't they?

Confirming someone tonight through Neasans would be the best idea, but perhaps we should have targets for her to select and we can all give input on which ones we want to be checked since Mafia confirming Mafia is always bad. And it helps either way considering it wastes a use if Neasans is Mafia and helps out the Town if she is Town. I don't see a problem with it.

And yeah, Santa is certainly a danger unless we can confirm him to be Town seeing as how scum getting two kills in one night puts us at a really bad disadvantage.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Arckas wrote:Monster hunter- You will ensure someone is going somewhere. Someone who is doing an action is what I would like you to do. Someone important and most of all can get by without using a consumable ability. I don't think, for example, Altair, Samus, or Snake is a good option.

Joel- Your very similar to monster hunter. Practically serving its purpose, however like I said before, you can be repurposed into a protective. I'd like your advice on what to do as well as others. (Personally think enforcer would be good, at least for today)
Santa07 wrote:what do the nanomachines actually do?

Save people lives.
Cost an action to use, I believe. Can be passed around.

Solid Snake

You are Solid Snake

"War has changed" - Snake in his grumpiest of voices while lighting a cigarette.

Each night you may give a player a syringe filled with nano-machines.
They may use their ability twice if they choose to use the syringe any following night. Additionally they can pass it on to another player.
You only have three syringes, you may also use one on yourself at any time.

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:22 pm

Arckas wrote:Samus, Snake, Robin, Altair and John Marston

These people we've got to make a plan of action for. Don't the chance for the mafia to get more option then they need.

Compulsory night actions people
Ryu (Street Fighter) - TheCow
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter) - SirCakez
Nathan Drake (Uncharted) - LeScraf
Joel (The Last of Us) - waffleme3
Link (The Legend of Zelda) - Rockfire
Kirby (Kirby) - nighthawk101
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) - leyva45
Cortana (Halo) - Arckas
Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) - Swordsworth

Samus Aran (Metriod) - Neasans
Altaïr (Assassin's Creed) - Santa07
Robin (Fire Emblem) - matthew8367

Let me know if I missing something. Talk more in the next post.

I did not mean to hit submit on my previous post yet, oops.
Anyway, Cow, Waffle, Rock, Swords and I should all not reveal who we are targeting, and night can't use his ability yet. Arckas should reveal who he is targeting to avoid protecting, say Knock. Scraf presents an issue, as whoever he visits can't be protected.

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Swordsworth » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:23 pm

It doesn't save lives, clearly. I'm completely fine with Neasans doing this. A target should be decided upon. Mario or Kirby work.
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby leyva45 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:23 pm

I could give nesans a nanomachine, Rock.
leyva- le discord
leyva45
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby Swordsworth » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Leyva, it just gives 2 uses in one night for opti-

Oh dear. Yes. That's certainly an idea.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby TheCow » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Darn, I was looking forward to being Mafia with those guys. I'll give my thoughts after work.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Giving Samus a syringe is a good idea, but also risky should Neasans be mafia. I think giving Swords a syringe is a better idea, as double protection will be very useful late game and at worst if he is mafia, he can protect both of his scum buddies from the SK instead of one of them for one night, not too big of a deal.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Swordsworth » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Yeah, Neasans could confirm two people. It's just expanding on Rock's idea. In addition, Leyva could give someone with no night action a syringe to hold on to for perhaps a night, then take it back or have them pass it along.
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby RockFire » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Again, it's risky to give anyone a syringe and they could not be Town. We need to have someone confirmed by Neasans, but that is also risky as she could also be scum. It's one big logical loop, but we need to start somewhere or we won't get through this game.

Ergo, we could do this, but the risk is involved. It allows Neasans to check three people instead of the two she normally could. We just need to be careful because we don't want the Mafia to get these extra night actions.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Swordsworth » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:34 pm

The only adverse affect I see is roleblocking individuals while they are killed, or saving fellow members in a pinch...
Somewhere waiting for me

Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:35 pm

If we do end up deciding Neasans should get a syringe or even if we don't, who do we think would make good interrogation targets?

I think Nelly, Cow, Arckas, Santa and maybe night would be the best targets for an interrogation, given that they have the most potential to cause damage to the town.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Knockoff » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:40 pm

I'm fine with the syringe idea. Seeing who the person with the syringe chooses gives us useful information that can give us a hint at their alignment. I also have no objections to receiving a nano-machine at night either.

I agree that Altair should be used with caution considering that if we mislynch and he assassinates his target and they're town, even Nelly's two votes won't help. I think that they're less of a danger as scum, though, considering it'd take two nights to backstab us and we'd know after the first night if someone that wasn't supposed to get a contract received one. I wouldn't call them a high priority check.

Regarding Neasans, I'd be willing to take the risk that they might not be town. The thought of them being able to confirm two people each on two different nights If we gave Neasans a syringe is a pretty appealing prospect. We shouldn't take their results at face-value, but I think it's worth the risk.

Just to make sure, if we gave Neasans a syringe, would they end up using both checks in one night, or would it still count as one?
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Knockoff » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:42 pm

The way Santa plays each alignment is also pretty distinct, so I think we can reliably sort them out by their day play instead of using a check on them.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby RockFire » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Yeah, I guess it would help to get as many people confirmed as possible, but just be careful who you give syringes to as a general rule of thumb. Make sure you're certain how you're handing them out to is someone you trust.

And I think the whole Santa thing would be easy to determine.

Also, remember that we have jester or an exe, so keep your eyes peeled for the behaviors associated with each role.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Knockoff » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Also, should the 'give the syringe to someone without a night action' idea come before after Neasans a syringe? I'd lean towards having Neasans get the syringe first, considering that otherwise, they only end up being able to use a syringe night three at earliest, and our goal is to get people confirmed quickly at the moment.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:55 pm

I feel we can wait a day to give Neasans a syringe at the very least, so we can at least form reads and decide who would be better for the double interrogation night.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Arckas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:05 pm

I don't believe their is even a method for confirming Neaseans, right?

If were going to do it, were going to have to assign targets directly and trust.

To speak on something, confirming someone as town isn't going to help us any. What we say and do is all here, their is secret chat for town. There isn't coordination going behind the scenes, its all done here. Whats better to do with the investigative is not to confirm people, but to actually just find people who are guilty. If we start looking for suspicious behavior, or just get that feel, we should take it instead of confirming someone who is 'seems trust worthy'

Dare I say it. Confirming isn't going to help us in the long run. If we think someone is town and has done or acts pro-town, we should just go with it. Right now, actions aren't the best but how a person talks seems our best indicator.

Regarding Joel, the person who can protect and investigate- I have an idea.
Why not both?

If we order him to protect someone who is also going to have someone expected to visit them, we get the both of best worlds.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby RockFire » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:14 pm

I guess that's another way to approach the problem and it could work just as well considering we have an SK and three Mafia members to find. We can find two scum out of the four we need to find if we play our cards right. We need to read the other players then. Anyway, this means that we should watch for white noise and slips.

Concerning Joel, this means that the person visiting will have to do what we say no matter their alignment for fear of being exposed if they're scum. This could work to force some to do an action.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Arckas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 pm

My main goal and what I most feared when I was mafia- limited options.

Mafia can have their cream of the crop when it comes to who kills, thats something I hardly doubt we can prevent in the first place. The only way to prevent that would be random protective everywhere knowing to protect someone who seems high value; not what I'm getting at. When my action was getting used up, Ryu's actions was getting used up, I feared Scraf would also be expected. This puts us at weird positions that I dislike.

You may have a different philosophy on this, but that was my worry and what I'm now trying to do; have everything do something at all times for everyone.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arckas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Question: Can I redirect serial killer actions as well as mafia actions?

I know mafia for certain I can redirect. Serial killer I'm iffy on.

If not, I'm essentially useless and am just fodder. As I was against town before, my role would be pretty good for doing. As I am now town, I'm more just an accident waiting to happen unless I can redirect kills.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:38 pm

Of course Scraf and Cow would have been together ;)
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

Postby Nellyfox » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:55 pm

IAmAMunchlax wrote:Of course Scraf and Cow would have been together ;)

Can you actually help now ?
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads