Canned Chat

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Canned Chat

Postby JSange » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:35 pm

I remember AQW and the like had a specific type of chat for unregistered players; people whose emails could not be or had not been verified. There were dropdown lists of specific things you could say. Like the voiceline menus in Valorant or Overwatch, but mildly more complex. With some of the recent changes regarding names and numbers for players whilst in-game, I think this could actually be manageable. Preset sentence structures, with spots where you can scroll a list of dates, names or actions. Like one of those madlib books. There are players who might struggle with sentence structure and may come off to other players as incoherent. There might be players who speak English as a third or fourth language. There might be players who get chatbanned for breaking a rule they were not advised of, or perhaps had a slip of the tongue (mind) and typed something they shouldn't have, due to either temper or comical timing found in poor taste. This way these players receive a warning that is plenty effective, and perhaps don't have to fill a now unoccupied recreational slot in their schedule, since most of us are adults who have developed rather packed schedules since becoming players of this game; hence the vastly decreased player counts day-to-day.
Good morning, God has let me live another day.

And I'm about to make it everyone's problem.
JSange
Jester
Jester

Re: Canned Chat

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:09 pm

JSange wrote:I remember AQW and the like had a specific type of chat for unregistered players; people whose emails could not be or had not been verified. There were dropdown lists of specific things you could say. Like the voiceline menus in Valorant or Overwatch, but mildly more complex. With some of the recent changes regarding names and numbers for players whilst in-game, I think this could actually be manageable. Preset sentence structures, with spots where you can scroll a list of dates, names or actions. Like one of those madlib books. There are players who might struggle with sentence structure and may come off to other players as incoherent. There might be players who speak English as a third or fourth language. There might be players who get chatbanned for breaking a rule they were not advised of, or perhaps had a slip of the tongue (mind) and typed something they shouldn't have, due to either temper or comical timing found in poor taste. This way these players receive a warning that is plenty effective, and perhaps don't have to fill a now unoccupied recreational slot in their schedule, since most of us are adults who have developed rather packed schedules since becoming players of this game; hence the vastly decreased player counts day-to-day.

Ok I understand.. But mind repeating this but in English?
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby JSange » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:19 pm

Cute.

JSange
Jester
Jester

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:47 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
JSange wrote:I remember AQW and the like had a specific type of chat for unregistered players; people whose emails could not be or had not been verified. There were dropdown lists of specific things you could say. Like the voiceline menus in Valorant or Overwatch, but mildly more complex. With some of the recent changes regarding names and numbers for players whilst in-game, I think this could actually be manageable. Preset sentence structures, with spots where you can scroll a list of dates, names or actions. Like one of those madlib books. There are players who might struggle with sentence structure and may come off to other players as incoherent. There might be players who speak English as a third or fourth language. There might be players who get chatbanned for breaking a rule they were not advised of, or perhaps had a slip of the tongue (mind) and typed something they shouldn't have, due to either temper or comical timing found in poor taste. This way these players receive a warning that is plenty effective, and perhaps don't have to fill a now unoccupied recreational slot in their schedule, since most of us are adults who have developed rather packed schedules since becoming players of this game; hence the vastly decreased player counts day-to-day.

Ok I understand.. But mind repeating this but in English?

Basically using amogus chat for ppl without paid accounts (if I understood)
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby JSange » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:58 pm

Among Us has a chat for unpaid users? Wish I knew that before I bought it.

JSange
Jester
Jester

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:18 pm

JSange wrote:Among Us has a chat for unpaid users? Wish I knew that before I bought it.

No, you just make no sense at all.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby JSange » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:01 pm

I'm not sure how I can possibly clarify. A drop down chat box, instead of typing in statements. Prebuilt sentences with optional drop-downs for player numbers, occurrences and dates.

JSange
Jester
Jester

Postby SilverCruz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:07 am

EqsyLootz wrote:Ok I understand.. But mind repeating this but in English?

They're not talkin' too fast, you're just listenin' too slow.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:16 am

JSange wrote:Among Us has a chat for unpaid users? Wish I knew that before I bought it.

No, it is for everyone
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:46 am

JSange wrote:I'm not sure how I can possibly clarify. A drop down chat box, instead of typing in statements. Prebuilt sentences with optional drop-downs for player numbers, occurrences and dates.

No, they tried that for among us and it was awful.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:37 pm

I rather avoid making the game more dull with messages that you can just click.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Suggestions