I was banned

Post anything related to the game here!

I was banned

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:41 am

Hey, so I was banned recently for leaving and I wanted to know what y’all thought about the verdict. I had to go and eat dinner, so I couldn’t say no to my parents, so I had 1 of 3 choices.

1. Leave and tell lobby I was sorry (This is what I did, and I got banned)
2. Go AFK and cross my fingers (reportable offense)
3. Ignore parents (would’ve worked for about 5 seconds)

Can you help me so next time I don’t get banned? Thanks.
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Re: I was banned

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:08 am

The right answer is "don't start playing if you are about to have dinner". You have to choose when to play responsibly, and this goes for any multiplayer game. Also, you were only banned because you already had 3 guilty reports.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:20 pm

Jo, I had no way to know when he was getting back (he’d been gone for 2 hours at the store)

Hagg1s, you mean going AFK? That doesn’t seem right to me.
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby genericusername1231 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:25 pm

Personally, I'd say that this ban was pretty unreasonable. Has BMG themselves not reiterated countless times over that players leaving irregularly and without warning will not be punished as it will be assumed that some connection error was at fault? I would interpret this as an implication that leaving for gameplay reasons is the behavior that BMG would like to forbid; i.e, leaving out of frustration or in order to spite other players in the game. Very little can be said to seperate the act of leaving an ongoing match because your connection flickered and leaving one because of some pressing external circumstance irl.

>You have to choose when to play responsibly, and this goes for any multiplayer game.
This rationale is a bit ridiculous - are we to seriously expect that all should be able to predict, with perfect accuracy, every event that could force them off of a multiplayer game within the next twenty minutes every time they join a lobby? I say "with perfect accuracy" as Trialbot lists the report in question as their first guilty offense for leaving in their history of 567 games; there clearly is absolutely no history of abandoning matches that one may speak of, and yet they were suspended nonetheless.

OP, if you would like to return to the game and if the trial admins still do insist on being unreasonable with their leaving enforcement, I suggest that you simply exit the game without saying anything if ever you do have to leave while alive. While announcing your reason for going is the more courteous option, trial staff seem to consider it tantamount to stating "I'm leaving because I don't like to play godfather, ok bye".
genericusername1231
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:37 am

Leaving is against the rules, but it usually isn't punished because it's very hard to prove. The OP said he was going AFK, so he was punished.

genericusername1231 wrote:>You have to choose when to play responsibly, and this goes for any multiplayer game.
This rationale is a bit ridiculous - are we to seriously expect that all should be able to predict, with perfect accuracy, every event that could force them off of a multiplayer game within the next twenty minutes every time they join a lobby? I say "with perfect accuracy" as Trialbot lists the report in question as their first guilty offense for leaving in their history of 567 games; there clearly is absolutely no history of abandoning matches that one may speak of, and yet they were suspended nonetheless.

It's not that hard to predict when you are going to have dinner. That's not a valid excuse. Of course sometimes irl things happen that force you to leave, but having dinner is not one of them.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Descender » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:25 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Leaving is against the rules, but it usually isn't punished because it's very hard to prove. The OP said he was going AFK, so he was punished.

genericusername1231 wrote:>You have to choose when to play responsibly, and this goes for any multiplayer game.

It's not that hard to predict when you are going to have dinner. That's not a valid excuse. Of course sometimes irl things happen that force you to leave, but having dinner is not one of them.

this used to be exceptioned
it is against the rules, but that doesnt mean it deserves a punishment
what changed
pro gamer tip: saying "the game now costs money" isnt an answer
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:05 pm

I mean, rules did change when the game went p2p. I don't really know about exceptions, personally I think they are stupid, specially since mods claim this is a "community driven" system. In any case, perhaps the judges changed. This is all subjective.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Where do I go to appeal an incorrect ban?
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Flavorable » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:02 pm

PraiseTheGenius wrote:Where do I go to appeal an incorrect ban?

Nowhere. It's not an incorrect ban, hence your appeal being denied.

Case closed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PraiseTheGenius » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:09 pm

I swear there was a place where I could appeal a decision. I guess y’all took that away?
PraiseTheGenius
Executioner
Executioner

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:44 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
PraiseTheGenius wrote:I swear there was a place where I could appeal a decision. I guess y’all took that away?

Your reading comprehension skills are equally as good as your following TOS rules skills.

https://imgur.com/a/PFnhW1V

gottem
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Town of Salem Discussion