End Ranked Season 5 now

Put any feedback about the game here.

End Ranked Season 5 now

Postby yanny20 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:27 pm

This season has been going on for an entire year, is it even going to end? The rank 1 player has almost 7000 elo, that's completely ridiculous, besides there's not much incentive to play after master rank (the highest rank) because of the lack of players, being high elo would get you queued with people that have 0 elo anyway. Maybe you'd keep your ranked playerbase for longer if the resets were more frequent.

Given that the ranked season has been so long already I think another hard reset is needed.
yanny20

Re: End Ranked Season 5 now

Postby blackaxe3 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:26 pm

My thoughts exactly. Ranked Season 4 was supposed to be the exception, not the rule. These seasons should only last 6-9 months at most.

We also need a new role list, this one hugely benefits mafia by giving them two allies so it’s a 9v6.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:29 pm

blackaxe3 wrote:We also need a new role list, this one hugely benefits mafia by giving them two allies so it’s a 9v6.

the s5 list isn't scumsided just get good lmao

s5 has been a bit on the long side tho, although i imagine that's 90% because traitors in salem is a thing
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:06 am

Ezradekezra wrote:
blackaxe3 wrote:We also need a new role list, this one hugely benefits mafia by giving them two allies so it’s a 9v6.

s5 has been a bit on the long side tho, although i imagine that's 90% because traitors in salem is a thing

S5 is bad in the sense its unfun and stupidly early how the games decided. But it's a problem imo I don't think old ranked was more balanced heck I'd say its worse.

Problem is we'd have to rework town roles and rework mafia in a way that 5v10 is fair to have balanced and fun games.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:57 pm

The Mafia needs fewer roles that are inoperable without a certain kind of Town role being present in the game.

And fewer self-destructive roles.

Framer, Disguiser, and Hypnotist are broken.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:18 am

SilverCruz wrote:The Mafia needs fewer roles that are inoperable without a certain kind of Town role being present in the game.

And fewer self-destructive roles.

Framer, Disguiser, and Hypnotist are broken.

I'd say mafia and evils need one less slot but need all their roles to actually be balanced and good.

Also with town having no stupidly broken town roles would be good, heck I'd be down for no jailor in town, I dislike how dependent town is on one role not to mess up or die early.

Certain roles like spy and transporter are pretty broken and unfun for evils to even play aganist.

Theirs so many problems with ranked because 6v9 is not going to be a greatly balanced you can argue percent wise its balanced but if you call balance idk jailor gets lucky or you get a good one or that the ambusher didn't spawn and get a extra kill by n2 "skill" then idk

5v10 on paper is actually pretty damn scum sided as it is imo, the problem comes with the actual role balance firstly.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:18 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

The S5 list is scum sided. Only reason Town wins so much is because they have absurdly broken roles like Jailor, Spy, Transporter, and the swing of Mayor.

Would anyone object to this easy list, without any role changes?

Jailor
TI
TP
TK
TS
RT
RT
RT
RT
RT

GF
MAF
RM
RM

WITCH

Winrates would be about the same as they are now, but without PoE being part of the game. It doesn’t matter that Town has the additional member, good luck finding the evils since the evils can all feasibly claim RT.

This doesn’t mean “don’t ever change the roles”, by the way. Just the easiest list.

-

Hypnotist is not broken. Just needs the slightest buff to remove all feedback a player gets. I’ve carried games as Hypnotist.

Framer needs some buffs. I’ve outlined ways to buff it before, tell me what you think.

Disguiser‘s in a pretty good spot right now, but still needs changes to impact the game outside of TIs - which Mafia should be killing anyways.

I would object to that list, a 10v5 only works without jailor and without mayor (maye transporter)
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:13 am

I dont reallt think it would be that wierd, is like VH only spawning if vamps are in the game, but anyway that is not the point

I dont support jailor and mayor in ranked because those 2 make town mistakes waay more forgivable than mafia mistakes
What makes a 10v5 look good (in theory at least) is that it allows both sides to make mistakes and still overcome, due to the nature of the game, town mistakes are already more forgivable (imagine you make a mistake as town, you have 9 other people to help you recover it, as mafia you only have 3-4), imagine town is in a 5v4, witch died and 4 townies died too

Townies lynch a good guy, considering that they have failed to kill a single mafia, and just made a misslynch, town is lost, but if jailor or mayor are alive they can easily overcome all the bad things they did, only needing 1-2 people to do it
Without jailor and without mayor; town needs to coordinate a lot better
Vigi needs to make sure they dont hit GF
Vet needs to make a good bait, which is specially hard to do at that point
TP have to succesfully save someone before they die
Transporter has to predict who will be attacked AND make sure they dont transport vigilante's target

With jailor/mayor all what you need is the power role to stay alive for 1 more day and they can turn the entire game if they are not dumb
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Onyx12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:43 pm

/support

No other game that has a ranked mode has seasons that last an entire year or 2, this needs to stop
Onyx12

Postby TrillPhonk » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:32 am

I'm glad someone else pointed out this. Seasons should last 3-5 months maximum, not a year or two, if they reset seasons more often I'm pretty sure they would have more active players right now.
I am the Orgasmatron
TrillPhonk
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Feedback