"Invalid username or password" on Android only

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

"Invalid username or password" on Android only

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:51 pm

I have installed TOS on Android and am trying to login. Every time it says "Error: Invalid username or password!" I have double-checked I have the correct info by logging in again on both the web game and the forum on another browser. Any ideas why this is happening? It's okay to use username and not email on the Android version as well right?
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Re: "Invalid username or password" on Android only

Postby Jerme » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:13 am

When I use the adoid version of toS, then I also only use my normal login details (username and password), so that should not be a problem.
Is there the possiblity that your phone "autoincorrects" your password sometimes, or you sligthly miss a button? If thats not the case, it might be the slight chance that there is somehow a character in your password that the adroid version either differently encodes or blockswhen typed for a login.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: "Invalid username or password" on Android only

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Jerme wrote:When I use the adoid version of toS, then I also only use my normal login details (username and password), so that should not be a problem.
Is there the possiblity that your phone "autoincorrects" your password sometimes, or you sligthly miss a button? If thats not the case, it might be the slight chance that there is somehow a character in your password that the adroid version either differently encodes or blockswhen typed for a login.

I think I realized something more likely to cause it. I'm using the Android Open Source Project on my Pinephone with no Play Store or Google services. I have "microg" installed which is supposed to fake out apps that require play store, but perhaps TOS still fails trying to use a Google service on login?

I noticed after hitting Login the last thing it says before giving the error is "Updating." Does that update step require google services?
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Ask Questions