Poisoner Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Poisoner Rework

Postby Benn3 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:34 pm

Role Name:
Poisoner

Attack: Basic
Defense: None
Unique: Yes

Role Alignment:
Coven(Killing)

Abilities:
-You may choose to poison a player each night
-You may select which Night you want your poison to take affect

Attributes:
-Players will be notified when they are poisoned the night before your poison takes affect
-With the Necronomicon, players will not be notified when they are poisoned and will spread the poison to one player they visit
-When poison has been spread to a player, that player cannot spread the poison any further

Goal:
Kill all who would oppose the Coven.

Notifications:
You have decided to poison [Position] tonight.
You have decided to let your poison take affect tonight.
You have decided to delay your poison until Night [#].

Special Attributes:
-Coven Chat
-Can inherit the Necronomicon on Night 3

Additional Information:
-Investigative results would stay the same
Last edited by Benn3 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Poisoner Rework

Postby Dimethyltryptamine99 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:45 pm

-With the Necronomicon, players will not be notified when they are poisoned and will spread the poison to one player they visit

Most roles only visit one player anyway. With Transporter you're just getting into RNG on which player gets poisoned, which I do not like at all. If it wasn't for that I do really like this idea of spreading poison to a visitor.

To clarify is the poison spread to a person they visit on the night they're poisoned?

-You may select which Night you want your poison to take affect

This I think is very unnecessary and doesn't really add anything to the role. Most people are just gonna poison as soon as possible anyway, no reason reason to delay it.
Dimethyltryptamine99
Jester
Jester

Postby Benn3 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:00 pm

To clarify is the poison spread to a person they visit on the night they're poisoned?

They can only spread poison the night the poison action is done to them, yes. The next night, they cannot. I had said that the person the poison has been spread to will be notified upon being poisoned, but I edited it so that they aren't.

Essentially, a scenario could be:

Alice is Poisoner. She poisons John N3. John visits Giles, and both are secretly poisoned. The next night, both players die to poison unless a Doctor went on one of them.

Most roles only visit one player anyway. With Transporter you're just getting into RNG on which player gets poisoned, which I do not like at all. If it wasn't for that I do really like this idea of spreading poison to a visitor.

It'd just be the first target the Transporter(or disguiser) selects; simple solution. I just said 'one player' since I felt that somebody would bring up Transporters and Disguisers lol.

This I think is very unnecessary and doesn't really add anything to the role. Most people are just gonna poison as soon as possible anyway, no reason reason to delay it.

Well, it helps keeps the Poisoner hidden, and allows them to poison a chunk of people to the point where a Doctor won't be able to heal them all. You could poison 3 people and make their poison take place on the same night, having them all die at the same time.

It also could provide some plays, like if a Lookout is on a player, and you visit them, but delay the poison, the Lookout will think you're just a TP or TI(if you posted TI results) and it'd make the Investigator result make a bit more sense.

Possibly one thing I could do is make it so that if you delay the poison, it bypasses all Town(Protective) roles but then can be healed by ANY of them the night after the target is notified, meaning you could essentially poison a Jailor, delay it by a few days, and if you had killed the TPs by then, not only will the Jailor die from your previous poison but you may poison another player too.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Obituary » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:44 am

Love this, great buff!!!
Obituary

Postby WaveAqualei » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:20 pm

Poison doesn't spread unless it's some type of ooze or gas. Poisoner uses neither of these, she uses herbs and berries.

Even not based on lore, you'd HAVE to know that you were poisoned. It doesn't make sense that you wouldn't know unless you were being enchanted by something.

/nosupport
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Obituary » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:26 am

WaveAqualei wrote:Poison doesn't spread unless it's some type of ooze or gas. Poisoner uses neither of these, she uses herbs and berries.

Even not based on lore, you'd HAVE to know that you were poisoned. It doesn't make sense that you wouldn't know unless you were being enchanted by something.

/nosupport

I doubt anyone would care if they would choose the lord. Balance wise and game wise, poison spreading by a visit is a good buff. Although, I don't fully agree with the delayed poison mechanism
Obituary

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:54 am

Obituary wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:Poison doesn't spread unless it's some type of ooze or gas. Poisoner uses neither of these, she uses herbs and berries.

/nosupport

I doubt anyone would care if they would choose the lord. Balance wise and game wise, poison spreading by a visit is a good buff. Although, I don't fully agree with the delayed poison mechanism

If you don't like the Poison being delayed then this role isn't for you. Having the delayed kill is what makes this role unique.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas