Appealing My Ban

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing My Ban

Postby BigBabyBoyBob » Sat May 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Hello!

I found out today after attempting to login that my account was banned for spamming. I looked at the report and noticed it was when I named myself "Jailor".

I said "Jailor here" day 1, and since Jailor was my name, I believed nobody would take it seriously, and sure enough, nobody did. I stated my real role in jail night 1 and at the start of day 2, so nobody was affected. I'm not exactly sure where the spamming occurred, because day 1 was definitely not spamming, and I was trying to push for roles day 2. Please let me know!

Thanks,

Bob
BigBabyBoyBob

Re: Appealing My Ban

Postby TrialBot » Sat May 15, 2021 3:40 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sun May 16, 2021 10:56 pm

Greetings,

based on what I see did you fill the chat with similar messages (your request to lynch 13) and also on day 4 did you appeal to evade the game's spamfilter to slightly alter your message (mixed will Will posts it seems) in order to have the town switch on the player 13.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BigBabyBoyBob » Mon May 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Thanks for responding,

I had been convinced that 13 was evil so I was trying to get him on the stand, as he had checked me twice as sheriff and had been pushing me. I was not evading the spamfilter as I updated the will for the next night.

Also, I was not reported for this, the report says I was reported for saying "Jailor here", which like I said didn't cause confusion as I had stated my role N1 in jail and D2 to everybody. I don't believe I should be punished for pushing 13 when nobody reported me for that. Sure, I was wrong and he was indeed town, but I had good reason to think he was evil (checked me twice - N1 and N4, and 4 total useless results).

Thanks,

Bob
BigBabyBoyBob

Postby Jerme » Mon May 17, 2021 10:49 pm

You were suspended for spamming your push, not for the push itself.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BigBabyBoyBob » Thu May 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi again,

Yes, I heavily pushed for 13 to be lynched D3, D4, and D5. 13 wasn't put on the stand D3 so I again pushed for him to be on the stand D4. Someone else was lynched D4, so he wasn't put on the stand again. D5 came, and I pushed and he was finally put on the stand. I don't believe me pushing someone over the course of 3 days should be considered spam. I didn't really spam in any individual day, sure I posted my will several times, but not spam levels.

Also, as I stated in my last reply, I wasn't reported for this instance. The report was for me naming myself "Jailor" and saying "Jailor here" D1, as the reporter says.

I know this is my 4th guilty report, but I don't believe this warrants the permanent ban. I'd be fine with a temporary suspension but I don't believe I should be blocked from playing forever because of this.

Thanks again,

Bob
BigBabyBoyBob

Return to Appeals