Balance Mafia Town Traitor PLEASE

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Balance Mafia Town Traitor PLEASE

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:15 pm

It's been many months since Town Traitor was released, but it still hasn't been properly balanced to give the Mafia a chance in normal Town Traitor. People have been asking since the early access of Town Traitor to balance Mafia TT, so I'm wondering, why has it yet to been changed? It's a very simple change, either add another Mafia instead of Witch, or add Witch to Mafia chat. I have no idea why to this day, Coven is still significantly more powerful than the Mafia in Town Traitor. If Mafia TT has already been changed, I'll gladly eat my words, but as far as I know, it has yet been changed to actually be in a balanced state.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Balance Mafia Town Traitor PLEASE

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:29 pm

I only play coven tt and not mafia tt for 2 big reasons.

1. The balance behind it especially how witch tends to actively work aganist mafia if they need to go for a count down win, other then that Jailor meta is still very strong.

2. The players, god as someone who gets frustrated with bad players in coven TT, mafia TT is waaay worse it feels like I have to babysit the entire town or try to communicate with mafia claiming dumb stuff and not talking on stand. Cannot stress how much its mainly the players that annoy me.

Honestly tho even if it was balanced which I doubt I don't think it would fix the enjoyment for me and some people who play coven for slightly better players
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:53 am

what soulshade said. My experience with all classic modes, is that theyre full of noobs, so even by balancing the role list, the players are still going to do dumb shit.

This is also a great arguement as to why the coven pay wall should never be removed. Want better quality games? pay the $5

As for the reasoning behind the role list, you can look through the (very large) threads viewtopic.php?f=7&t=107974&hilit
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby flairric66 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:43 am

Well it has gone through some changes, just not recently I do not think. Originally they were not going to do TT Vig, but that has clearly changed.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
Darryl Strawberry is a right-fielder who was born on March 12, 1962 in Los Angeles, California.
flairric66
Doctor
Doctor

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:41 am

flairric66 wrote:Well it has gone through some changes, just not recently I do not think. Originally they were not going to do TT Vig, but that has clearly changed.

I dont think its changed since it left the Public Test Realm
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Midio7 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:36 pm

kyuss420 wrote:what soulshade said. My experience with all classic modes, is that theyre full of noobs, so even by balancing the role list, the players are still going to do dumb shit.

This is also a great arguement as to why the coven pay wall should never be removed. Want better quality games? pay the $5

As for the reasoning behind the role list, you can look through the (very large) threads viewtopic.php?f=7&t=107974&hilit

Really? I started play this game now some years, and since I bought Coven I only play it but I didn't have bad experience in Classic.
Just a guy who plays Town Of Salem daily
Midio7
Lookout
Lookout

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:50 am

Rule no.1 of any game....

If you cant spot the noob, you are the noob.

^^
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby CapWarrior2 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:55 am

Only gamemodes I find with people being semi-smart to smart is Ranked, Ranked Practice(Sometimes), Mafia TT in classic. Problem with Mafoa TT is that it is so systematic, Lynch/Exe Mafia and witch, once on cooldown suicide on vet and any confirmed townies don't, then you find tt. Only way you can really balance Mafia TT is of you were to change the cooldow with TT somehow, although that would be very problematic, especially considering this was the best outcome of the gamemode that was invented.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:I only play coven tt and not mafia tt for 2 big reasons.

1. The balance behind it especially how witch tends to actively work aganist mafia if they need to go for a count down win, other then that Jailor meta is still very strong.

2. The players, god as someone who gets frustrated with bad players in coven TT, mafia TT is waaay worse it feels like I have to babysit the entire town or try to communicate with mafia claiming dumb stuff and not talking on stand. Cannot stress how much its mainly the players that annoy me.

Honestly tho even if it was balanced which I doubt I don't think it would fix the enjoyment for me and some people who play coven for slightly better players

Tbh though you could say that for any mode. For example, people are stupid all the time in Ranked Practice and Ranked. Does that mean BMG should give up on the balance? I don't think so, and I feel the same way about Town Traitor. There's no reason for Witch to even exist if it's not in the Mafia chat besides just to replace a 5th Mafia member, which Coven Town Traitor doesn't do, despite Coven having more killing power.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby flairric66 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 pm

kyuss420 wrote:I dont think its changed since it left the Public Test Realm

Time shouldn't be a factor in whether or not we change something.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
Darryl Strawberry is a right-fielder who was born on March 12, 1962 in Los Angeles, California.
flairric66
Doctor
Doctor

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:05 am

flairric66 wrote:

by 'we' I assume you mean BMG (are you impersonating a BMG employee?)

I never said it should.... I was just pointing out that no changes have been made since it went live into the game, the only changes made were while it was in PTR, because the players found weaknesses they could manipulate in the design, which often lead to long drawn out matches during the tt hunt
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:36 am

DiamondRanger8 wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:I only play coven tt and not mafia tt for 2 big reasons.

Tbh though you could say that for any mode. For example, people are stupid all the time in Ranked Practice and Ranked. Does that mean BMG should give up on the balance? I don't think so, and I feel the same way about Town Traitor. There's no reason for Witch to even exist if it's not in the Mafia chat besides just to replace a 5th Mafia member, which Coven Town Traitor doesn't do, despite Coven having more killing power.

Honestly though it wouldn't make too much of a difference and in ranked theirs way less bad people and RP Is balanced around ranked
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:02 pm

flairric66 wrote:

This
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Descender » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:20 pm

solution: the 1 kill every second day when tt is last mafia
wasnt it acknowledged by a dev
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:40 am

Descender wrote:solution: the 1 kill every second day when tt is last mafia
wasnt it acknowledged by a dev

That would help, but the role list would still be unbalanced. We definitely need another Mafia member, or Witch should just be added to the Mafia chat.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Suggestions