How to Identify a Consigliere.

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

How to Identify a Consigliere.

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:11 pm

Welcome to Eqsy's Diamond Elo Strategy Guide. This is one that many are unsure of as proven in one of my ranked games. People are uncomfortable when it comes to recognizing Consigliere's so here's a few tricks on how to recognize a Consig! :D

LATE CLAIM!: If a Consigliere goes with the classical Investigator claim as most Consig's due considering they can identify others roles chances are they will claim Invest. There's one issue to this however. If There's a Spy their plan is ruined. So what does this cause Consig's to do? Simple, they claim last! Most of the time Investigator's who claim late are Consig's. Now you may ask. Why is this the case? It's simple. They are trying to see if there's a Spy claim. If there's a spy their plan is ruined after all so they need to be patient to not get outted. Then when they realize the coast is clear they post! but of course if you're a god-tier scumreader you can easily identify this sneaky Consig.

Investigators who Investigate Mafia N1! This tactic is a little unreliable as it is also Luck but some Consig's realize that in case there's a spy it's probably safer to investigate one of your mafia members to not get caught by any potential spies. This is a common strategy however unreliable. If you see that a mafia died and the Investigator claim checked them N1. Get a Sheriff on that Invest claim as they're either Consigliere or Lucky investigator. Based on my research more often not they're Consig.

Investigators who check claimed players During vote for role Day 2 especially in Ranked there tends to be a mass claim. It's then the investigators job to sort out those claims and figure out who to investigate strategically. Most investigators will investigate non claimers in order to get claims out (This could vary based on the skillset of the Invest) however a Consig to avoid getting caught, outting their teammates or having to visit will investigate already claimed players to vouch for their claim and seem reliable. But in more cases than not it's just a Consigliere>

CONSIG! If they claim Consigliere.

Dead Party: If they investigate a lot of dead people

FAKE! If they claim Sheriff and real investigator finds them as Invest/Consig/Mayor.

Hope this Ranked guide helped and will help you identify future Consig's ;).

So that way you won't be like the town who refused to listen to me when I scumread the Consig using method 1 on Day 2.

If there are any strategies you guys would like to share feel free.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: How to Identify a Consigliere.

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:02 am

But... what if the consigliere doesn't claim investigator? :o
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:16 am

OreCreeper wrote:But... what if the consigliere doesn't claim investigator? :o

Then theyre already thru the looking glass......

This is also a guide on how to spot a shitty investigator (for the lower ranks)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:20 am

OreCreeper wrote:But... what if the consigliere doesn't claim investigator? :o

Wait for Part II of how to scumread ;)
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Strategic Discussion