Make Executioner and Jester give the same amount of elo

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Make Executioner and Jester give the same amount of elo

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:22 am

I've noticed that while Executioner gives around 6 elo per win, Jester gives around 18 elo per win. This incentivizes Executioners to throw by waiting for their target to die before winning as a Jester for triple elo.

I propose that to remedy this, the elo system should be tweaked so that Executioner and Jester give the same amount of elo per win in Classic Ranked games.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Re: Make Executioner and Jester give the same amount of elo

Postby CapWarrior2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 am

wow jester gives 18 elo per win? Yea defienntly make them the same, I would easily wait till my target dies to get triple the amount of elo.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:06 am

I just got 15 elo from an Executioner win, but I don't know if that's an outlier because of how the game went or something

This change may not be as necessary as I thought it was, but 15 is still less than the consistent 18 that I get from Jester wins.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:35 am

It's a elo bug that happens to exe turnt jester it's actually been around for a while
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:22 am

imo ELO changes should be based on your starting role, not on the role you transformed into.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CapWarrior2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:31 am

Brilliand wrote:imo ELO changes should be based on your starting role, not on the role you transformed into.

This makes sense, let's say a Forger gets more elo then a Mafioso, Forger ends up turning into Mafioso and winning, but then they get less elo.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Kelisidina » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:I've noticed that while Executioner gives around 6 elo per win, Jester gives around 18 elo per win. This incentivizes Executioners to throw by waiting for their target to die before winning as a Jester for triple elo.

I propose that to remedy this, the elo system should be tweaked so that Executioner and Jester give the same amount of elo per win in Classic Ranked games.

I /support this.

In ranked, a bunch of my high-elo friends in masters just whisper to their fellow regs to kill their target night one --> if their target dies, the exe knows they're maf and the maf knows to help the jest. If their target does not die, the exe knows that they whispered to town and will tell the townie that they will side with town- they just need their target dead so they can win.

This results in exes deliberately innoing their target [on the basis that someone kills them in the night so they can get the +9] (+18 elo for jest wins in bronze, silver, gold, plat, and diamond, +9 elo for jest wins in masters).

What's annoying is that it's not reportable by any means, because the exe has the ability to side with whomever they please --> this type of rolesharing between friends is deemed okay.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:18 pm

The baseline for every role is the same when it comes to elo.

The calculation for it is simply based on your (faction's) elo, the opposing faction's elo and the winrate of your faction.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Flavorable wrote:The baseline for every role is the same when it comes to elo.

The calculation for it is simply based on your (faction's) elo, the opposing faction's elo and the winrate of your faction.

And Witch/Exe/Jester are all considered separate factions for this purpose, correct?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Brilliand wrote:

And Witch/Exe/Jester are all considered separate factions for this purpose, correct?

Yes. And both Exe and Jester have no opposing faction.

And witch's only opposing facion is town.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Now I'm confused about how I managed to get significantly different amounts of elo from different Executioner wins
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby cob709 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 pm

The winrate of the players in the faction, or the faction itself?
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Kelisidina » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 am

I don't think that's what's being used for jester.

Everytime I've played as exe turned jest and win, I win at least 15 elo [before masters]. A common practice of mine is to check out my opponents' elo, winloss rate, etc. No matter how low their winrate/elo is, or I'm playing with Top 10 players, I always got 15+ before masters, and 9+ for masters.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:23 am

Kelisidina wrote:

I don't think that's what's being used for jester.

Everytime I've played as exe turned jest and win, I win at least 15 elo [before masters]. A common practice of mine is to check out my opponents' elo, winloss rate, etc. No matter how low their winrate/elo is, or I'm playing with Top 10 players, I always got 15+ before masters, and 9+ for masters.

It's other players winrates that matter. It's the jester winrate.
And since jester has no opposing factions, the other players' elo also don't matter. So if your elo stays reasonably consistent, and the winrate of the role stays reasonably consistent, you will also get reasonably consistent elo from winning with said role.

And the reason it's more for a jester than for an Exe, I can only imagine it is because in Ranked, Jester doesn't spawn, only Exe does, so Exe obviously has a higher winrate and thus a lower payout.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:47 pm

Flavorable wrote:And the reason it's more for a jester than for an Exe, I can only imagine it is because in Ranked, Jester doesn't spawn, only Exe does, so Exe obviously has a higher winrate and thus a lower payout.

Jester being less likely to exist in the game wouldn't matter; that reduces both the number of wins and the number of losses, and in theory it should cancel out.

The fact that Jester and Executioner always start the game as the same role ("Executioner with ability to become Jester") in the current Ranked rolelist is a good reason to merge them for ELO purposes, though.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Suggestions