Bodyguard (Rework)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Bodyguard (Rework)

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:13 am

Role:
Bodyguard

Alignment:
Town (Protective)

Changes:
- Has an Astral visit. This means they will bypass Lookout and rampage attacks, but not jailing and transports

Additional Notes:
Now that Lookouts can't see Bodyguards visit, so evils can claim Bodyguard without the fear of a Lookout confirming all the other Bodyguards. This, in turn, hinders Jailor meta, which is always a nice addition. This also means if multiple Bodyguards are guarding a player attacked by a Werewolf, only one will die. This improves Bodyguard's effectiveness, but also makes it easier for evil Bodyguard claims to be more credible, since they are able to live nonetheless. This also doesn't nerf Werewolf, since the Werewolf would probably be dead. This also let's Bodyguards not die when they visit a Veteran, which doesn't change much. Also doesn't let all the Bodyguards just straight up die when Jailor let's the Werewolf out of jail, but that doesn't change much, since it is a rare occurrence.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Bodyguard (Rework)

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:31 am

this will buff BG a lot, now docs are confirmed easier, and BG doesnt dies to crus, doesnt spreds plague, I like the idea though
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:02 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:this will buff BG a lot, now docs are confirmed easier, and BG doesnt dies to crus, doesnt spreds plague, I like the idea though

This rework is catered to classic ranked, although I do see how Bodyguard will be much more effective in Coven.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:10 am

I want to revive this since it hasn't gotten much feedback yet.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby superdog551 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:13 pm

I like the idea, GF could finally claim BG without it being instant death
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby deadlyblack » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Changes:
- Has an Astral visit. This means they will bypass Lookout and rampage attacks, but not jailing and transports

I like this change, however it doesn't really make sense lore wise.
Master document of all my role ideas and suggestions: Here
deadlyblack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:32 pm

deadlyblack wrote:Changes:

I like this change, however it doesn't really make sense lore wise.

Remember that balance over lore
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Brilliand » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:05 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Remember that balance over lore

That doesn't mean "ignore lore entirely".

----

Giving roles Astral strikes me as something that should be done very sparingly, because it gives immunity to so many different things. I don't see enough of an upside here to be worth the cost in Lookout/Veteran/Medusa/etc. not working right.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:12 am

I like how this buff is actually a nerf because of jailor meta
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:24 am

Soulshade55r wrote:I like how this buff is actually a nerf because of jailor meta

Not being autoconfirmable is less than being veteran, ambusher, medusa, PB, ww and arso inmune
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:08 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:I like how this buff is actually a nerf because of jailor meta

Not being autoconfirmable is less than being veteran, ambusher, medusa, PB, ww and arso inmune

That's arguable. Maybe for the role itself, it is a buff, but it is an overall nerf for Town. Plus, Bodyguard is trash compared to Doctor in coven, since they can't heal poison, protect someone from visiting Medusa, or protect from Hex Master's astral attack. All in all, I think it is fair to make Bodyguard rampage immune, because they can't protect from it, unlike Doctor.

In the classic version, it barely buffs it at all. Firstly, Bodyguards barely visit Veterans in the first place, and visiting one isn't necessarily very bad, as you confirm the Veteran, while yourself is very hard to confirm, so this lowers confirmability. Secondly, although it will avoid Ambusher, the Ambusher would kill someone else that visits the target, as you aren't usually the only one to visit an Ambushers target. The second visitor will definitely be more confirmable than you (like a Doctor or Lookout), and will put you in a bad position. Avoiding a Werewolf rampage does absolutely nothing, since you die trying to protect your target regardless. However, it does mean extra Bodyguards will survive the attack, meaning other Bodyguard claims will "survive" too. Arsonist immune, okay. I mean, sure? Arsonist failed to stop tp/lo meta, but I guess it is still a buff.

All in all, it is a rework, and it's arguable if it is more of a buff or nerf.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Role Ideas