Patch 3.3.1d Updated Ranked Rolelistx3

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Patch 3.3.1d Updated Ranked Rolelistx3

Postby WarlockedHolmes » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:23 pm

I am EXTREMELY disappointed that NK and NE were BOTH taken out. Not only do set roles make it harder for witch/exe to win but the game is incredibly less interesting. As I have stated before, I am disappointed and shocked that NK was taken out, particularly after the NK roles were just buffed. Ranked is just not as fun to play anymore.

In the last Ranked game I played, the ENTIRE mafia left day 1. It it not fun being an evil role with these role lists you've proposed.

Since you seem hell-bent on taking out the NK slot, here is a suggestion for the new role list (TLDR: replace NK and NE slots with Any role slots, that way we have the chance to play NK, NE, and NB roles):

Jailor
Town Investigative
Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Godfather
Mafioso
Random Mafia
Random Mafia
Any
Any
WarlockedHolmes
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby OldGoldie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:28 pm

Really disappoints me that the NK is gone. They're fun to play, regardless of how balanced/unbalanced. It's gonna suck not being able to play them in a balanced and populated role list ever again.
OldGoldie
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:11 pm

WarlockedHolmes wrote:I am EXTREMELY disappointed that NK and NE were BOTH taken out. Not only do set roles make it harder for witch/exe to win but the game is incredibly less interesting. As I have stated before, I am disappointed and shocked that NK was taken out, particularly after the NK roles were just buffed. Ranked is just not as fun to play anymore.

In the last Ranked game I played, the ENTIRE mafia left day 1. It it not fun being an evil role with these role lists you've proposed.

Since you seem hell-bent on taking out the NK slot, here is a suggestion for the new role list (TLDR: replace NK and NE slots with Any role slots, that way we have the chance to play NK, NE, and NB roles):

Jailor
Town Investigative
Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Godfather
Mafioso
Random Mafia
Random Mafia
Any
Any

no any they cause vamps
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:16 pm

OldGoldie wrote:Really disappoints me that the NK is gone. They're fun to play, regardless of how balanced/unbalanced. It's gonna suck not being able to play them in a balanced and populated role list ever again.

The (fairly obvious) solution to this isn't "make Ranked more unbalanced" it's "add/fix other modes"

like c'mon
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:17 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:
OldGoldie wrote:Really disappoints me that the NK is gone. They're fun to play, regardless of how balanced/unbalanced. It's gonna suck not being able to play them in a balanced and populated role list ever again.

The (fairly obvious) solution to this isn't "make Ranked more unbalanced" it's "add/fix other modes"

like c'mon

Yeah in general a lot of modes need role lists redesign but idk.

Neutral benign and neutral killing deserve a better home then all any but shouldn't be in ranked.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby LewisFaisal » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:20 pm

WarlockedHolmes wrote:I am EXTREMELY disappointed that NK and NE were BOTH taken out. Not only do set roles make it harder for witch/exe to win but the game is incredibly less interesting. As I have stated before, I am disappointed and shocked that NK was taken out, particularly after the NK roles were just buffed. Ranked is just not as fun to play anymore.

Jailor
Town Investigative
Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Godfather
Mafioso
Random Mafia
Random Mafia
Any
Any

yea thats real fun for a competitive playing field tell me more
11 town sounds like a breeze for mafia
LewisFaisal
Witch
Witch

Postby g0nz0o0o0 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:08 am

what yall should really do for the upcoming ranked season is making it so everyone gets random names and remove d1 chat. partly helps the issue of regulars who are townies just end up leading the entire lobby, rendering evils useless. also 5 maf list was better imo. maf gets obliterated with this list. 5 maf causes a bit more chaos.
g0nz0o0o0

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Eh

I'd rather see D1 chat get longer than shorter
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:47 am

g0nz0o0o0 wrote:what yall should really do for the upcoming ranked season is making it so everyone gets random names and remove d1 chat. partly helps the issue of regulars who are townies just end up leading the entire lobby, rendering evils useless. also 5 maf list was better imo. maf gets obliterated with this list. 5 maf causes a bit more chaos.

Then night actions become completely random

I like talking day 1 as evil because it gets me checked less

Jailor meta would just be day 2 depending on if he survived n1 and it doesn't allow him to jail n1 which shouldn't be bad in concept but I think theirs better ways of making jailor meta weak.

My main Issue with Jailor meta is generally Tps get easily confirmed and even with the Disguiser changes its not like Disguiser knows who tp is especially n1
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Previous

Return to Announcements