Role Idea: Witch Hunter (Neutral Chaos)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Role Idea: Witch Hunter (Neutral Chaos)

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Name: Witch Hunter

Unique: No

Alignment: Neutral Chaos

Attack: Powerful

Defense: None

Abilities:
Choose to check a player at night, or plan to kill.
When you check a target, you will know if they practice witchcraft or not.
When you check your target and they practice witchcraft, they will be alerted that you found them.
When you plan to kill, you will attack the target the next night.

Attributes:
If you kill a target who does not practice magic, you will become a survivor with no vests.

Goal: Rid the town of witches at all costs.

List of role that practice witchcraft and are required to kill:
Medium, Psychic, Retributionist, Witch (If not in the Coven Expansion), all Coven roles that do not have the Necronomicon, and Plague bearer.

To you when someone you check practices witch craft: Your target practices witchcraft and must be eliminated!
To your target when you found out they practice witchcraft: Someone found out you use magic. Your are being hunted by the Witch Hunter!
To you when you successfully kill your target: You successfully killed a witch!
To you when you kill the wrong target: You have killed someone who does not practice witchcraft. Your became a Survivor with no vests!
To the target when you kill them: You were stabbed by the Witch Hunter!
To you when every witch has been eliminated: The town has been rid of witchcraft!

You win with:
The Town (Without magic users left)
The Survivors
The Amnesiacs
The Guardian Angels
The Jesters
The Executioners
The Mafia
The Coven (If the last one alive has the Necronomicon)
The Serial Killers
The Werewolf
The Arsonists
The Juggernaut
The Vampires
The Pirate
The Witch Hunters
The Pestilence

You must kill:
The Plague Bearer

Extra notes: If the game would normally end, but there is a Witch Hunter with magic users left, this will drag on the game until either every magic user is dead, or the Witch Hunter is dead. There can only be up to 3 Witch Hunters in a single game.
Last edited by DiamondRanger8 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Role Idea: Witch Hunter (Neutral Chaos)

Postby RainaXA » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 pm

VH, but you can't read chat and there's a delay, and it doesn't side with Town specifically. What exactly would this do?
PM me anything you'd like me to put in my signature, and I'll do it!
RainaXA
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheUltimateCake » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 am

Don't think this should have to hunt PB/Pest. PB/Pest is basically just an NK, and having this in the game would just make it harder for it to win when it really doesn't need a nerf. Also, while the whole hunting Coven makes sense, it isn't really fair to have a non-town just hunt you for the whole game. Also this shouldn't turn into survivor after failing a kill, and should instead not be able to attack for the rest of the game, making it still possible for them to win while punishing them for attacking the wrong person. Reminds me of old Inquisitor in Throne of Lies, but I don't think this will work as it mostly helps Town.
TheUltimateCake
Survivor
Survivor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:59 pm

TheUltimateCake wrote:Don't think this should have to hunt PB/Pest. PB/Pest is basically just an NK, and having this in the game would just make it harder for it to win when it really doesn't need a nerf. Also, while the whole hunting Coven makes sense, it isn't really fair to have a non-town just hunt you for the whole game. Also this shouldn't turn into survivor after failing a kill, and should instead not be able to attack for the rest of the game, making it still possible for them to win while punishing them for attacking the wrong person. Reminds me of old Inquisitor in Throne of Lies, but I don't think this will work as it mostly helps Town.

I was thinking about only hunting the PB, but then I changed it to pest, which probably wasn't the best choice. Maybe I'll make it so amnesiac remembering after all of them die doesn't matter, as that's how VH works currently. Do you have any suggestion on how I would punish the player for killing the wrong person?
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:02 pm

RainaXA wrote:VH, but you can't read chat and there's a delay, and it doesn't side with Town specifically. What exactly would this do?

Well it's not really VH tbh. The only similarity is the name and that you have to hunt down set roles. VH doesn't even need to worry about killing the wrong person, as they instantly attack a vampire when they visit them. This role actually needs to have some strategy to it, with who it attacks and when. VH doesn't have an investigative ability either, since it doesn't need it.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Role Ideas