Custom lobbies

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Should BMG implement this?

Yes, this would make custom a lot better.
24
77%
No, custom is fine as it is (justify).
5
16%
No, there is a better way of improving custom (explain).
2
6%
 
Total votes : 31

Custom lobbies

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:55 pm

I had posted this suggestions in several replies, but I'm not sure if I made a topic about it yet. Someone in this thread suggested me to post it, so I will quote myself.
Joacgroso wrote:My suggestion is that players should be able to create custom lobbies. They could be private or public. If they are private, no one would be able to join them except the party that created it. Creating a private lobby would be free, but in order to create a public lobby you would need a "lobby key". Lobby keys would cost some MP (you could also gain a free one after 10 custom games).
Instead of joining a random lobby, if someone decided to play custom, a list of all the public lobbies would be displayed, showing the rolelists and the amount of players there. Then the player could choose a lobby to join. But in order to create one and become the host, he would have to use a key. If there are less than 3 public lobbies, creating one would be free. Also, repicking the host should be impossible and no one should be able to join a lobby once they left it twice. That's my suggestion, what do you think?
Last edited by Joacgroso on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:24 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:I personally think the custom lobbies are fine for the most part. I mean, yeah the people who want to make the STUPIDLY EASY games with 1 mayor, 1 Maf and the rest Vamps are dumb, and some people get annoying by constantly troll repicking but I see nothing really wrong with it.

I also don't like the idea of people paying merit points to make a public custom game. It's been free until this point, why make it cost points now?

Also, there will be trolls /repicking and leaving and rejoining in all modes. It's just how people are.

Joining a lobby would be free. Creating a lobby (which means becoming the host) should cost MP. If becoming the host were free, most players would create their rolelists instead of joining lobbies, and filling a lobby would be too hard. Also, if there were less than 3 lobbies, creating one would be free, so there would always be enough public lobbies to choose. About your last sentence, this would fix all these problems, so it would certainly improve custom. And if this were implemented, you would be able to choose the rolelist you want without facing that terrible rolelists. So this would certainly improve custom, at least in my opinion, and it would make lobby-stalling even more difficult, since now players would be able to choose their lobby.
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Purple998 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:56 pm

I think you shouldn't get points/achievements on custom.
Who needs a "GF", when you have your own hands? -Mafioso




If you read this yu gai xd
User avatar
Purple998
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Shilster » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 am

Purple998 wrote:I think you shouldn't get points/achievements on custom.


Yes, because MP farming am I right
-




It matters not who you are, Death awaits you.

-
User avatar
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:59 pm
Location: (GMT+7)

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Shilster wrote:
Purple998 wrote:I think you shouldn't get points/achievements on custom.


Yes, because MP farming am I right

If this suggestion were applied, players could be able to report a lobby for having a bad list (either because everyone loses or because everyone wins). But I'm not sure. The players who like playing balanced games (or even not so balanced) also deserve the MP. Maybe there should be some kind of restriction, like a minimal amount of losers in order to gain MP.
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Purple998 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
Shilster wrote:
Purple998 wrote:I think you shouldn't get points/achievements on custom.


Yes, because MP farming am I right

If this suggestion were applied, players could be able to report a lobby for having a bad list (either because everyone loses or because everyone wins). But I'm not sure. The players who like playing balanced games (or even not so balanced) also deserve the MP. Maybe there should be some kind of restriction, like a minimal amount of losers in order to gain MP.


No, people usually plays custom for fun, or because they want to try a rolelist.

Bmg should add some types of pre-set role lists, for example, "The 1.5 ranked rolelist" or "Vamps. vs town." or even events like "The hospital! (Doctors,vet,jailor,mafia,amnes)"

If it is an "event" and you win it, you should get a price... like "2 doctor scrolls"
Who needs a "GF", when you have your own hands? -Mafioso




If you read this yu gai xd
User avatar
Purple998
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Purple998 wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
Shilster wrote:
Purple998 wrote:I think you shouldn't get points/achievements on custom.


Yes, because MP farming am I right

If this suggestion were applied, players could be able to report a lobby for having a bad list (either because everyone loses or because everyone wins). But I'm not sure. The players who like playing balanced games (or even not so balanced) also deserve the MP. Maybe there should be some kind of restriction, like a minimal amount of losers in order to gain MP.


No, people usually plays custom for fun, or because they want to try a rolelist.

Bmg should add some types of pre-set role lists, for example, "The 1.5 ranked rolelist" or "Vamps. vs town." or even events like "The hospital! (Doctors,vet,jailor,mafia,amnes)"

If it is an "event" and you win it, you should get a price... like "2 doctor scrolls"

May I remind you that this is a game and everyone plays it for fun? Players who like custom don't deserve to be punished because of that. It would be better if the were a restriction: "In order to gain MP for a game, at least 4 players have to lose it".
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Purple998 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
Purple998 wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
Shilster wrote:
Purple998 wrote:I think you shouldn't get points/achievements on custom.


Yes, because MP farming am I right

If this suggestion were applied, players could be able to report a lobby for having a bad list (either because everyone loses or because everyone wins). But I'm not sure. The players who like playing balanced games (or even not so balanced) also deserve the MP. Maybe there should be some kind of restriction, like a minimal amount of losers in order to gain MP.


No, people usually plays custom for fun, or because they want to try a rolelist.

Bmg should add some types of pre-set role lists, for example, "The 1.5 ranked rolelist" or "Vamps. vs town." or even events like "The hospital! (Doctors,vet,jailor,mafia,amnes)"

If it is an "event" and you win it, you should get a price... like "2 doctor scrolls"

May I remind you that this is a game and everyone plays it for fun? Players who like custom don't deserve to be punished because of that. It would be better if the were a restriction: "In order to gain MP for a game, at least 4 players have to lose it".



Well, I consider custom an "Unblocked" version of the game, it shouldn't have any effects on the actual game.

And the "4 people rule" wouldn't work, the rolelist would have to be balanced and there is not way for the game to know if it is or it is not.

Also, what do you think about that another idea :D? if you like it you could make a thread about it (Im not good at posting threads)
Who needs a "GF", when you have your own hands? -Mafioso




If you read this yu gai xd
User avatar
Purple998
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Purple998 wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
Purple998 wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
Shilster wrote:
Purple998 wrote:I think you shouldn't get points/achievements on custom.


Yes, because MP farming am I right

If this suggestion were applied, players could be able to report a lobby for having a bad list (either because everyone loses or because everyone wins). But I'm not sure. The players who like playing balanced games (or even not so balanced) also deserve the MP. Maybe there should be some kind of restriction, like a minimal amount of losers in order to gain MP.


No, people usually plays custom for fun, or because they want to try a rolelist.

Bmg should add some types of pre-set role lists, for example, "The 1.5 ranked rolelist" or "Vamps. vs town." or even events like "The hospital! (Doctors,vet,jailor,mafia,amnes)"

If it is an "event" and you win it, you should get a price... like "2 doctor scrolls"

May I remind you that this is a game and everyone plays it for fun? Players who like custom don't deserve to be punished because of that. It would be better if the were a restriction: "In order to gain MP for a game, at least 4 players have to lose it".



Well, I consider custom an "Unblocked" version of the game, it shouldn't have any effects on the actual game.

And the "4 people rule" wouldn't work, the rolelist would have to be balanced and there is not way for the game to know if it is or it is not.

Also, what do you think about that another idea :D? if you like it you could make a thread about it (Im not good at posting threads)

Custom isn't meant to be balanced. It's meant to be funny. As long as 4 players lose, money-farming won't be very effective (although I don't get why would someone want to farm MP). If you think it's too few, the minimum could be raised to 5. With the lobby sistem, players would avoid this kind of rolelists. Also, there should be a "bad list" detector, that would be triggered, for example, with lists like "6 jesters 6 amnes 6 exes", "4 escorts 11 sk", etc.
Also, I shouldn't steal your idea. If you want it to be implemented, just post it. You don't have to be "good" to do it. Just say why you think it should be implemented and players will give you feedback :)
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:58 pm

This would be a good addition to the game IMO. It might actually bring custom back to life. I also think they should:

Let you add things from special modes like VIP, TT, or Lovers (I didn't come up with this idea I can't remember who it was though)

Allow the host to give someone else host for free, since repicking will be gone

Add juggernaut to custom

Allow adding more than one unique role to custom matches (This could allow to make arsonist unique without messing up custom modes with more than one arsonist)

Add the ability to start with 15 roles, with less people, and just let the list delete random roles
Last edited by DiamondRanger8 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey BMG, when's your next DLC announcement??
Also no I am not going to get a PFP because... (JK I'm gonna change my PFP every time I get a new role, if I can find a good picture for it that is)


My best role ideas:

The Possessor

Arms Dealer

The Reaper

Witch Hunter

The Infiltrator
DiamondRanger8
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Re: Custom lobbies

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:59 pm

In my opinion the most important change are private lobbies so I can finally play with my friends.
But regarding your suggestion, I think a good idea would be allowing players to blacklist roles, or to limit them. This would allow players to use TK slots without risking a jailor spawning, or to limit mafia to 2 members so a game with 7 players can't start with 4 mafia. Thanks for the support!
Sorry if I have spelling mistakes. English is not my main language.
I added a petition to my achievement rework!
Plese come and vote to support it!
If you have any suggestions related to achievements, please post them on my thread so we can suggest them together!
Also, support my suggestion about private lobbies!It would definitely increase the playerbase.
User avatar
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Argentina


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests