Role Idea: The Savage (Neutral Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Could you imagine this being a real role in Town of Salem?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:45 pm

Yes for sure!
No votes
Maybe with some tweaks.
No votes
Doesn't really fit mechanically or otherwise.
100%

Total votes : 1

Role Idea: The Savage (Neutral Killing)

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:45 pm

Name: Savage

Unique: Yes (Might change to no)

Alignment: Neutral Killing

Attack: Basic to Unstoppable
Defense: Basic to Invincible

Attributes:
Choose each night to attack a target
Each night you wait, you will grow more powerful for when you decide to attack

Abilities:
First night you wait you will have basic defense and a basic attack.
Second night you gain basic defense and a powerful attack, and gain the power to attack every day.
Third night you will attack visitors, and will gain astral visits.
Fourth night you will gain role block immunity, an unstoppable attack, rampage, powerful defense, and you are now required to kill survivors and amnesiacs to win.
Fifth night you will gain invisible defense, you will permanently gain every buff, and after this, no one will win if you win. (Once this happens maybe the town will get some sort of message like, "The Savage has reached full power")
Once you attack, the bonuses reset and you go back to having no defense (Until after the forth night)

Goal: Slaughter everyone in the town

Extra notes: You can win with the roles every role wins with normally up to tier 4, when you can no longer win with amnesiacs, survivors, or other savages. Once you get to tier 5, no role aside from yourself will win if you are the last one standing. Guardian angels also can't get you as a target, so there is no way to win with them after tier 4.

You win with:
Savages (You don't win with other savages, survivors, or amnesiacs once you make it to tier 4)
The pirate (Pirates, exes, and jesters will no longer win with you once you get to tier 5)
The Executioners
The Jesters
The Survivors
The Amnesiacs

You must kill:
The Town
The Survivors
The Amnesiacs
The Guardian Angels
The Jesters
The Executioners
The Mafia
The Coven
The Serial Killers
The Werewolf
The Arsonists
The Juggernaut
Other Savage(s)
The Vampires
The pirate
The Plague bearer
The Pestilence

Sheriff results: Your target is not suspicious! (Until after night 2, then becomes suspicious)

Investigator results: Your target could be Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist, Crusader, or Savage!

Consigliere results: Your target is a ruthless killer. They must be a Savage!

Achievements:

Killing Spree: Win a game as a Savage.

Rampage: Win 5 games as the Savage.

Slaughter: Win 10 games as the Savage.

Annihilation: Win 25 games as the Savage.

No chance. Kill a serial killer as the Savage with every power up.

Double Slaughter: Attack a Juggernaut, or have one attack you, once you are both fully powered up.

The best killer in town: Kill the Serial Killer, Werewolf, and Arsonist in the same game.

I was saving that: Kill 3 people when your powered up to level 3 while staying home.

Fight Club: Be in a game where a fully powered juggernaut, fully powered Savage, and Pestilence all attack each other in the same night.

Lore: His parents were killed. Obliterated more like. His brother, the Juggernaut, went insane, ripping his parents apart. Now, the Savage is no longer a child. He's almost had these same violence spikes, but he never went through with killing anyone, but he will. Every day, he's been waiting, his adrenaline level and rage building up more and more every day he waits, growing more powerful, and maybe, he'll reach a god like level of power, or maybe he'll destroy everyone in the town before he reaches that level.

This role of course took some heavy inspirations from the Juggernaut of course, but I feel like there are enough differences, along with strengths and weaknesses, that makes it so it isn't just a weaker of more powerful juggernaut, or even a more powerful serial killer.
Last edited by DiamondRanger8 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:38 am, edited 21 times in total.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Role Idea: The Savage

Postby RiceHatMan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:02 am

Kind of under-powered... you cannot even side with Witches and Executioners if they are alive. Look, a basic attack every night is far better than having an Unstoppable-rampage nonsense every three nights. That's just how it works. I can elaborate later if you want me to. In my opinion, the stats should not reset after each kill, and so you don't have to wait another 3 nights to get a Werewolf rampage.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:33 pm

Harryyoshi wrote:Kind of under-powered... you cannot even side with Witches and Executioners if they are alive. Look, a basic attack every night is far better than having an Unstoppable-rampage nonsense every three nights. That's just how it works. I can elaborate later if you want me to. In my opinion, the stats should not reset after each kill, and so you don't have to wait another 3 nights to get a Werewolf rampage.

Alright so changed it so you start with the basic attack, but no defense, to try and stop this from just being a better SK, but I may change it to start with a basic attack and defense on the first night, and just have to deal with it being directly better than serial killer.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:44 pm

DiamondRanger8 wrote:Alright so changed it so you start with the basic attack, but no defense, to try and stop this from just being a better SK, but I may change it to start with a basic attack and defense on the first night, and just have to deal with it being directly better than serial killer.

Just my suggestion, you can give this role permanent buffs, similar to Juggernaut, the difference being you have to wait instead of killing. Just a suggestion, though, and if you don't think it fits the role you don't need to add it.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:19 pm

Harryyoshi wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:Alright so changed it so you start with the basic attack, but no defense, to try and stop this from just being a better SK, but I may change it to start with a basic attack and defense on the first night, and just have to deal with it being directly better than serial killer.

Just my suggestion, you can give this role permanent buffs, similar to Juggernaut, the difference being you have to wait instead of killing. Just a suggestion, though, and if you don't think it fits the role you don't need to add it.

Yeah It's NP, I appreciate the suggestions, I don't want to come of as annoyed or something for these suggestions. That could be a good idea to make it a sort of more powerful juggernaut, but you can't kill for a while, and you only power up by waiting for a while, Maybe the buffs would reset if you killed, but once you get fully powered up, it could stay permanently?
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Role Idea: The Savage (Neutral Killing)

Postby cob709 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:19 pm

This should be aligned with Neutral Chaos, because it's an SK that gains abilities for being passive.

Also, win conditions need to be fixed. Witch, Survivor, GAs, jesters, executioners, can all win with or without NKs.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 am

cob709 wrote:This should be aligned with Neutral Chaos, because it's an SK that gains abilities for being passive.

Also, win conditions need to be fixed. Witch, Survivor, GAs, jesters, executioners, can all win with or without NKs.

Well the thing is that survivors and such will not win with the Savage alive, which means it's really only the true threat the survivor will face. Of course you can't really stop the exe, jester, an pirate from winning, so I'll change that. I'll just change it so it's required for each of them to be dead. The reason I chose neutral killing, as well, is because it's goal is to be the last one standing, like most neutral killings, and it directly attacks players.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RainaXA » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:10 pm

I like the idea of waiting to kill to gain abilities, but it's very underpowered.

First, I think NC rather than NK.
Second, why do other roles being alive affect if this role wins or not?? huh?
Third, I don't think there should be a reset. At least, to that extent. If you want a full kill, you have to wait until n5, kill, then wait 4 more nights. By that point, the game is over.

why do survivors not win if this is alive though
that makes no sense at all

Even with SK alive, survivors win too. The SK is literally a murderous psychopath, yet survivors still win with SK. Yet for some reason, survivors don't win with this role.
PM me anything you'd like me to put in my signature, and I'll do it!
RainaXA
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 pm

RainaXA wrote:I like the idea of waiting to kill to gain abilities, but it's very underpowered.

First, I think NC rather than NK.
Second, why do other roles being alive affect if this role wins or not?? huh?
Third, I don't think there should be a reset. At least, to that extent. If you want a full kill, you have to wait until n5, kill, then wait 4 more nights. By that point, the game is over.

why do survivors not win if this is alive though
that makes no sense at all

Even with SK alive, survivors win too. The SK is literally a murderous psychopath, yet survivors still win with SK. Yet for some reason, survivors don't win with this role.

The thing I want to try and do is make a powerful reverse juggernaut role, that every role will team up against. Even with pestilence, survivors don't have much of a reason to fear them. With this, even the survivors are forced to be scared of the Savage, and every one have to focus on killing them. I'll probably buff it some more, and make it so the tradeoff of needing to kill survivors is worth it. Maybe I'll make it so every role aside from jester will lose with it alive, so the pirate or exe or something won't just brush it off like "Well I still win anyways."
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Alright so I made a few changes. I added a tier 5, which give the Savage invincible defense, and they will gain every buff permanently. At tier 4, you will now gain powerful defense. Now, however, Savages can win with survivors, jester, executioners etc. up to tier 3, but after tier 4, you can no longer win with survivors, amnesiacs, and other savages. After tier 5, jesters, exes, pirates etc., will no longer win with you if you are the last one standing. A couple people said it should be neutral chaos, but in my eyes, it makes sense for this to be a Neutral Killing over neutral chaos, because unlike Pestilence, you can kill the night you spawn in, you'll just be much weaker compared to if you wait.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Role Ideas