Role Idea: Arms Dealer (Town Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Role Idea: Arms Dealer (Town Killing)

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:28 am

Name: Arms Dealer

Unique: Yes

Alignment: Town Killing

Attack: Basic
Defense: None

Attributes:
Choose on an normal nights if you want to shoot anyone.
Choose on an full moon nights to give your target a gun.
When you give your target the gun, they get a basic attack that can only be used once.
The starting the next night, the target can choose if they want to use the usual ability of the role, or to shoot someone.
If you give a gun to the vigilante, it will give them one more bullet, and they can't shoot twice in one night.
If you give a gun to a non-visiting role, it will give them an ability similar to the crusader, and it will give them a basic attack to a random target who visits them that night, as well as give them basic defense. They can use this at any time.

Abilities:
If you shoot a town member, you will not be allowed to shoot or give away any guns.
If the person you give the gun to shoots a town member, the same thing will happen.
Your can only give away 4 guns and can only shoot 1 time.
You can only give 1 gun to each person.

Goal: Lynch every criminal and evildoer

You win with:
The Town
The Survivors
The Amnesiacs
The Guardian Angels
The Jesters
The Executioners
The pirate

You must kill:
The Mafia
The Coven
The Serial Killers
The Werewolf
The Arsonists
The Juggernaut
The Vampires
The Plague bearer
The Pestilence

Sheriff result: Your target in not suspicious!

Investigator result: Your target could be Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist, Crusader, or Arms Dealer

Consigliere results: Your target sells weapons to the people he trusts most. They must be an Arms Dealer!

Achievements:

Merchant: Win 1 game as the Arms Dealer

Trusted Killer: Win 5 games as the Arms Dealer

Self Defense: Win 10 games as the Arms Dealer

Deadly Salesman: Win 25 games as the Arms Dealer.

ID Please: Have all 4 of your guns used to shoot a non town member.

Fire with Fire: Get shot by a gun you gave away.

Another dealer in town: Get given a gun.

Gullible: Give a gun to a member of the mafia.

Thank you, goodbye: Give a gun to the pestilence, then get killed by them.

Lore: At night, the Arms Dealer got a knock on the door. It was the vigilante. "One revolver please, doesn't matter which." The Arms Dealer plopped down a small revolver on the table. "$30" The Arms Dealer said through his mask. The following morning, everyone woke to find the sheriff dead in front of his house. He was killed by the mafia, but not by the usual medium sized bullet the mafia use, but a much smaller one. This man was shot by a revolver. The one who bought the gun was not a vigilante at all, or even a mafioso. This man was killed by a framer, with nothing but false evidence and $30 to his name.

If you guys have any suggestion I would like to hear them :D
Last edited by DiamondRanger8 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Role Idea: Arms Dealer

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:59 am

Don’t think it’s possible in the games coding for a role to have 3 abilities.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:55 am

Ability giver is a new thing, and I think there will be a lot of problems. Plus, this is just a circumstantial-buffed Vigilante. I don't really like circumstantial, especially when it is direct, like only able to using one ability on even nights and being a Vigilante on odd nights.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Harryyoshi wrote:Ability giver is a new thing, and I think there will be a lot of problems. Plus, this is just a circumstantial-buffed Vigilante. I don't really like circumstantial, especially when it is direct, like only able to using one ability on even nights and being a Vigilante on odd nights.

Well the thing is with this role, you have to try and figure out who's good and who isn't to decide who to give the gun to, while only having one bullet to use yourself, and if a townie is shot directly by you or the person you gave the gun to, you can't use any abilities anymore. This would add more strategy to the role, and would punish randomly giving out the attacks. With the coding issues, I could understand not adding it to the base game. Maybe this role could be possible in a Town of Salem 2 type of thing rather than a new DLC.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:55 pm

DiamondRanger8 wrote:Well the thing is with this role, you have to try and figure out who's good and who isn't to decide who to give the gun to, while only having one bullet to use yourself, and if a townie is shot directly by you or the person you gave the gun to, you can't use any abilities anymore. This would add more strategy to the role, and would punish randomly giving out the attacks. With the coding issues, I could understand not adding it to the base game. Maybe this role could be possible in a Town of Salem 2 type of thing rather than a new DLC.

I see. The thing is, it still is a bit mechanically broken. This is because a person can visit two times without the visits being interchangeable. For example, what would happen if a Bodyguard attacked the same person they protected? Would they kill themselves twice?
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:46 pm

I see. The thing is, it still is a bit mechanically broken. This is because a person can visit two times without the visits being interchangeable. For example, what would happen if a Bodyguard attacked the same person they protected? Would they kill themselves twice?[/quote]

This does make sense mechanically. I'm not sure how they would get around this type of stuff, but if they were able to get around this in some way, that would be nice. Not sure what BMG would change about it though to make it possible.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby RiceHatMan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:56 pm

DiamondRanger8 wrote:This does make sense mechanically. I'm not sure how they would get around this type of stuff, but if they were able to get around this in some way, that would be nice. Not sure what BMG would change about it though to make it possible.

When I, or anyone really, says something isn't mechanically sound, it means it doesn't fit the mechanics of the game, not if the changes to make it not mechanically broken are able to be made. Of course it sounds mechanically sound, but what will happen in the actual game? This is your role, you get to choose the interactions.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:10 pm

Harryyoshi wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:This does make sense mechanically. I'm not sure how they would get around this type of stuff, but if they were able to get around this in some way, that would be nice. Not sure what BMG would change about it though to make it possible.

When I, or anyone really, says something isn't mechanically sound, it means it doesn't fit the mechanics of the game, not if the changes to make it not mechanically broken are able to be made. Of course it sounds mechanically sound, but what will happen in the actual game? This is your role, you get to choose the interactions.

Hmm I think your right. I'll try and think of a change to make it fit mechanically.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Ok so I decided to change the role a bit to try and avoid the mechanical issues, and remove the possible 3 abilities in one night. I changed it when you give someone a gun, they can choose to not shoot, and instead use the usual abilities of the night, but they can also choose to use the shot at any time. I also changed it so all non-visiting roles can choose to use that crusader like ability instead of the normal gun, so a psychic for example wouldn't confuse a lookout on someone.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Role Ideas