Town points prizes only for Coven Ranked

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Town points prizes only for Coven Ranked

Postby Mmmmbuti » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:11 am

The coven expansion is fun, but its ranked mode (and ranked practice) are impossible to play because of lack of players. So I suggest to give a small amount of town points as prize for each win in coven ranked mode. This should provide enough incentive for people to play Coven non-chaos modes.
Mmmmbuti
Witch
Witch

Re: Town points prizes only for Coven Ranked

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 am

no.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:46 am

The thing is that players are supposed to pay to play, not the other way around.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Mmmmbuti » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:03 am

Joacgroso wrote:The thing is that players are supposed to pay to play, not the other way around.

Lol, town points are not money. They used to be the reward for all wins a couple of years ago, before merit points were created. And also, to play Coven you need to buy the expansion with real money, so it makes sense you get better rewards if you play the expansion seriously.
Mmmmbuti
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am

I know TPs used to be the premium currency, but now they can only be obtained by paying (or in the Cauldron, but that's very rare and only gives you useless amounts). Giving players something that costs money is like giving them money. It would reduce TP purchases.
The reward for paying to play the coven is playing the coven.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Mmmmbuti » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 am

Joacgroso wrote:Giving players something that costs money is like giving them money.

LOL Except it's not. Can you buy bread and milk with town points? No? Then it's not money.
I can see that you are against just for the sake of being against, like 90% of the people who comment here.
Mmmmbuti
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 am

By giving them something that costs money they can buy things that cost money without having to pay actual money.
But what's the point of suggesting this if you are going to call everyone who disagrees with you biased?

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Poryg » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 am

The problem is not the lack of incentive, but the lack of playerbase.
Through weekdays I see a couple thousand players in the morning and no more than 23 thousand players during evenings. The amount of games currently being played however is the same iin both cases.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby Mmmmbuti » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 am

Exactly, this proposal is meant to create a community of dedicated coven ranked players. If the rewards are very low (no more than 5 town points for each win) only people who play and win a lot would be able to gain enough points to actually buy something with them. Once a solid community (with meta, etc.. ) has been established, these rewards could even be removed.
Mmmmbuti
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 am

But if rewards are so low, they won't work as an incentive.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Mmmmbuti » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:33 am

Joacgroso wrote:But if rewards are so low, they won't work as an incentive.

Don't underestimate how much people love grinding
Mmmmbuti
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:41 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I know TPs used to be the premium currency, but now they can only be obtained by paying (or in the Cauldron, but that's very rare and only gives you useless amounts). Giving players something that costs money is like giving them money. It would reduce TP purchases.
The reward for paying to play the coven is playing the coven.

I actually get 1200 Town Points per month from the cauldron, 300 per week. A lot of people do, my whole discord server for example....

We also have nothing to spend them on.... except for scrolls. I currently have 8k Town points because ive bought scrolls with MP for the last 6 months (and still have 100k of those) Amazing how they add up when you dont leave games before they end.

The question is, how many ranked games will people play in a week? 100? 200? - 5 TP per game would be way too much. 1 TP would be more like it

The other problem is, people throwing to end the game faster, and in turn increase the amount of games they get in a day..... everyone visit the PB n1! Pest day 2/3, game over day 4, repeat 50 times per day..... All coven/NK on the vet n1! lynch medusa day 2, game over in 1 minute, thats 2 games every 5 minutes (with queue timer), 24 games per hour....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:54 am

You had to pay a lot in order to get that many town points. Most people doesn't have all cosmetics + 30 scrolls for each role + the max amount of each taunt. Even if you get that many town points "for free", it doesn't matter since you can't spend them.
The gamethrowing problem can be solved by reporting the throwers, making it so only winners get TP, making it so only games that lasted a certain amount of days give TP, or set a max amount of TP that can be obtained via ranked per day, or making it so players can only get TP above a certain elo. Maybe make it so only the top X players can get town points. I think the best options are reporting and setting a daily maximum.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Joacgroso wrote:You had to pay a lot in order to get that many town points. Most people doesn't have all cosmetics + 30 scrolls for each role + the max amount of each taunt. Even if you get that many town points "for free", it doesn't matter since you can't spend them.
The gamethrowing problem can be solved by reporting the throwers, making it so only winners get TP, making it so only games that lasted a certain amount of days give TP, or set a max amount of TP that can be obtained via ranked per day, or making it so players can only get TP above a certain elo. Maybe make it so only the top X players can get town points. I think the best options are reporting and setting a daily maximum.

I didnt pay fuck all.... I see you joined in 2016, if you logged in every day and clicked on the cauldron, you would also have every cosmetic by now. Even the ''TP only'' cosmetics drop from the cauldron when all the MP ones are collected.... I didnt pay for any of the ''crystal'' skins, pets or houses, they all came in the cauldron for free, same as the batch before that..when the vig/consort skins were released..... I havent spent a cent since they nerfed fuck out of taunts, and I sure dont have 30 of every scroll (or I wouldnt need to buy them) and as I explained, the 8k TP that I have came from the cauldron over the last 6 months,,,,
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:39 am

Fine, fine. I thought you used to spend $2 every week before taunts were nerfed. I said the 30 scrolls thing because of this post.
By the way, I also think that a bundle of 30 scrolls for 3 or 5 roles of your choice would be awesome. It's much more interesting than cosmetics.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Suggestions