Drugger (Mafia Support)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Drugger (Mafia Support)

Postby Romanelu00 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:08 am

Role Name: Drugger

Role Alignment: Mafia Support

Attack: None
Defense: None

Abilities: Choose 1 target to drug each night.

Attributes: Successfully drugged targets will not be able to read the chat and whispers sent to them the following day, but can still write messages in chat and whisper to other people. If a doctor visits the target during the night the drugging fails. If a target is drugged 3 times in a row they will overdose and die. Only a doctor can save the target from a overdose.

Goal: Kill anyone that will not submit to the Mafia.

Win Conditions: Same as other mafia roles.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is suspicious!
Investigator - Spy/Bmer/Jailor/Drugger
Consigliere - Your target secretly drugs people, they must be a drugger!

Achievements:

Street Dealer --- 1 Drugger win
Snowwhite --- 5 Drugger wins
Master Cook --- 10 Drugger wins
Pablo Escobar --- 25 Drugger wins
Good stuff --- Succesfully drug someone
Loyal Customer --- Succesfully overdose someone
Boss, try this! --- Drug the Godfather
Why does my drink taste weird? --- Drug yourself

Would love to hear opinions!
Last edited by Romanelu00 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Romanelu00
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Drugger (Mafia Support)

Postby OreCreeper » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:01 am

So just a reverse blackmailer? It might work but the overdose part is really dumb. Mafia Support roles should not be able to kill.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby OreCreeper » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:01 am

So just a reverse blackmailer? It might work but the overdose part is really dumb. Mafia Support roles should not be able to kill.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby RiceHatMan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:41 am

I guess this role is different? I don't get the Doctor and overdose part though. The Doctor part as in you cannot drug important townies, and the overdose part as in it's unnecessary and a MS shouldn't be able to kill. This role is kind of underwhelming, and there isn't much else to say about it.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:04 am

I'm not a fan of the overdose mechanic, but I can see this being useful against a Jailor or Mayor.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:06 am

just saying, the hypnotist was originally called the drug dealer when it was suggested, but was changed, so i dont think the name "drugger" is gonna pass
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Romanelu00 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:16 am

Harryyoshi wrote:I guess this role is different? I don't get the Doctor and overdose part though. The Doctor part as in you cannot drug important townies, and the overdose part as in it's unnecessary and a MS shouldn't be able to kill. This role is kind of underwhelming, and there isn't much else to say about it.

The Doctor part is there to block the drugger from actually destroying the jailor. He could just drug the jailor everynight and that would really be op. the overdose part is there to balance the role a bit, imagine a blackmailer without hearing whispers, that would make the blackmailer easily the worst mafia role.
Romanelu00
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby RiceHatMan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:07 am

Romanelu00 wrote:
Harryyoshi wrote:I guess this role is different? I don't get the Doctor and overdose part though. The Doctor part as in you cannot drug important townies, and the overdose part as in it's unnecessary and a MS shouldn't be able to kill. This role is kind of underwhelming, and there isn't much else to say about it.

The Doctor part is there to block the drugger from actually destroying the jailor. He could just drug the jailor everynight and that would really be op. the overdose part is there to balance the role a bit, imagine a blackmailer without hearing whispers, that would make the blackmailer easily the worst mafia role.

I guess this should be MK then? This role has the potential to kill, and TPs counter this role, so I don't see why this role shouldn't be MK instead of MS. Right now, this role is half MS and half MS. I don't see why drugging the Jailor would be OP, you can Blackmail the Jailor and many of the results would be the same. Even if it is, it would disincentivize the Jailor meta. Right now, this role is underwhelming in the killing and supporting aspect, because how are you going to drug the same person 3 nights in a row, and people can still say "I'm drugged, here's my info". The whole point of Blackmailer to it keep someone quiet and prevent that info from getting out. This role makes it so one specific person won't get info at all. I don't see this working early nor late game, since people can still communicate through votes. E.g. You are drugged and you say, "player 1, vote player 7 if xyz". Why is this mutually exclusive to Drugger and not Blackmailer? It's because other people need to ask you questions as a blackmailed, while as a drugged, you make the communication. You rely on others to help you communicate as a blackmailed, anyway, and that is very unreliable.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby MaikeruSapphire » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:28 pm

It's an interesting idea, but it might be better with Coven (if you get the necronomicon, you deal a basic attack on the first dose) and with only 2 "doses" needed for a kill.

Another thing that might be an issue is the political-correctness of this role...

EDIT: Maybe the drugged players could have their messages scrambled, but at that point it's just a blackmailer lol
Outside of ToS, I play Hypixel Murder Mystery, Untrusted: Web of Cybercrime, SH.io, MINDNIGHT, and this one weird Discord server.
On anywhere except Discord, you can find me under the name MaikeruSapphire or maisap or something like that.
MaikeruSapphire
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Brilliand » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:25 am

Coven already has Poisoner, so the overdose mechanic wouldn't be good as a *new* Coven role anyway.

I think the overdose mechanic and the Doctor heal part need to be scrapped. After that... I'm thinking this idea would work best as an additional power for Blackmailer, while the "hear whispers" ability is moved from Blackmailer to Forger.

A reverse blackmailer without the direct blackmailing ability has the problem that it's too easy for the target to directly claim 'drugged' or whatever.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:14 am

this is a bit of a stretch, but maybe the people who overdose don't die but are maybe roleblocked, but are then immune to drugging? i know that's not how drugs work but i think it's better than killing them outright
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mystoc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:24 pm

if they can see whispers that entirely defeats the purpose of the role

i like this role cause u can fake being drugged very easy this a a good tool for evils or jestors to use

the overdose part is meh 3 visits for a death is long and balanced but mafia support isnt supposed to kill
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Romanelu00 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:28 am

Mystoc wrote:if they can see whispers that entirely defeats the purpose of the role

They can't see whispers but can whisper to other players.
This ofcourse also applies to the open chat, they can't see the chat but can still write messages.
Romanelu00
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas