Soothsayer (TI) [REWORK]

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Soothsayer (TI) [REWORK]

Postby MikeMadness » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:23 am

Reworking my Soothsayer idea here...

Role: Soothsayer
Alignment: Town Investigative
Attack: None
Defense: None

Description: You are a powerful mystic that can see into the future and advise the Town.

Abilities: During the night, select one player to see into their future.
You will know 3 roles they are not and if they are controlled by a Witch, you will know that a Witch controlled them. This will help Investigators narrow down their results.

Win Conditions:

Win with Town
Win with Survivors
Win with Guardian Angels
Win with Pirate
Must kill Mafia
Must kill Coven
Must kill SK
Must kill Arso
Must kill WW

Investigative Results:

Investigator: Your target is either Lookout, Forger, Witch (Coven Leader), Soothsayer or Juggernaut
Sheriff: Your find no evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Consig: Your target can see into the future. They must be a Soothsayer!
MikeMadness

Re: Soothsayer (TI) [REWORK]

Postby ABadWord » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:07 am

While being given roles they guarantee aren't is a unique way to handle a TI, I have concerns.
The vagueness of only getting three could be either useless as you get Survivor/Amnesiac/Plaguebearer in a Ranked game or VERY useful if you get the role that player is fake claiming depending on RNG, which is bad.
HOWEVER. I see potential for a very strong TI with limited use.
If say, this role was able to see if their target was one role and get a yes or no. That would be very powerful.
Make them a unique, makes em roleblockable, badda bing badda boom, fake claim checker role.
This isn't actually a bad idea, just needs some tweaks.
Owner of the super rare "Win 10 games as Jester" achievement.

I have no clue how you all are putting links hidden in text in your bio and Google won't help.
ABadWord
Jester
Jester

Postby Mystoc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:40 am

this rng though, it could give you the same results if check someone twice or 3 new ones making you have 6 roles they arent
this also could give usless results like vet jailor or transporter all roles who can confirm themselves the rng of this role is too high

knowing if someone is witched is barely useful only an evil wouldnt mention being witched

this more rng then psychic which is a bad role so yea
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MikeMadness » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:42 am

Mystoc wrote:this rng though, it could give you the same results if check someone twice or 3 new ones making you have 6 roles they arent
this also could give usless results like vet jailor or transporter all roles who can confirm themselves the rng of this role is too high

knowing if someone is witched is barely useful only an evil wouldnt mention being witched

this more rng then psychic which is a bad role so yea

It would be 3 new roles each time you check someone.
MikeMadness

Postby Mystoc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:05 pm

so the problem is this could be consig and tell a role someone claimed they are then you instantly know they are lying

or it could take multiple tries to get the role to apear that they claimed

its super rng

the new method for mesuring TI's strength is invest rework it takes two visits to get the exact role now, so if this takes longer then that its a weaker invest but if only takes one its a consig

this roles rng can make both cases happen thats why rng isnt fun or balanced
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MikeMadness » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:08 pm

So this still needs a rework?
MikeMadness

Postby Mystoc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:31 pm

MikeMadness wrote:So this still needs a rework?

making new TI is extremely hard i have never made a new TI role in my years here for that exact reason the standards are to high now with little room for new ideas,

now that we know BMG doesnt want invest like possiblity roles with diff results for each role since they are reworking invest this makes new TI roles is even harder create

i dunno if rework is right word, but RNG roles arent good because the power of the role is now up to chance based on the game not your choice or others players choice, the game is deciding for you how your roles plays and that takes away choice which isnt fun
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas