VFM71 | Light Game - The End | [Heretic Victory]

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM71 | Light Game - Craters and Crusades | Day 2

Postby CheezePie » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:14 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:Pop-in:
eehhhh CheezPie is slightly wolfy for their read on Bottle? It feels like it lacks progression and has too much confidence
W!Cheez -> V!Bottle probably

also amount of time is not how I measure tunnel depth (although it is relevant), but amount of confbias, which I feel like we're both probably doing a bit of

aight, i dont understand how it lacks progression tho
what's confbias?
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:19 am

Okay, I want -everyone- to compare these two sets of posts.

1. From Cob:
cob709 wrote:
CheezePie wrote:if the wagons were really v/v/v, they just wouldn't care
but... that's a good point

If wagons were v/v/v then mafia would just let it stand as it was, which is what happened.
If wagons had a scum player, then they would manipulate it, which did not happen.

and

2. From Huachimingo:
Huachimingo wrote:You know, all three wagons being town is not too crazy now that i think about it. But it probably means they were tied by mafia on purpose.

Huachimingo wrote:[3cheers, bottle] Are not scum together, unless Bottle and Triple are both scum.
[triple, hyena, cheeze] No more than one scum here. Scum wouldn't need to gang up on bottle if they had the option to vote Uzay. Same with [Debil/ejji] on triple.

Are you guys really gonna tell me Cob is townier than Huachimingo? For real?
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:24 am

TheDebil wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
Jalandh wrote:Ayo, i havent read a single page yet so anyone who can give me a detailed catch up, id appriciate it. Its 2 am so ill reread fully in the morning. i see that dota is a claimed martyr, why is he claimed?

gonna do an iso on triple is one is made already to see where their mind was at in the game

Okay, I don't want to yeet Triple's slot today anymore.

Hi, Jalandh. <3 Welcome back!

why

Because it's Jalandh, and I haven't seen him in a while. It was only a half-serious post, mind you.

TheDebil wrote:
ejjinami wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:I'll relent on the former since I wasn't sure if we were on the right track of not, but I still disagree with the latter statement. I'm the one who made Triple a viable wagon, and I helped make a case against Bottle, as well as help push that wagon. In fact, I'm claiming partial responsibilty for the entire gamestate at EoD (can't claim full responsibility since Cheeze did help push Bottle, too).

same with this one.

It feels like hyena is actually trying to lead the game... or at least fulfill the role-playing requirements of that without pushing anyone too much
at first glance I’d expect scum to go in the opposite direction- 
just TALKING about being a leader while not trying to force their opinions onto other people is a weird combination for powerwolfing scum

he's bragging about his influence this game in this very post
what's the idea here? these 2 feel like shaky reasons

I'm bragging about my influence of the game because I was being told I was doing nothing in this game by Dota. How can I do nothing yet have so much influence over the game?

TheDebil wrote:
ejjinami wrote:Huachi should still be easy town imo.

His posts feel as if he’s just reacting to stuff as it goes, with no clear goal in mind.

i get the thought process behind it but to me usually the mindless player is mafia when the person with a clear idea of what they want is town
the more paranoid/aggressive/confused the better
i'll just agree to disagree

Look at the post I just made about Huachi and I dare you to tell me that what you just called town doesn't apply to them.
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:28 am

LOLingHyena wrote:Okay, I want -everyone- to compare these two sets of posts.

1. From Cob:
cob709 wrote:

If wagons were v/v/v then mafia would just let it stand as it was, which is what happened.
If wagons had a scum player, then they would manipulate it, which did not happen.

and

2. From Huachimingo:
Huachimingo wrote:You know, all three wagons being town is not too crazy now that i think about it. But it probably means they were tied by mafia on purpose.

Huachimingo wrote:[3cheers, bottle] Are not scum together, unless Bottle and Triple are both scum.
[triple, hyena, cheeze] No more than one scum here. Scum wouldn't need to gang up on bottle if they had the option to vote Uzay. Same with [Debil/ejji] on triple.

Yes, otherwise Huachimingo would perform an action based on his read aka vote cheez who tied wagons.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:33 am

dota2reporter wrote:as it stands, bottle is town in my books now
if he is scum then where have his buddies been at eod? hes been a potential wagon for the entirety of d1
yet the 2 people that have any scum equity both voted him near eod (though ejji switched later)

dota2reporter wrote:
Jalandh wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
CheezePie wrote:lol imagine joining the game just to get lynched
so yeah, all the reasons we didn't like triple still apply to my vote
jalandh's first post is actually what made me look into them
Jalandh wrote:Ayo, i havent read a single page yet so anyone who can give me a detailed catch up, id appriciate it. Its 2 am so ill reread fully in the morning. i see that dota is a claimed martyr, why is he claimed?

gonna do an iso on triple is one is made already to see where their mind was at in the game

this might be a stretch but i was thinking that the bolded part could mean "lol im scum lets see what s!triple was trying to do so i can continue"

exactly my thoughts, but in reverse. why would you as town need to know what the previous person said/did? it's a completely different person with different opinions. for mafia, on the other hand, it may be important to keep consistency on the slot and make everyone comfortable with your presence by using somebody else's posts

On mobile so posting hard but its because triple was the only town person i knew just by joining the game and looking at my rc. Ik im the 'easy lynch' ince i had alot of pressure on me yesterday but this is grasping at straws, esspecally when youre giving bottle the pass for also being tied

very very lamist my friend, doesnt make your case any better

im giving bottle a pass for completely different reasons; tying doesnt influence it

Oh yeah then explain above why you said he was lock town because of the fact he was almost lynched lol im on laptop now so uh, lets get this party started
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:33 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
TheDebil wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:

Okay, I don't want to yeet Triple's slot today anymore.

Hi, Jalandh. <3 Welcome back!

why

Because it's Jalandh, and I haven't seen him in a while. It was only a half-serious post, mind you.

Hyena \o/

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:34 am

dota2reporter wrote:
Bottlenose wrote:
CheezePie wrote:
Bottlenose wrote:jal is town pls

i don't think they're ever a wolf with hyena

quick explain?

i feel hyena was too lax at EoD1 for them to be w/w

i think they would try to strongarm a lynch onto me.

67% chance of missing is more safe than having to strongarm and get screwed up by interactions
you really underestimate how much flip paranoia can affect scum

asking for a friend, whos your scumworld? This has a reason

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 am

CheezePie wrote:hey, if jalandh is scum, that means we had 2 villa wagons and 1 scum wagon
triple/jalandh only really became a wagon during EoD
and the uzay wagon stayed pretty much the same, plus a vote from bottle, who i consider townie now
so you could say... me or hyena could be scum, letting it go to rng and possibly save triple/jalandh? (i dont exactly remember the votes)
oh no, lol

im still waiting for someone to give me a reason why the game was so chillax with the triple tie if one of them was a W

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 am

kosmo16 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:

this might be a stretch but i was thinking that the bolded part could mean "lol im scum lets see what s!triple was trying to do so i can continue"

exactly my thoughts, but in reverse. why would you as town need to know what the previous person said/did? it's a completely different person with different opinions. for mafia, on the other hand, it may be important to keep consistency on the slot and make everyone comfortable with your presence by using somebody else's posts

It's not true. When you replace in you want to know if your slot is doomed and you need to read the thread or you can just chill.

Jalandh is trolling, that's true. The real question is: bad or scum?

:^)

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:/vote Bottlenose

Dota should stop tunneling tbh, Jalandh is vibing (light light V), and I predicted their response to dota's post (although idk if that's indicative)
gtg now byeeeeee

bottle is just a bad of a wagon as i am lmao

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am

dota2reporter wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:

It's not true. When you replace in you want to know if your slot is doomed and you need to read the thread or you can just chill.

Jalandh is trolling, that's true. The real question is: bad or scum?

i never see people replacing in town slots doing this
theyre either already prepared or ask others to catch them up, but dont read the person before them

go find me a game where im mafia and needed to go back and look to see how my slot was when i filled

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 am

kosmo16 wrote:Hmm, Hyena is also scum this game. Could be that it is ejii/Hyena/ho chi minh?

Okay, Kosmo. Cool. Is it because I'm defending the other two + calling you scum?

kosmo16 wrote:
Bottlenose wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:Hmm, Hyena is also scum this game. Could be that it is ejii/Hyena/ho chi minh?

why tho

@Hyena If you were the bookie who would you pick for the mislynch?

90% Bottle, 10% Triple/Jal. And I'd probably even make the same argument I'm making today about two night kills not being a bad thing. If that's what you're pushing me for, what do you think about the actual arguments I've made against Bottle. I'd ask the same about Triple, but I kinda went into starting that wagon pretty blindly.

dota2reporter wrote:wim is really low
uhhh to not get prodded i will say

i disagree with kosmo being scum completely
her bossy attitude is very town indicative

Okay. I'm townreading you, Cheeze, and Ejji. Jalandh wants me to townread him and Bottle. If the six of us are town, then all three mafia lie within {Debil, Huachi, Cob, Zorua, Kosmo}. Let's throw Kosmo out for a moment. Who do you think is the other town in there? Let's say I'm wrong and there's actually only two mafia in that group. Which two do you think are the mafia?

dota2reporter wrote:jalandh is obvscum
/vote jalandh

Okay, I can live with this. I still want you to answer my previous post though.
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:42 am

kosmo16 wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:Okay, I want -everyone- to compare these two sets of posts.

1. From Cob:
cob709 wrote:

and

2. From Huachimingo:

Yes, otherwise Huachimingo would perform an action based on his read aka vote cheez who tied wagons.

Huachimingo wasn't around for EoD. He was even trying to ask for people's opinions with regard to where he should place his vote. He wanted to vote for Ejji, and Bottle told him that it was likely not going to happen. What are you trying to say? He's scum because he didn't place a vote?
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby Bottlenose » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:51 am

dota2reporter wrote:
Bottlenose wrote:
CheezePie wrote:
Bottlenose wrote:jal is town pls

i don't think they're ever a wolf with hyena

quick explain?

i feel hyena was too lax at EoD1 for them to be w/w

i think they would try to strongarm a lynch onto me.

67% chance of missing is more safe than having to strongarm and get screwed up by interactions
you really underestimate how much flip paranoia can affect scum

oh come on
Bottlenose
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner

Postby LOLingHyena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:55 am

dota2reporter wrote:the team is huachi/hyena/jalandh

No. You're going off the rails again, I think. I'm town, and I believe Huachi is town, too.

TheDebil wrote:
/vote jalandh

why

I can't believe that Jalandh is the one you'd ask 'why' about over both me and Huachi. I feel like Jalandh is the MOST reasonable of the three. If you want to be even more reasonable, you should be asking why neither Cob or Kosmo are there.

Bottlenose wrote:Cob is giga useless.

There. Lock town.

No. Just no. Do NOT clear them for that. I saw people making a similar argument in VFM 70 when he was mafia.

kosmo16 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:hard to explain. but i have the gamesolve
sheep me on any of these 3

Im voting huachi, I can vote Hyena as well. About Jalandh... I would need to read his posts and check who he replaced... I will pass on that.

Kosmo, I'd like you to evaluate Jalandh by the end of the day. It doesn't have to be, like, super thorough, but I want to see you actually give thoughts about Jalandh. If not Jalandh, then anybody outside of me, Ejji, or Huachi.
Ez.
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:57 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:
Bottlenose wrote:

why tho

@Hyena If you were the bookie who would you pick for the mislynch?

90% Bottle, 10% Triple/Jal. And I'd probably even make the same argument I'm making today about two night kills not being a bad thing. If that's what you're pushing me for, what do you think about the actual arguments I've made against Bottle. I'd ask the same about Triple, but I kinda went into starting that wagon pretty blindly.

What? You are not a suicide type. I call it bs.
/vote Hyena
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:59 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:the team is huachi/hyena/jalandh

No. You're going off the rails again, I think. I'm town, and I believe Huachi is town, too.

TheDebil wrote:
/vote jalandh

why

I can't believe that Jalandh is the one you'd ask 'why' about over both me and Huachi. I feel like Jalandh is the MOST reasonable of the three. If you want to be even more reasonable, you should be asking why neither Cob or Kosmo are there.

Bottlenose wrote:Cob is giga useless.

There. Lock town.

No. Just no. Do NOT clear them for that. I saw people making a similar argument in VFM 70 when he was mafia.

kosmo16 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:hard to explain. but i have the gamesolve
sheep me on any of these 3

Im voting huachi, I can vote Hyena as well. About Jalandh... I would need to read his posts and check who he replaced... I will pass on that.

Kosmo, I'd like you to evaluate Jalandh by the end of the day. It doesn't have to be, like, super thorough, but I want to see you actually give thoughts about Jalandh. If not Jalandh, then anybody outside of me, Ejji, or Huachi.

Debil is obvious Town. His actions are so random, that he can't possibly know who is scum and who is town.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 am

Bottle is obvious Town. Frustration from the fact that Town don't want to follow your lead for lynches is hard to fake as Mafia due to the fact that you don't really care who gets lynched as long as it is not anyone from your team.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Bottlenose » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:03 am

nah cob is clear.

i can understand nullreads but idek how you can scumread them
Bottlenose

Postby kosmo16 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:03 am

jalandh and bottle are also cleared by eod 1.
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Bottlenose » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:06 am

kosmo16 wrote:Bottle is obvious Town. Frustration from the fact that Town don't want to follow your lead for lynches is hard to fake as Mafia due to the fact that you don't really care who gets lynched as long as it is not anyone from your team.

uhhhhhh
Bottlenose

Postby Fenraiser » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:11 am

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Not Voting (3): Jalandhh TripleHaven, huachimingo, cob709

Day ends
deathofrats0808 wrote:
James wrote:DEATH! I JUST WANT ONE MORE BREATH!
CAAN YOOOU GRANT MEE ONE MOOOORE PLEEEEEEEEAAASE!?

All out of breath I'm afraid. I only have existential dread left.
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:15 am

Fenraiser wrote:Jalandh, TripleHaven | 3 | Cheezepie, Dota2reporter, thedebil;
bottlenose | 3 | LOLinghyena, Zorualuhansk 3cheers, ejjinami;
Ejjinami | 1 | bottlenose;
LOLinghyena | 1 | kosmo16

Not Voting (3): Jalandhh TripleHaven, huachimingo, cob709

Day ends

......why are the wagons once again tied on the two people that survived it being tied yesterday

why does noone care that its tied between us again

is noone else seeing a patternlmao

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 am

not voting on hyena because I have ~0 meta on them
is Cheeze actually "lock town" or is that just dota pushing another one of their reads
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Jalandh » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 am

dota2reporter wrote:as it stands, bottle is town in my books now
if he is scum then where have his buddies been at eod? hes been a potential wagon for the entirety of d1
yet the 2 people that have any scum equity both voted him near eod (though ejji switched later)

this post is still getting me. Until he explains the difference between bottle being towna nd me being mafia from this, hes gonna get

/vote dota

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads