SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Corruption wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Corruption wins!

Postby watchme1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:15 am

SFM75 - Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus
Hosted by watchme1
Overseen by TrueGent

I just wanted to expand my waifu collection please no bully

Image

Last time on Waifu uPick, the last waifu standing was Rem. Who’s Rem you say? Well that’s a good question my fellow waifu. All I heard was that it was a massacre and the bad waifus went out of control! So what can we do about it you might ask? Well fear no more as you have a chance to battle it out again and prove you have what it takes to be the best waifu! It’s time for the Revenge of the Waifus!

Well with that introduction out of the way lets get started

Rules:

  • You might be cute waifus, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t follow the rules!
  • Be Respectful to others! We’re all friends here so lets not try to be toxic or be one to cause harassment.
  • Don’t gamethrow (throwing a teammate under the bus is fine, outing your whole team for the sake of losing isn’t), don’t angleshoot (use information outside of the thread as an argument).
  • Don’t quote your rolecard word for word or I will have to banish you to the shadow realm .
  • If there isn’t an FM rule listed here, assume it is :3
  • Don’t be a dick :^)
  • We all like to have fun! Or not, up to you to decide T.T

Setup:

  • 15 Waifus, which means 15 of you will be playing!
  • 72 hours a day, 24 hours a night. How original b-b-baka!
  • Waifus don’t get prodded. We want content! No content for 24 hours = prod. Failure to post after 12 hours the prod has been sent = force replacement. (Also getting replaced means the backup will have to play as some waifu that they didn’t choose so please don’t get replaced)
  • Plurality and Majority are in play. Whatever that means.
  • Multitasking is a thing. Yes.
  • No kill credit. Basically the cause of expelling a waifu will not be told unless lynched.
  • If for some reason there is a tie, the lynch target will be rng'd. Oh no winning via luck!
  • Upon death, the full rolecard will be posted.
  • Night feedback will be given where appropriate.
  • There may or may not be any bastard mechanics but definately no role conversion. I will not lie to you unless another player intervenes.
  • All night actions are to be either pm'd directly to me via forums or discord whichever is more comfortable for you.


Picking a Waifu (the hardest part) :

Upon signing up, please pm me either via forums or discord your waifu choices. Send at least 2 waifus to be considered into a custom rolecard. You can send as many as you want actually. But please at least make it have the following characteristics to be considered as a waifu.

  • Is female
  • Is Humanoid
  • Is a character from Japanese animation/manga (easier to reference flavour)
I will be more strict than Torque with regards to what a waifu is so don’t bother trying to send Dio as a choice or I’ll make it so that you get auto mod killed at sod1.
If your waifus don't satisfy the following points you'll have to give ample reason as to why they're waifus and I might consider :3

If for some reason you don’t have any knowledge of waifus, some recommendations I have is to look at the Danganronpa series as they have a sizeable collection of suitable waifus which would work well as a rolecard for this.

Waifu Contendors:
  • Varanus
  • Chemist1422
  • Jalandh
  • Eragon1329
  • MichaelgRook
  • heytheregirl17
  • S0me0ne23
  • cob709
  • ProtoTypicalJester ScorpioDiAngelo
  • Fenraiser
  • JacksonVirgo
  • dota2reporter jucktropy
  • TheDebil
  • EvilDeanius0
  • Cenvil2

The Viewing Party
  • SparkingJay
  • CheezePie
Last edited by watchme1 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 22 times in total.
FM Record- 19 Wins 21 Losses 7 Broken/draw


I suck at league
User avatar
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am
Location: In quarantine (GMT +11)

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby watchme1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:16 am

Isos:

watchme1
TrueGent

Varanus
Chemist1422
Jalandh
Eragon1329
MichaelgRook
heytheregirl17
S0me0ne23
cob709
ProtoTypicalJester ScorpioDiAngelo
Fenraiser
JacksonVirgo
dota2reporter jucktropy
TheDebil
EvilDeanius0
Cenvil2

Currently Competiting

  1. Eragon1329 (Kaguya Shinomiya)

The Expelled


  • My waifu choices
  • cob709 (Tatsumaki) - Expelled Day 1
  • S0me0ne23 (Cleaned!) - Killed Night 1
  • dota2reporter jucktropy (Lofi Hip Hop Radio Girl) - Expelled Day 2
  • Chemist1422 (Yellow) - Killed Night 2
  • MichaelgRook (Rei Ayanami) - Expelled Day 3
  • Jalandh (Corona-chan) - Killed Night 3
  • EvilDeanius0 (Cleaned!) - Expelled Day 4
  • Varanus (Cornelia li Britannia) - Killed Night 4
  • JacksonVirgo (Tokaku Azuma) - Killed Night 4
  • ProtoTypicalJester ScorpioDiAngelo (Io) - Expelled Day 5
  • Fenraiser (Minene Uryuu) - Killed Night 5
  • TheDebil (Revy) - Expelled Day 7
  • heytheregirl17 (Franziska von Karma) - Endgamed Day 7
  • Cenvil2 (Yuka Tsukiyono) - Endgamed Day 7


Timeline
Day 1 begins
ScorpioDiAngelo replaces into ProtoTypicalJester
Cob is expelled day 1
Day 2 begins with S0me0ne being killed
Dota2reporter will be replaced out
Jucktropy replaces into dota2reporter
Jucktropy is expelled day 2
Day 3 begins with Chemist being killed
MichaelgRook is expelled day 3
Day 4 begins with Jalandh being killed
EvilDeanius0 is expelled day 4
Day 5 begins with both Varanus and JacksonVirgo being killed
ScorpioDiAngelo is expelled day 5
Day 6 begins with Fenraiser being killed
No one is expelled day 6
Day 7 begins with no one dying
TheDebil is expelled day 7
Game ends in favour of the Corrupt Waifus!
Last edited by watchme1 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:59 am, edited 22 times in total.
FM Record- 19 Wins 21 Losses 7 Broken/draw


I suck at league
User avatar
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am
Location: In quarantine (GMT +11)

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby watchme1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:17 am

Current phase: Waiting on all people to send in their flavour Requirements Satisfied!

Phase 2: Creation of Waifus

Progress: 100% complete!

Phase 3: Awaiting Approval Approved!
FM Record- 19 Wins 21 Losses 7 Broken/draw


I suck at league
User avatar
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am
Location: In quarantine (GMT +11)

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby watchme1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Rolecards will be handed out now. Please do not post.
FM Record- 19 Wins 21 Losses 7 Broken/draw


I suck at league
User avatar
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am
Location: In quarantine (GMT +11)

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby watchme1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:21 pm

All rolecards have been sent! I will begin the day 1 hour and 40 minutes from now.

That is 1 a.m. GMT. You can do the conversion yourselves :3
FM Record- 19 Wins 21 Losses 7 Broken/draw


I suck at league
User avatar
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am
Location: In quarantine (GMT +11)

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby watchme1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:20 pm

I don't think I said this in the OP but I'll just say it now before the game begins.

This game has notifications where appropriate.
FM Record- 19 Wins 21 Losses 7 Broken/draw


I suck at league
User avatar
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am
Location: In quarantine (GMT +11)

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby watchme1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 pm

So day 1 flavour huh? I need to do something like that right... Oh I know, I'll just post an anime op of where best girl comes from!
And if anyone argues with me, I can just mod-kill them on the spot, yep yep.




Day 1 ends in 72 hours from now or when majority has been reached.

You may post now.



Last edited by watchme1 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
FM Record- 19 Wins 21 Losses 7 Broken/draw


I suck at league
User avatar
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am
Location: In quarantine (GMT +11)

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 pm

WHO'S READY TO START A WAR

THE WAR OF THE WAIFUS
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm

A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am the Best Girl
Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the Best Girl. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the Best Girl cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 13 players you need to try to read, rather than 14: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 15 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the Best Girl, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a not Best Girl, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Varanus » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm

trying to think why i wanted to play this game. i only like rolling town. basically the only thing thats appealing to me about mafia is the concept of pouring large amounts of effort into something that's superficially useful. i wouldn't enjoy coloring an entire page with a pen. i don't think it's the difficulty of the task of solving the game which is appealing either, it's just the fact that it's possible to spend a long time doing it. a good analogy is a jigsaw puzzle, which is something i enjoy as well. i'm not sure that's quite it though. it feels bad to have players you think are wolf flip town, but i couldn't care less about the actual outcome of the game. if a jigsaw puzzle just dissolved in front of my eyes i wouldn't care that i hadn't finished it and some of the pieces were in the wrong place. perhaps it is about being proven right and as flips occur i steadily lose interest over time because there are fewer players left to solve, and by the end of the game i give zero fucks? i think it's aspects of both.
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Varanus wrote:trying to think why i wanted to play this game. i only like rolling town. basically the only thing thats appealing to me about mafia is the concept of pouring large amounts of effort into something that's superficially useful. i wouldn't enjoy coloring an entire page with a pen. i don't think it's the difficulty of the task of solving the game which is appealing either, it's just the fact that it's possible to spend a long time doing it. a good analogy is a jigsaw puzzle, which is something i enjoy as well. i'm not sure that's quite it though. it feels bad to have players you think are wolf flip town, but i couldn't care less about the actual outcome of the game. if a jigsaw puzzle just dissolved in front of my eyes i wouldn't care that i hadn't finished it and some of the pieces were in the wrong place. perhaps it is about being proven right and as flips occur i steadily lose interest over time because there are fewer players left to solve, and by the end of the game i give zero fucks? i think it's aspects of both.



Image
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Varanus » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:Image

Image
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby watchme1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Spoiler:
Eragon1329 wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am the Best Girl
Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the Best Girl. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the Best Girl cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 13 players you need to try to read, rather than 14: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 15 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the Best Girl, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a not Best Girl, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.



Eragon has been modkilled for arguing with the host.

They were -

Spoiler: lol
FM Record- 19 Wins 21 Losses 7 Broken/draw


I suck at league
User avatar
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 am
Location: In quarantine (GMT +11)

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby cob709 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am the Best Girl
Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the Best Girl. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the Best Girl cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 13 players you need to try to read, rather than 14: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 15 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the Best Girl, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a not Best Girl, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.

I'm confused
are you claiming villager/citizen?
I
AM
GOD
User avatar
cob709
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 pm

I want to die so I'm going home
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM 75 | Waifu uPick: Revenge of the Waifus | Setup Phas

Postby Varanus » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 pm

watchme1 wrote: Spoiler:
Eragon1329 wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am the Best Girl
Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the Best Girl. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the Best Girl cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 13 players you need to try to read, rather than 14: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 15 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the Best Girl, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a not Best Girl, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.



Eragon has been modkilled for arguing with the host.

They were -

Spoiler: lol

Image
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 pm

n0 parity check eragon/jalandh different

this is a hardclaim btw
mist ~ she/they

current winter theme vibe:
Spoiler:
User avatar
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 pm

breathing is fun
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Fenraiser » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 pm

Damn the Gods why do you do this to me Eragon.

/vote Eragon
VFM 71 Ends In a Heretic Victory~
User avatar
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Working

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Varanus » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:n0 parity check eragon/jalandh different

this is a hardclaim btw

I'm in a 3 man masonry with them tbh
/vote Chemist
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:n0 parity check eragon/jalandh different

this is a hardclaim btw


/vote Chemist

hard claim masons with Jalandh
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Varanus » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:breathing is fun

Image
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
User avatar
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Lurking

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Fenraiser » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:n0 parity check eragon/jalandh different

this is a hardclaim btw

Bruh.
VFM 71 Ends In a Heretic Victory~
User avatar
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Working

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Fenraiser wrote:Damn the Gods why do you do this to me Eragon.

/vote Eragon


Image
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Re: SFM 75 | Revenge of the Waifus uPick | Day 1 | It Begins

Postby Eragon1329 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Varanus wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:n0 parity check eragon/jalandh different

this is a hardclaim btw

I'm in a 3 man masonry with them tbh
/vote Chemist


I raised that boy
Spoiler:


TG/FM Records

28-30-6

User avatar
Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: In my own shadow

Next

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests