Prophet (Neutral Chaos)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Prophet (Neutral Chaos)

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:33 pm

This is basically a baby between the Plaguebearer and the Inquisitor from Throne of Lies. Bizarre idea, but I thought I would try it.

Role:
Prophet

Alignment:
Neutral Chaos

Immunities:
Detection Immunity

Unique?: Yes

Attack: Powerful
Defense: None (when attacked for first 2 times, Powerful for entire night)

Goal:
Kill all of the heretics and become the Messiah.

Summary:
A messenger from the Lord sent to purify Salem.
Abilities:
You may choose to test a player to see if they are a heretic, or smite someone.
Attributes:
The heretics are a (Target 1 alignment), (Target 2 alignment), and (Target 3 alignment).
You have 1 smite.
If you smite a heretic, you will gain 1 smite.
You will be healed the first and second time you are attacked.
You will know when a heretic dies.

Win Conditions:
You win with Prophets.
You win with Survivors.
You win with Guardian Angel targets.
You must kill the Town.
You must kill the Mafia.
You must kill the Coven.
You must kill Vampires.
You must kill Serial Killers.
You must kill Arsonists.
You must kill Werewolves.
You must kill Plaguebearers.
You must kill Pestilence.
You must kill Juggernauts.
You may spare anyone else.

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator: Your target could be a Investigator, Consigliere, Coven Leader, or Prophet.
Consigliere: Your target is protected by a holy spirit. They must be a Prophet.

Notifications:
(Testing Target): "You have decided to test <player> tonight."
(Target Not Heretic): "Your target knows nothing of your lord. They are not a heretic."
(Target Is Heretic): "Your target is a heretic!"
(Smiting Target): "You have decided to smite <player> tonight."
(Heretic Smited): "You have successfully smited a heretic. You may smite again.
(Death Message): You were smited by a Prophet!"
(Becoming Messiah) "All of the heretics have died! You feel your lord blessing you! You have become the Messiah!"
(Becoming Messiah (General)): "The heretics of Salem have been killed! A Messiah has been born!"

Mechanics:
  • You will know the alignments of the 3 heretics. They cannot be all from the same faction.
  • If a smite does not kill a heretic, you will still gain a smite, as you still smited a heretic.
  • The only roles that cannot be heretics are Survivors, Amnesiac, Guardian Angels, Guardian Angel targets, and Plaguebearers.
  • Once all 3 heretics die, the town will receive a message about you becoming Messiah.

Achievements:
  • Clergyman: Win 1 game as a Prophet.
  • Minister: Win 5 games as a Prophet.
  • Truly Blessed: Win 10 games as a Prophet.
  • Savior of Salem: Win 25 games as a Prophet.
  • He Rose Again: Be lynched and resurrected as the Messiah.
  • Three Crows: Have all 3 heretics die in a single night.
  • Holy Smite: Kill all 3 of the heretics with your smite.

-------------------------------

Role:
Messiah

Alignment:
Neutral Chaos

Immunities:
Detection Immunity
Control Immunity
Role block Immunity

Unique?: Yes

Attack: Unstoppable (Powerful rampage)
Defense: Powerful

Special: Resurrection

Goal
Kill all who would oppose you.

Abilities:
You may choose to Rampage at a player's house each night.
Attributes:
You will deal a powerful attack to anyone who visits you or your target.
You cannot be role blocked or controlled.
You cannot attack yourself.
If you are jailed you will attack the Jailor.
If you are killed, you will be resurrected after 2 nights (including the one you are killed on) and watched over. This can only happen once, and will not happen if the game ends before you are resurrected.

Win Conditions:
Same as Prophet.

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator: Your target could be a Investigator, Consigliere, Coven Leader, or Prophet.
Consigliere: Your target is a holy vessel. They must be the Messiah.

Notifications:
(Selecting Target): "You have decided purify <player> tonight."
(Being Resurrected): "You have been resurrected! Your Lord has shown his mercy!"
(Being Resurrected (General)): "The Messiah has been resurrected!" (same as old Retributionist).

Mechanics:
  • You can be resurrected even after being lynched.
  • In the case of a Messiah and Pestilence being the last to players alive, they will both draw, while everyone else in the game loses.
  • You are unable to be haunted by the Jester, even if you voted guilty.

Even if this role is awful, it was fun to come up with. Give me some suggestions!

Edit1: Heretics are no longer notified that they are heretics at the start of the game.
Edit2: Added achievements. The Messiah will now wait a night before resurrecting.
Last edited by TheFluffyWaffleV2 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Prophet (Neutral Chaos)

Postby cob709 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:40 pm

Ah okay, so this is similar to Plaguebearer becoming Pestilence, but with different conditions for upgrading.

Okay, so what I'm getting is that this is an Plaguebearer with executioner mechanics that has 3 unknown targets, and they all need to be killed to be promoted to Prophet(Pestilence).
This seems really fun to play as! But this would also be extremely difficult to get promoted.
Overally, it might need some buffs, and some changes to be unique from PB/Pestilence.
Overall, this was fun to read.
/support
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:21 pm

cob709 wrote:Ah okay, so this is similar to Plaguebearer becoming Pestilence, but with different conditions for upgrading.

Okay, so what I'm getting is that this is an Plaguebearer with executioner mechanics that has 3 unknown targets, and they all need to be killed to be promoted to Prophet(Pestilence).
This seems really fun to play as! But this would also be extremely difficult to get promoted.
Overally, it might need some buffs, and some changes to be unique from PB/Pestilence.
Overall, this was fun to read.
/support

The way it works are there are 3 targets. You don't know their name, but you know their alignment (TI, RM, NK, etc.). You can check people at night to see if they are a heretic, like a sheriff. You can also deal a powerful attack, but if you kill someone who isn't a heretic, you can't attack anymore. HOWEVER, you are not the one that has to kill the heretics. If a Sheriff is a heretic, and he is attacked by the Mafia, then it still counts. You just have to be alive when the 3 of them die.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mystoc » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:24 pm

so this could just wait for them do die you yourself dont need to smite them your ability is just a way to try to kill them

it also has in built dection for finding its target its kill ability and finding ability are seprate, i guess there would be a way to choose which to use at night or day ability

If you are killed, you will be resurrected the following night and watched over. This can only happen once, and will not happen if the game ends the day after you die

jailor exe you and then town hangs you, or just hangs you twice in a row i get your trying to give it more lore with the whole death and rise again shibang this seems uneeded though it would only matter in the final 5 if you die and get rezed again and convince the kingmaker to side with you

this feels like an eaiser Pestliance be weaker it defensively i dont really like it, you could get lucky and have your 3 targets all die n1 in some modes like coven, you urself dont need to kill them they just need to die, thats why i dont like it the goal doesnt interact that much with the ability, i also feel like the idea of doing x quest and becoming an killing machine can only be done so many times

the fact others know they are heretics means this role doesnt have surprise victories where they reach they killing machine state unexpectly, i feel like its a worse plaguebringer, its very well thought out and flavorful lore wise though good job
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:32 pm

so this could just wait for them do die you yourself dont need to smite them your ability is just a way to try to kill them

it also has in built dection for finding its target its kill ability and finding ability are seprate, i guess there would be a way to choose which to use at night or day ability

Probably just select urself and then a second target if you want to smite. Just select them normally to test.

jailor exe you and then town hangs you, or just hangs you twice in a row i get your trying to give it more lore abilities this seems uneeded though it would only matter in the final 5 if you die and get rezed again

what.
the game would end if it was only townies left when they lynched you. unless evils want to wait a night... plus, you would kill the jailor, regardless of whether he exes you or not. And you are watched over the day after being resd, so you cannot be lynched.

this feels like an eaiser Pestliance be weaker it defensively i dont really like it, you could get lucky and have your 3 targets all die n1 in some modes like coven, you urself dont need to kill them they just need to die, thats why i dont like it the goal doesnt interact that match with the ability, i also feel like the idea of doing x quest and becoming an killing machine can only be done so many times

If that happens, then everyone is going to band together to find and kill you.
and this was meant to be an opposite to pestilence. It is evil, this is holy.

the fact others know they are heretics doesnt like this role have surprise victories where they reach they killing machine state unexpected, i feel like its a worse plaguebringer, its very well thought out and flavorful lore wise though good job

you're right, I'll probably remove that.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mystoc » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:42 pm

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:

the game would end if it was only townies left when they lynched you. unless evils want to wait a night... plus, you would kill the jailor, regardless of whether he exes you or not. And you are watched over the day after being resd, so you cannot be lynched.

eh so it has 2 days it cant die pretty strong the meta will just be dont visit and kill other evils first so when its killed the game just ends

the way jailor works is he stops rampages if he kills the target, seem weird to add exceptions to an established rule
(i think this how it works if im wrong then my bad, jailor cant kill pest since he has a unstoppable def while this role only has powerful which i think is a good weakness)

If that happens, then everyone is going to band together to find and kill you.
and this was meant to be an opposite to pestilence. It is evil, this is holy.

lore doesnt trump balance i agree this role is very lore heavy i like it, but its quest to become the next role is too random and easy, plaguebringer has a quest that will take at least 3 nights and most times 5 nights, this is too much variance, and the fact you have no control over when you ascend to the next role is a weakness since like you said everyone spends the time looking for you, winning your first quest to fast can be considered a weakness for sure

Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MacReturned » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:08 pm

I don't know, but this idea is some sort of a Hitman looking for their target. Still, cool idea. Though I don't support the revive mechanic.

/support but need fixes
Spoiler:
YOU CALL THIS RESISTING ARREST? WE CALL THIS A DIFFICULTY TWEAK.

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Return to Role Ideas