Goetist (Neutral Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Postby ImposterK » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:26 pm

An evil sorcerer who casts spells to control and kill people.

Abilities:
-Choose 2 people at night, redirecting all of their visitors to each other.
-Your first target will die the following night.

Attributes:
-You will be notified who was redirected.
-Your targets will not be notified that you visited them.
-The redirected players will not be notified that they were redirected.

Special Attributes:
Attack: Basic
Defense: Basic
Priority: 1 (Highest) & 4 (redirecting and killing)

Other Information:
-You cannot visit yourself.
-You won't visit your first target the night you kill but you will visit both targets the previous night.
-If controlled, your first target will be the Witch's second target.
-Protecting roles will only stop the attack if they visit your target the night you visit them.
-If you're roleblocked the night someone is supposed to die, it won't stop them from dying and your first target for the current night will be whoever roleblocked you.
-The redirecting has a priority of 1 but the killing has a priority of 4. This way, protecting roles are affected by the redirecting ability but are still able to save the person being attacked.

Notifications:
You have decided to kill Player1 and redirect their visitors.
You have decided to redirect Player2's visitors.
Player3 and Player4 attempted to visit Player1 but you controlled them!
Player5 attempted to visit Player2 but you controlled them!
A Goetist casted a spell on you. You have died!

Wins with:
Goetist
Survivor
Witch

Investigative Results:
Your target is suspicious.
Your target could be a Lookout, Forger, Witch, or Goetist.
Your target uses dark magic to manipulate and kill people. They must be a Goetist.

Changelog:
7/24/20 - Replaced 1-way Transporter mechanic with a 2-way one, cleaned up confusing wording, and added some flavor text.
Last edited by ImposterK on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Goetist (Neutral Killing)

Postby cob709 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:58 pm

This feels like a combined witch and Serial Killer.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:28 pm

ImposterK wrote:Goetist (Neutral Killing)

Abilities:
-Choose 2 people at night. Your first target's visitors will be redirected to your second target.
-Your second target will die the following night.

this is a delayed SK that can be a one way transporter

Attributes:
-Killing roles will not be redirected.
-You will be notified who you redirected but they won't.

killing roles not being redircted is a good thing because u never waste an attack on someone since they stay on orgianal target and you kill the second

its Overpowered because it has the same KPN as SK and doesnt even notify people when they are transported so TI never knows to not trust results or reverse them

Special Attributes:
Priority: 4

Other Information:
-You will only visit your targets the first night.

but why? thats dumb it counters LO and BG and vet your saying this gets astral visits the whole game after n1?
or do you mean the delayed attack doesnt count as a visit?

-Protecting and roleblocking roles will only stop the attack if they visit the night you visit.

which target though the first or second or both? and didnt you say you dont visit after n1?

also roleblock does not work like this they need to roleblock you not the target you visit and normal NK just attack the role blocker instead

Wins with:
Goetist
Survivor
Witch

Investigative Results:

its same KPN as SK and is oneway transporter with no weakness i cant see weakness this has that SK wouldnt have it being delayed is not bad or weakness since the target doesnt know they were visited unlike poisoner

Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ImposterK » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Responses underlined. Thanks for the feedback! (:
Mystoc wrote:
ImposterK wrote:Goetist (Neutral Killing)

Abilities:
-Choose 2 people at night. Your first target's visitors will be redirected to your second target.
-Your second target will die the following night.

this is a delayed SK that can be a one way transporter

Attributes:
-Killing roles will not be redirected.
-You will be notified who you redirected but they won't.

killing roles not being redircted is a good thing because u never waste an attack on someone since they stay on orgianal target and you kill the second

its Overpowered because it has the same KPN as SK and doesnt even notify people when they are transported so TI never knows to not trust results or reverse them

I believe the delayed kill mechanic and inability to kill n1 balances out for the 1 way silent Transporter and makes it different enough from SK.

Special Attributes:
Priority: 4

Other Information:
-You will only visit your targets the first night.

but why? thats dumb it counters LO and BG and vet your saying this gets astral visits the whole game after n1?
or do you mean the delayed attack doesnt count as a visit?
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that you won't visit the night you attack but you will visit the new targets you pick every night. For example: You pick Player1 and Player2 night 1. You'll visit both of them. The following night, you pick Player3 and Player4. You'll visit Player3 and Player4 but not Player1 and Player2 (even though Player1 and Player2 will die.

-Protecting and roleblocking roles will only stop the attack if they visit the night you visit.

which target though the first or second or both? and didnt you say you dont visit after n1?
Both. You will still visit after n1 but you won't visit your targets the second night after you pick them (I explained it better above.)
also roleblock does not work like this they need to roleblock you not the target you visit and normal NK just attack the role blocker instead
Protecting roles will only stop the attack if they visit your target the night you do. Roleblocking roles will stop your initial visit but will not stop your kill if you've already visited. Sorry for not making this obvious.

Wins with:
Goetist
Survivor
Witch

Investigative Results:

its same KPN as SK and is oneway transporter with no weakness i cant see weakness this has that SK wouldnt have it being delayed is not bad or weakness since the target doesnt know they were visited unlike poisoner

I was thinking about the delayed kill mechanic and whether it should be 1 night or 2 but I chose 1 since the drawbacks are significant and 2 nights would be too much in my opinion. A 1 night delayed kill mechanic gives the person that dies has an extra night to gather information. Also, the person that dies can potentially be lynched (wasting a kill), and if an important role is revealed that you need to kill, it takes longer for you to react. Another possible way to change it would be to notify the people if they were affected by this role; however I don't like this idea as it would make claiming Lookout harder.
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:49 pm

wait this visits both each night so it can be seen LO or stopped by TP if they visit any of the two targets?

so if they visit the first target they are redirected to target the second target and others can also visit second target as well so basicly you risking being seen or stopped twice?

if this is true then i take back what i said thats a major weakness SK doesnt have i would even say this makes the role super weak

this need to be a two transporter not just one way otherwise to weak nerf or make so you can only be stopped or seen by TI if they visit the second target

I also think your role is to vague i would clarify some parts, it has promise though of an evil transporter that kills the idea could work whats Goetist btw?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ImposterK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:41 am

Mystoc wrote:wait this visits both each night so it can be seen LO or stopped by TP if they visit any of the two targets?
Yes, if they visit Target1, they'll automatically visit Target2 instead.
so if they visit the first target they are redirected to target the second target and others can also visit second target as well so basicly you risking being seen or stopped twice?

if this is true then i take back what i said thats a major weakness SK doesnt have i would even say this makes the role super weak

this need to be a two transporter not just one way otherwise to weak nerf or make so you can only be stopped or seen by TI if they visit the second target
After some thinking, I agree with you. This role is twice as likely to be caught so I'm going to make it 2 way.
I also think your role is to vague i would clarify some parts, it has promise though of an evil transporter that kills the idea could work whats Goetist btw?
I'll clear things up, thanks! A goetist is someone who practices goety (dark magic).
ImposterK
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:58 pm

good changes now you need to find a way to nerf it in a diff way so it isnt a better SK,

maybe if the either of targets visit each other the first target doesn't die. and add the option to attack directly but then have to wait a night just some ideas
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas