Remember when Sheriff was nerf'd?

Post anything related to the game here!

Remember when Sheriff was nerf'd?

Postby cob709 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:53 am

I think I remember a time when Sheriff had more specific results, such as "Your target is a member of the Mafia!" or "Your target is a Serial Killer!", but now all sheriff gets is "suspicious/not suspicious".
Like, WHAT? There are only 2 outcomes possible for the Sheriff
Every other investigative role literally gets much more feedback from the game, but sheriff is just "yes or no" and I think it's stupid.
Why did Sheriff get nerf'd?

"suspicious/innocent" is also too vague. what is considered "innocent"? an executioner lynching a townie? an arsonist setting a fire?
I have an idea for buffing sheriff, but I want to know why it was nerf'd in the first place and if a buff is necessary.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Remember when Sheriff was nerf'd?

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:27 am

It was nerfed because it allowed town to target the evils better, which is a huge disadvantage for evils, especially the NK. (SK/WW)

Say sheriff finds the SK, while LO finds the MK..... Are you gonna lynch the sus guy, over the Mafioso? No. Are you gonna lynch the SK over the Mafioso? Yes. (well depending how many maf are already dead, but early game, yes, and late game too, if its not going to cost you majority)

Altho sherrif never did find the arso or the exe, he still finds the same evils he always did - mafia (except the GF), coven (except the necronomicon holder), SK and WW (on full moon nights) as well as anyone who was ever hexed, or framers target on framers targeting night.

Yea its kind of a weak role... I find most people checking obvious evils anyway, its more of a confirmation to 100% lynch a player who was at 90% anyway.... The strongest thing about it, is his claim and owning that role slot, in role list games.

In coven games the first 2 nights of innos can 100% confirm players as not coven, which is kind of stronger than finding evils, as its confirms townies, which makes the evils obvious... but most noobs dont use the role in that way, and prefer to remain silent until they randomly hit a ''sus''. (Like when i shot a no claiming sheriff n4 as vig and got told ''its meant to be a hidden role!!'' in dead chat) (or when I get pushed day 3 cos ''why would you want the sheriff to claim?'' - cos he can confirm 2 townies, 3 including himself!...duuuuh)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cob709 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:31 am

kyuss420 wrote:It was nerfed because it allowed town to target the evils better, which is a huge disadvantage for evils, especially the NK. (SK/WW)

Ah okay, so sheriff worked too much against NK roles, so it was debuff'd.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:09 am

Yeah, I think it makes sense that they would nerf the sheriff like that
i.e. it's already difficult to win as NK
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0

ImageImage
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout

Return to Town of Salem Discussion