Unity game is unplayable

Put any feedback about the game here.

Unity game is unplayable

Postby lepelke4 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:34 pm

I just played my first game in the Unity interface, and I think it will be my last one in a long while:
- Yes, I use onboard graphics, but it should not take a second to show the chat history. We are talking about a text-based game that is unplayable on one of the fastest CPUs on the market.
- Copy/paste from an external Window does not work. I do not want to use a crappy in-game editor that I have to prepopulate with a standard template every game.
- The chat log is a joke. It blocks important information, takes a few seconds to show up, scrolling is insanely slow (I need to turn my mouse wheel 5 times to go up one page, and it stutters when I drag the scroll bar)

Btw, congrats on the overhaul of elo calculations. I was arsonist and lost 3 elo in a LO/spy/trans/trans/ret/mayor game.
Last edited by lepelke4 on Fri May 29, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
lepelke4
Spy
Spy

Re: Unity game is unplayable

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:38 pm

I find that sometimes my clicks and typing are delayed/don't register when I'm playing on web unity. On steam it's fine, but web unity doesn't work as well. This is very annoying, especially because it can sometimes stop me from getting info out on time.
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Oduck » Fri May 29, 2020 6:52 am

Looks like I am done with the game also. Every game has an error, and after attempting 10 times with each locking up it looks like it is unplayable. I can't play on Steam because my computer is configured on 32bit and playing on an Iphone is not enjoyable. I'll check back periodically, but til then, GL!
Oduck
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby averagewizard » Fri May 29, 2020 11:53 pm

The new design is awful and I've asked multiple times for an option to be added to revert to the old design. Now that the web version has been ported over too, I have no way to continue playing with the old UI.
averagewizard

Postby Circi » Sat May 30, 2020 11:04 am

Agreed. Theres no way to zoom. If you click away from the tab the animations lag. In fact, everything lags. Game crashes half the time. No way to play at all.
Circi
Civilian
Civilian

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:56 pm

I did notice a long delay when pulling up chat history on web Unity, but I had assumed that would be fixed by the time the patch went live.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Return to Feedback