2nd Ranked TOS Tournament--open to ALL RANKED players

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: 2nd Ranked TOS Tournament--open to ALL RANKED players

Postby SwampRabbit » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:42 am

With a tiny bit of sadness and a lot of joy, COVID CLASH Town of Salem Tournament, ranked mode, has come to an end. Through the past 21 days we have had lots of laughs, lots of flaming, lots of arguments, and most of all lots of love for each other.

We have had extortion attempts and two confirmed cheaters. But, because of that, we have learned that the host has the cutest kid in the entire world, undeniably. We have had a ghost haunt us (you know who you are), and we have seen Kingmaker9999 live up to his name by becoming a master detective and hosting more games than every other player combined.

COVID CLASH became so much bigger than we ever anticipated and the rewards were expanded to reflect the exponentially higher number of players and games played. We had over 150 registered players and played 222 tournament games. We initially thought it would be good if we managed to play 30.

The prizes earned are as follows:

Master Champion: Kingmaker9999
Grand Champion: nsdavid
Top 30 Scores 1st place(Master Champion ineligible: nsdavid
Top 30 Scores 2nd place (Master Champion ineligible):azapf2277
Top 30 Scores 3rd place (Master Champion ineligible): ceibb
Master Mafia Player: Hopestar, Kluftobert (too close to call (0.27diff) so a tie)
Master Town Player: nsdavid
Master NE Player: Kingmaker9999
Master NK Player: ceibb
Most Games Played: Kingmaker9999

April Fool’s Challenge Town winner: ceibb
April Fool’s Challenge Mafia winners: Kingmaker9999, azapf2277, nsdavid, vsefoton

Mini popup winners:
#1 ilovewatermelons
#2 ceibb
#3 kbramk
#4 nsdavid
#5 vsefoton
#6 ilovewatermelons
#7 kingmaker9999

Congratulations to all the winners! Well played! Now let’s all get some well-deserved sleep and stay healthy while social-distancing!.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby woahah » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 am

rigged lol
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:51 am

woahah wrote:rigged lol

It wasn`t rigged -_-
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SwampRabbit » Tue May 19, 2020 12:17 pm

The start date for the Summer Ranked Tournament has been set. The fun starts at 6am CT (Chicago time zone) on May 23rd. To participate, you must have played at least 300 games of any game mode and join the discord server at https://discord.gg/VWcfQPU for full rules as well as communication and staging. If you have been banned from the discord server but would like to participate, DM me on this forum and let me know your discord name, and I will see about lifting the ban.

Upon joining the server, DM a discord server admin or moderator to be verified and assigned a role.

Good luck to everyone!
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Transcender » Tue May 19, 2020 12:20 pm

SwampRabbit wrote:The start date for the Summer Ranked Tournament has been set. The fun starts at 6am CT (Chicago time zone) on May 23rd. To participate, you must have played at least 300 games of any game mode and join the discord server at https://discord.gg/VWcfQPU for full rules as well as communication and staging. If you have been banned from the discord server but would like to participate, DM me on this forum and let me know your discord name, and I will see about lifting the ban.

Upon joining the server, DM a discord server admin or moderator to be verified and assigned a role.

Good luck to everyone!

this was totally directed at the people who were unjustly banned
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby SwampRabbit » Tue May 19, 2020 2:01 pm

There has been no one who has been unjustly banned from the server, but there are a few who were rightfully banned from the server but not banned from the tournaments, and I am in a generous mood today and willing to give another chance to those people.

But thank you for posting to complain, Jaiden. It reminds me why you were banned from the server.

To everyone else, keep in mind that this is NOT a BMG-sponsored event. This is a community-sponsored event. It will be run by players and fully funded by players. The rules are set by us and enforced by us.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Transcender » Tue May 19, 2020 2:56 pm

SwampRabbit wrote:There has been no one who has been unjustly banned from the server, but there are a few who were rightfully banned from the server but not banned from the tournaments, and I am in a generous mood today and willing to give another chance to those people.

But thank you for posting to complain, Jaiden. It reminds me why you were banned from the server.

To everyone else, keep in mind that this is NOT a BMG-sponsored event. This is a community-sponsored event. It will be run by players and fully funded by players. The rules are set by us and enforced by us.

you kicked me from a game for suggesting no names when it works better than a theme
2 other people were on my side too
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Flavorable » Tue May 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Google wrote:
SwampRabbit wrote:There has been no one who has been unjustly banned from the server, but there are a few who were rightfully banned from the server but not banned from the tournaments, and I am in a generous mood today and willing to give another chance to those people.

you kicked me from a game for suggesting no names when it works better than a theme

Let's keep the drama out of the forums.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Flavorable wrote:
Google wrote:

Let's keep the drama out of the forums.

that makes a change
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Shyyster » Sat May 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Waiting 40mins+ to gather people for a match isn't fun in the slightest. The whole idea of the tourney is nice and fun, but when you have to spam Discord begging to get folks to join and constantly advertising it kills the enjoyment/movitation of the tourney.

I would atleast suggest planning matches at certain times so players can log on at X time and immediately get into a series of lobbies alongside, while still retaining people ability to make their own matches if they can gather folks during peak playtime.

Thanks for the fun, but definitely won't be joining anymore tourneys. It's a headache.
Last edited by Shyyster on Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Transcender » Sat May 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Rabbit what did you do to these people im getting messages complaining about the event because your bs
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby SwampRabbit » Sat May 23, 2020 7:49 pm

For anyone interested in following the results, use the link below. 17 games were played today. Shyyster maybe your 0% win rate will increase if you played more.
And jaiden, which of your 50 forum accounts are they writing to or are your alts just writing to each other?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1888746982
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Mittani » Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Please don't take this as harassment or me trying to incite drama. I have zero wish to do that. I hold no grudge or ill-will towards anyone in the community. This is purely constructive criticism on the way your tournament is being run, my problems with it. And why I had left the server, tournament and won't be back (all only within the first 6 hours of start).

Allowing the TO's friends to get away with trolling and throwing matches ruined my excitement for this tournament. This is not to mention the toxicity in the discord and complete disregard for the harassment rules. Server discord admins, moderators and players complained about the 5+ hours chat spam from the TO's friends fighting and being completely toxic towards each other with nothing more than less than half an hours worth of a time out for the spammers.

I truly think that your heart is in the right place here, but you're allowing your friends to ruin what you clearly have spent a long time working on. The prize money is honestly, fairly large for a community driven tournament in a small social indie game. If I didn't notice that you clearly cared about the tournament you are hosting, i wouldn't be writing this response.

I can tell you guys have a very tight community here. A lot of people that try to speak out or speak their mind gets silenced, yelled at, or told to leave. This sets a precedent where people are afraid to speak out against you or your friends or the way things are going.

Luckily for you, i'm not tight with the community. Nor do i care about a circle-jerk or social hierarchy anyone in this community has in place. I'll tell you like it is and have no stake or care if you hate me over it.

If you wish to see proof of my claims. I have a folder of 38 screenshots of the discord chat and games where the TO has blatantly disregarded their own rules in favor for their long time friends. And proof of those friends admitting to throwing tournament matches for the fun of it. Many players raise concern, but we are told to report the trolling players in game instead of taking it up with the TO, by the TO. That to which we all know leads absolutely nowhere because the throwing players are just barely skirting around the already extremely lax TOS rules of gamethrowing.

This would not hold up in trials, for example;

A player verbally attacks many random townies day 2. The same player gets voted up for playing suspiciously, town asks them for VFR. The throwing player on the stand refuses to post a transporter will on the stand. Only claiming "transporter". Town guilties. Thrower gets a kick out of it because he just ruined the match and has immunity from the TO.

Another example; the same player pulls the same strategy of attacking random players day 2 in the chat. Gets voted up for VFR. Claims mayor but refuses to reveal. Gets hung for not revealing (x2).

What were we supposed to do otherwise? Execute or shoot the mayor that refuses to play the game or help his team? Play with a TS down the entire match? (In a tournament match). Allow that player to never get VFR'd and complete game immunity because they can now claim mayor as an evil role and not reveal and not be lynched or killed for it?

The same players then go and admit they were throwing and rub it in our faces in the discord which i also have proof of, and which the TO has also acknowledged and put their foot down saying that it's okay for her friend to ruin every match. These same throwers have also shown disregard for tournament theme naming rules and when the question was raised it was shrugged off.

Edit: No trial judge in the world would give absolutely any flummery about frequent trolling in CUSTOM-PRIVATE matches. This is why no one reported the players. And the precedent has already been set that if anyone has a problem with the trolls, then they have a problem with you. No judge is going to do tournament moderation for you. You know this, I know, the players know it, the trolls know it. This is why i raise my concern with you. To uphold the legitimacy of your own tournament

Edit:Edit:

SwampRabbit wrote: Shyyster maybe your 0% win rate will increase if you played more.

Shyvster's opinion was completely valid to share. Yet you attack Their* win rate in games where matches are being thrown by trolls.

Their* win rate has zero relation to them not being happy about how long it takes to find matches.

You can attack my win rate as well. When i was TP almost every game and died within the first 3 nights. And the way i played had ZERO effect on the outcome of my win but instead was dependent on wether your friends were throwing or not.
Last edited by Mittani on Sat May 23, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mittani
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Shyyster » Sat May 23, 2020 8:17 pm

SwampRabbit wrote:For anyone interested in following the results, use the link below. 17 games were played today. Shyyster maybe your 0% win rate will increase if you played more.

No duh?

Still doesn't resolve the issues I mention about games being difficult to start when they're completely random. Not worth the effort of continuing in a tourney that lacks control, both gamewise and playerwise.

Mittani wrote: This is not to mention the toxicity in the discord and complete disregard for the harassment rules.

To add my 2 cents on the toxicity within the tourney Discord, one person in the discord made NUMEROUS comments towards another player that they should kill themselves in real life and such. Jane stood by and let the harassment go on for way longer than it should had before a Mod in the server voiced their disagreement at what was being said, which then resulted in the player being muted, at that point it was too late since the person left to avoid any further harassment. There is history between the two people in the situation, but as a organizer Jane should had definitely stepped up sooner and more effectively in dealing with the harassment in a better way as the organizer.

Shyvster's opinion was completely valid to share. yet you attack her win rate in games where matches are being thrown by trolls.

I'm a dude by the way.
Last edited by Shyyster on Sat May 23, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Transcender » Sat May 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Jane has player bias btw
Like, almost laughable
dont join this if you wish to preserve your sanity
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby SwampRabbit » Sat May 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Mittani, my dude. As I reminded you on discord, if you think someone has thrown a game, report it. Rule 4.2 of the tournament rules plainly states that no admins will entertain any complaints about what happens in games without reports on it. Not one report was filed on any game. And, despite your personal objections, a mayor not revealing on the stand is not game-throwing. You may not like the game play style, but it is not game throwing.

Also, as you know if you paid any attention, I spent most of today working on adding everyone to the database and entering data, not reading discord. I am not a babysitter for a bunch of teens/adults on discord nor will I be. I have TEN admins/mods to handle discord issues. I did notice that I had 2 mods not acting right today, and that has been dealt with.

You act like this is the first tournament we have run just because it is the first you played. This is our THIRD tournament this year. We know what works and what does not work concerning tournaments happening. Many people have attempted to hold tournaments and failed miserably. We have never had a failed one because we do not insist on using methods that have been shown to fail miserably.

While I was working on the database, there was about 20 people spamming discord with bullshit, and we created the drama channel so that you and the others could rant at each other to your hearts' content.

But one thing that we will never do is call bad game play game-throwing, and that seems to be your main concern is that the advisory board did not declare that a mayor not revealing (but claiming) on the stand was game throwing.

@shyyster lobbies fill in about 5 minutes. I know you hosted one game and you gave no one invite powers so that ofc would take longer to fill. And like I told mittani above, this is the third tournament, not our first, so we know what we are doing and what works and what does not. But we appreciate all the interest that you take in trying to shit all over something that you played in 2 games of, when our tournaments have held over 350 games in total this year. Now go back to annoying me on the trial discord because I rarely log onto the forum, so I will not see any more of your "insight".
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Shyyster » Sat May 23, 2020 8:35 pm

SwampRabbit wrote:@shyyster lobbies fill in about 5 minutes.

No they don't Jane and you know that.

Lobbies definitely don't take 5 minutes to fill and I can go back to your server to pull up all of my chat logs of me begging folks to join one match which took 40mins+ just to fill. That's not even considering waiting for lobbies to finish up games due to nobody being interested in starting a new lobby which is another problem I ran into while waiting instead of hosting my own.

SwampRabbit wrote:I know you hosted one game and you gave no one invite powers so that ofc would take longer to fill.

I gave everyone who joined my lobbies invite powers, so no idea why you making such a false claim. Sad how poor you take criticism, I expect no less though.

EDIT:

One thing I can give you credit on is not denying our opinions on the toxicity within your Discord. Kudos on that.
Last edited by Shyyster on Sat May 23, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Transcender » Sat May 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Swamp you dont know what youre doing i can tell you that for certain
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Scrappydoo » Sat May 23, 2020 8:55 pm

I think it depends on the time of day maybe. I played in several games this morning and they all filled quickly. Sometimes so quickly, I did not get to participate. I think you just got unlucky with the time that you hosted, and you do have to ping the server to let people know. Giving people invite powers helps as well.

You do not have to participate (insert yourself in the drama) in the discord server to play in the game. Just watch for the pings and ask to be added and you should be okay to play. This is the third tournament server I have been a member of, and the only one that was able to successfully run tournaments. It is a complicated and difficult task to undertake, and there seem to be many people waiting to undermine it as soon as it begins.
Scrappydoo
Survivor
Survivor

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sat May 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Shyyster the reason your lobby took that long to fill was because you tried to host a match while most people were taking a break and like one of the deadest times of the day. The main problem here is the fact that I guess your schedule didn't align with the schedule of most of the other players, at least today. If you don't wanna play in a tournament where you can't play on your own schedule 100% of the time then you don't have to but this tourney is literally the best there is.
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Shyyster » Sat May 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Scrappydoo wrote: I think you just got unlucky with the time that you hosted.

Whole issue that I'm talking about. It's a tourney, people shouldn't be unlucky in getting into matches.

Giving people invite powers helps as well.

Don't believe Jane's bullshit. I gave everyone invite powers and pinged everyone in the Discord channel when I was given Host role. You can check yourself by searching my username.

the only one that was able to successfully run tournaments.

Been tourneys ran successfully in the past, Lunamarik and Monkee both created a tourney back in 2018 and ran it succesfully.

CrimsonKatana wrote:Shyyster the reason your lobby took that long to fill was because you tried to host a match while most people were taking a break

No, I hosted my own game HOURS after everyone called for a break, I even went on break myself. When I started my own game to host, I believe Kass aka BabyDragonTamer was hosting their own game or in one which delayed it a bit and understandable, but when their game ended we still had to spam Discord for folks to join our lobby when Kass's lobby/game ended.

The main problem here is the fact that I guess your schedule didn't align with the schedule of most of the other players, at least today. If you don't wanna play in a tournament where you can't play on your own schedule 100% of the time then you don't have to but this tourney is literally the best there is.

It doesn't have to align on my schedule, I'm not that self-centered to expect lobbies to fill when it's convenient for me.

All I would like is a agreed upon times that players can come on and expect to find people to fill a lobby instead of having to guess when would be a good time or be on Discord 24/7 waiting for pings to start a tourney game.

It makes no sense for a tourney not to have atleast one agreed time slot so that folks can schedule around it, and have a chance of participating in the tourney. That's all I'm saying.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Scrappydoo » Sat May 23, 2020 9:27 pm

I'm sorry the tournament didn't work out for you.
Scrappydoo
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Sat May 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Scrappydoo wrote:I'm sorry the tournament didn't work out for you.

Same. I was excited for it and even practiced in Ranked days before it so I wouldn't be rusty when competing.

The fact that the tourney had so many games played when it started at 7am Est. shows that having a set time for some matches would benefit players, instead of how matches are currently put together.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby SwampRabbit » Sat May 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Shyyster wrote:

Same. I was excited for it and even practiced in Ranked days before it so I wouldn't be rusty when competing.

The fact that the tourney had so many games played when it started at 7am Est. shows that having a set time for some matches would benefit players, instead of how matches are currently put together.

Really, you were excited for it is why you were shitting all over it in the trial discord 3 or 4 days ago. You are fooling no one.

As to why we do not set specific times--EVERY tournament attempted with set times has failed miserably--most of them without one game ever having been played. Ask Talon. He put so much work into his, but when it came time for people to commit to playing at certain times, they would not commit and not one game was played, except for one daily that started 2 weeks prior to his tournament start date. Or ask Piper, who has been in two tournaments that failed without a game being played.

We do however, have a discord server where you can see who is online before attempting to set a match and you have the entire mod/admin team with nearly every tournament player on our tos friends list so we can see who is on tos and available. I know that you did not give people invite powers because the three players asking me to log on to fill the last spot could not invite me. And after about 5 minutes, they got someone to send an invite, and we waited several more minutes because you (the host) was not paying attention or afk or whatever and did not start the game for several more minutes.

But you could not possibly know any of this stuff because you have not played in, let alone ran any tournament. But we have, and we know what works and what does not.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Shyyster » Sat May 23, 2020 10:10 pm

SwampRabbit wrote:
Shyyster wrote:

Really, you were excited for it is why you were shitting all over it in the trial discord 3 or 4 days ago. You are fooling no one.

Saying that your tourneys are filled with salt isn't really shitting all over it. Already been massive amounts of salt from people losing matches and accusing others of GTing when they didn't(That one dude accusing Kass of throwing).

EDIT: To prove my point, here is the chat logs from Discord of Jane talking about me "shitting" all over the tourney.

So yeah...you even invited me to join your little tourney in your little hissyfit :Shrug: . I joined, disliked how matches are setup, and left.

I know that you did not give people invite powers because the three players asking me to log on to fill the last spot could not invite me. And after about 5 minutes, they got someone to send an invite,

Yeah stop with the bullshit. The only people who couldn't invite in my lobby was maryanne19 and BlueSkyGirl due to some bug/glitch that prevented me from giving them invite powers. I even gave host powers to maryanne19 to see if that would fix the situation, it didn't.

and we waited several more minutes because you (the host) was not paying attention or afk or whatever and did not start the game for several more minutes.

Bullshit again. We started exactly when you joined.

As to why we do not set specific times--EVERY tournament attempted with set times has failed miserably--most of them without one game ever having been played. Ask Talon. He put so much work into his, but when it came time for people to commit to playing at certain times, they would not commit and not one game was played,

And this here is a proper rebuttal to my issues with the tourney. If set specific times don't work due to players and staff not being able to properly do it, then your tourney isn't for me where I have to guess what is the best time for hosting/joining a lobby.

Best of luck for those continuing that tourney though.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Town of Salem Discussion