Appeal for Andy

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal for Andy

Postby AndyUp » Fri May 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Hello Town of Salem,

I do apologize for the potential reduplication, but I wasn't sure my first post made it through. John Proctor of a prior game, per my ban report, asked that I be banned on the grounds of hate speech/harassment. In looking at the report, I surmise Mr. Proctor's annoyance arises from the fact he, a confirmed Town member, continued to attempt to hang me, a confirmed Town member, despite his not being an Executioner. While Town (myself included) initially attempted to ignore, Mr. Proctor's repeated vaunting of this desire, despite more and more Town members clearing me, verifying me as Town, began to interfere so much with the game that we chose to hang. While perhaps testy and imprudent, I do believe Mr. Proctor's invasive behavior warranted such measures, and I do not believe that my actions constituted hate speech or harassment.

Cordially,
Andy
AndyUp
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appeal for Andy

Postby TrialBot » Sat May 23, 2020 12:45 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sat May 23, 2020 9:24 am

You wanted to lynch the confirmed veteran "for being an idiot". The report would be guilty for gamethrowing as well, as you firstly asked the town to hang you when you were instead, then wanted to have a confirmed townie lynched. The "for being an idiot" part would be the cause of the reason "harassment".
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AndyUp » Sat May 23, 2020 9:59 am

Hello Jerme,

Thank you for the explanation. I did say "Alright hang me/Bodyguard isn't much good dead," which I thought conveyed my role clearly and succinctly, as well as employed a bit of sarcasm. I did not realize it would be taken as earnest plea to be hanged, since I was immediately voted down from the gallows and the rest of the roster, Mr. Proctor aside, interpreted it correctly as sarcasm. I apologize for that. I will watch my language from here on out - having been called far worse in games, at times deservedly, at times not so - I didn't realize idiot would be so grave. I apologize there as well.
In terms of asking for the Vet's lynching, it was only if possible after the Town had locked down the win. I truly didn't think anyone would take "Alright hang me/Bodyguard isn't much good dead" as a sincere request to lynch a bodyguard.
AndyUp
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby AndyUp » Sat May 23, 2020 10:20 am

So when we lynched the Vet, the Town was never in danger of losing.

While my suspension is set to expire soon, I do ask that it be reconsidered, because "Alright hang me/Bodyguard isn't much good dead," along the will "N1: 3/Hojack" and "Bodyguard here" while already up on the gallows hardly seems like an earnest request to be lynched. I was informing the Town that if they were to proceed with hanging me, what the result would be: a useless bodyguard. The only reason I ended up on the gallows was having an early number in vote-for-role. I had previously neither said nor done anything to cast any suspicion upon myself. I expressed my annoyance with the tactic with an answer that indicated what would happen if they hanged me and nobody but Mr. Proctor understood those statements as sincere, earnest requests to be hanged.
AndyUp
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Aureolin1 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:12 pm

Stalling the game is also considered to fall under the HS/H category. Wasting time to lynch someone in this manner only serves to prolong the game unnecessarily for the other players.
Aureolin1
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby AndyUp » Sat May 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Thank you for explaining, Aureolin1. I wouldn't have guessed that extending the game would equate to harassment, so I appreciate the information. In this game, I did ask everyone first and they were free to refuse or to not vote up Mr. Proctor, the Veteran, or to not vote him guilty. While I recognize this was unkind to Mr. Proctor, I was upset that he kept attempting to rally people to report me for game-throwing when only he had understood "Alright hang me/Bodyguard isn't much good dead/N1: 3/Hojack (my will)/Bodyguard here" as being motivated by a desire to be lynched as a Townie. How quickly I was voted down from the gallows speaks to the play's effectiveness. I will also point out to the other Townies' confusion as to what he wanted me reported for as evidence that no one else saw that as an attempt to throw. And the truth is, Mr. Proctor's repeated insistence that I was throwing put him so at odds with the Town members that the majority elected to lynch him.
I like to play clean games and I regret my annoyance at Mr. Proctor, but I didn't want an unfair report of game-throwing when that was not my intention, nor did I get myself lynched. My comments led everyone to vote me down and while I respect the rules and the behaviors these serve to promote and curb, I do not feel that I violated these sufficiently so as to warrant a suspension. I will refrain from criticizing other players from now on, though as I mentioned, having been called far worse by other players justifiably and unjustifiably frustrated with me, I didn't think that would go so beyond the pale. For this I apologize.
While my suspension has ended and a decision may at this point only be symbolic, I do ask for the consideration of the full scope of circumstances in my case. I appreciate your attention to and consideration of this matter.
AndyUp
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:58 am

Apologies for the delay in response to your appeal.

Unfortunately two instances in this game fall under the report reasoning, and therefor makes the report valid.

Report is valid and valid suspensions cannot be appealed.

Appeal denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals