VIP for 2 weeks

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

VIP for 2 weeks

Postby leveria » Fri May 08, 2020 9:54 am

Dear All,

We - VIP lovers - only login every other week to play VIP, it's sad to see the weekend ruined because coven is now free and we have a lot of new players who gamethrow or don't know how the game works. While we're happy to have many new joiners, it's not fair that VIP mode will end in few days.. I didn't have a decent game since tuesday...

I personally suggest if we can extend VIP this time around so new joiners gets the hang of it + old players get to play it too. We try to give feedback after eachgame so new joiners know what's going on like (you can't say VIP name, there is only ONE psychic, CL have to control someone TO a location) and simple tips that they currently don't know..

THANK YOU.
The V I P herself.
leveria
Civilian
Civilian

Re: VIP for 2 weeks

Postby Crona111 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:14 am

So what if Lovers gamemode falls under a free weekend? this doesn't apply to that, does it? It makes no sense to do that just because somebody likes a certain gamemode
Damn I'm too lazy to add anything.

If you see "Purple Popcorn" in your game I love you.
Crona111
Witch
Witch

Postby leveria » Fri May 08, 2020 4:06 pm

Technically you're right, except you can't really gamethrow everyone's game unintentionally in lovers mode. However, in VIP unintentional gamethrow is a mass-gamethrow for most of the players within a game.
leveria
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Crona111 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:39 pm

leveria wrote:Technically you're right, except you can't really gamethrow everyone's game unintentionally in lovers mode. However, in VIP unintentional gamethrow is a mass-gamethrow for most of the players within a game.

You can gamethrow in any mode, really.

Crona111
Witch
Witch

Postby leveria » Sat May 09, 2020 5:45 am

Maybe I didn't explain what I meant clearly. If you gamethrow in lovers, it's either you gamethrowing you own game (if you're solo) or you're gamethrowing yours & your lovers.

In VIP if you gamethrow, you gamethrow for at least 10 other players as you all share a common goal and the game becomes unplayable. Also if you gamethrow as a coven, the game is ruined for everyone else because it ends in d2...

Gamethrowing happens everywhere, the point is; the impact is much higher in a game where most of players have one single common goal.
leveria
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Crona111 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:03 pm

leveria wrote:Maybe I didn't explain what I meant clearly. If you gamethrow in lovers, it's either you gamethrowing you own game (if you're solo) or you're gamethrowing yours & your lovers.

In VIP if you gamethrow, you gamethrow for at least 10 other players as you all share a common goal and the game becomes unplayable. Also if you gamethrow as a coven, the game is ruined for everyone else because it ends in d2...

Gamethrowing happens everywhere, the point is; the impact is much higher in a game where most of players have one single common goal.

That still doesn't justify extending VIP, considering any game can be thrown by malicious town members. If you throw in Ranked/Ranked practice as town you throw for 9 people also. Throwing as Mafia/Coven throws for 4 people, and hurts the chances of an already underdog faction.

Crona111
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:39 am

I agree with OP
free weekends shouldnt fall during VIP week, It is not a mode for beginners, with 1 wrong play resulting in a loss 90% of the time.

Lovers mode is more of a random crapfest until late game, and is much better suited towards beginners, as they could win with a bit of luck, and may even have a lover to guide them through their role.

Probly 50% of the VIP player base only play during VIP week, with a lot of the regulars disappearing in the off week, with a free weekend, its like throwing 100 players with no idea of role mechanics, into the mix of masters ranked. In turn they get steamrolled and go away with a bad experience of the mode and the DLC. It also keeps the regulars out of the game for an extra 3 days.

Personally I play AA in the off week, because, while lovers is a faster game, if I add the queueing time, I still get 1 match of AA in the same time i get 1 match of lovers, except the majority of the time is spent playing and not waiting in lobby. AA also helps me to (anti?)scum read town roles, which helps a lot in VIP at times
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby leveria » Sun May 10, 2020 7:30 am

Crona111 wrote:
leveria wrote:Maybe I didn't explain what I meant clearly. If you gamethrow in lovers, it's either you gamethrowing you own game (if you're solo) or you're gamethrowing yours & your lovers.

That still doesn't justify extending VIP, considering any game can be thrown by malicious town members. If you throw in Ranked/Ranked practice as town you throw for 9 people also. Throwing as Mafia/Coven throws for 4 people, and hurts the chances of an already underdog faction.

Hi Crona,

I'm not sure if you get my point about impact and number of players. VIP is once every 2 weeks, while the games you mentioned 1) has less magnitude on the impact of gamethrowing because maximum 4 players game is ruined in terms of mafia, and if town it's not 9 players gamethrow as there is not one single person they need to protect 2) can be played any time any day 3) Newbies can't play ranked before mastering practice (10 or 30 games I don't remember)

all of the above isn't applying to VIP game.. 1) if u snitch who VIP is, 2 coven can attack him and they instantly die 2) can be played every other week.. 3) all newbies can now play it for free, gamethrowing who VIP is and ruining it for everyone's game because they don't understand the rules of this specific mode
leveria
Civilian
Civilian

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Mon May 11, 2020 9:14 am

I agree with both sides here, in that VIP isn't a beginner-friendly mode and that VIP shouldn't be extended. Maybe there should be a system in place where people new to the rotating gamemodes need to read the rules of said gamemode before they can play it (eg. outing the VIP is reportable if you are town, killing your own lover in lover's mode is also reportable under most circumstances). I know this won't fully solve the problem and there will still be many people who don't read the rules or just skim over them, but people who genuinely want to play and have a good experience will probably be more willing to read the rules.
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Crona111 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:38 pm

leveria wrote:
Crona111 wrote:

Hi Crona,

I'm not sure if you get my point about impact and number of players. VIP is once every 2 weeks, while the games you mentioned 1) has less magnitude on the impact of gamethrowing because maximum 4 players game is ruined in terms of mafia, and if town it's not 9 players gamethrow as there is not one single person they need to protect 2) can be played any time any day 3) Newbies can't play ranked before mastering practice (10 or 30 games I don't remember)

all of the above isn't applying to VIP game.. 1) if u snitch who VIP is, 2 coven can attack him and they instantly die 2) can be played every other week.. 3) all newbies can now play it for free, gamethrowing who VIP is and ruining it for everyone's game because they don't understand the rules of this specific mode

I completely understand what you're saying, completely, but none of that justifies extending the gamemode because one person likes it and new people don't understand it 100%. It's just something you're going to need to deal with, whether or not you like it or not, as new people not completely understanding everything is common in literally every game ever that you can play with others. Gamethrowing is an issue with everything, and even if Coven knows who VIP is there's an abundance of Town Protective that can kill any Coven that does try. VIP, infact, shouldn't be cared about as much as others when thinking about throwing, because in other gamemodes, like Ranked, you can actually lose Elo and shit, while with VIP it's just "ooh Coven knows who VIP is lets NOT kill them because the a million crusadors, trappers and bodyguards will murder us."

TL;DR, there's literally no reason to extend VIP mode just because you like it better.

Crona111
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:39 am

Crona111 wrote:I completely understand what you're saying, completely, but none of that justifies extending the gamemode because one person likes it and new people don't understand it 100%. It's just something you're going to need to deal with, whether or not you like it or not, as new people not completely understanding everything is common in literally every game ever that you can play with others. Gamethrowing is an issue with everything, and even if Coven knows who VIP is there's an abundance of Town Protective that can kill any Coven that does try. VIP, infact, shouldn't be cared about as much as others when thinking about throwing, because in other gamemodes, like Ranked, you can actually lose Elo and shit, while with VIP it's just "ooh Coven knows who VIP is lets NOT kill them because the a million crusadors, trappers and bodyguards will murder us."

TL;DR, there's literally no reason to extend VIP mode just because you like it better.

revealing vip day 1, means dead vip n1. If you dont know how to bypass TPs, or prefer to stay alive over killing the Vip, then youre shitty at playing the coven.
Coven leaving day 1/gamethrowing makes it a shit game, even if you win as town...
town revealing day 1-2 makes it a shit game, even if you win as coven....
coven targeting anything other than TPs, means coven will lose

coven being scared of TPs will not win, any half decent coven player knows that, ive never seen a coven win by not targeting TPs

TL:DR, Vip mode is crap on free weekends, with 80% of the players not knowing how to ''town'' let alone how to ''coven''.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Crona111 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:31 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
Crona111 wrote:I completely understand what you're saying, completely, but none of that justifies extending the gamemode because one person likes it and new people don't understand it 100%. It's just something you're going to need to deal with, whether or not you like it or not, as new people not completely understanding everything is common in literally every game ever that you can play with others. Gamethrowing is an issue with everything, and even if Coven knows who VIP is there's an abundance of Town Protective that can kill any Coven that does try. VIP, infact, shouldn't be cared about as much as others when thinking about throwing, because in other gamemodes, like Ranked, you can actually lose Elo and shit, while with VIP it's just "ooh Coven knows who VIP is lets NOT kill them because the a million crusadors, trappers and bodyguards will murder us."

revealing vip day 1, means dead vip n1. If you dont know how to bypass TPs, or prefer to stay alive over killing the Vip, then youre shitty at playing the coven.
Coven leaving day 1/gamethrowing makes it a shit game, even if you win as town...
town revealing day 1-2 makes it a shit game, even if you win as coven....
coven targeting anything other than TPs, means coven will lose

coven being scared of TPs will not win, any half decent coven player knows that, ive never seen a coven win by not targeting TPs

TL:DR, Vip mode is crap on free weekends, with 80% of the players not knowing how to ''town'' let alone how to ''coven''.

You just suck at selecting the VIP as crusador if your VIP dies N1. None of this justifies extending VIP still, considering, guess what, not everyone loves VIP only.

Crona111
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:27 am

you fail to realise that coven leader is a thing? If youre not on the crus n1, you suck as CL, crusader is never on the VIP n1 if coven has a brain
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Mon May 18, 2020 5:35 am

honestly free coven weekends should stray from the usual vip/lover thing and have one day of each, because 2 weeks per gamemode will make mean you have to wait half a month to play a gamemode you want to play
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:57 am

Google wrote:honestly free coven weekends should stray from the usual vip/lover thing and have one day of each, because 2 weeks per gamemode will make mean you have to wait half a month to play a gamemode you want to play

and with a 2nd free weekend this weekend, its now a month i have to wait for decent weekend of VIP....
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Google wrote:honestly free coven weekends should stray from the usual vip/lover thing and have one day of each, because 2 weeks per gamemode will make mean you have to wait half a month to play a gamemode you want to play

and with a 2nd free weekend this weekend, its now a month i have to wait for decent weekend of VIP....

yeah but also people wont play on the weekdays if they want lovers
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:06 am

Google wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:

half the VIP crew dont play during Lovers week already :P
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Thu May 21, 2020 4:29 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Google wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:

half the VIP crew dont play during Lovers week already :P

Exactly, extending it longer means people will lose interest
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:32 am

I've always thought about suggesting this but I don't think it will be implemented or anything since I'm sure there's more that would be needed to make it happen than I know of.
What if VIP and Lovers were made into separate queues, so you didn't need to wait until your preferred mode rotated in?
signature

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Transcender » Thu May 21, 2020 4:34 am

KAKERMAN23 wrote:I've always thought about suggesting this but I don't think it will be implemented or anything since I'm sure there's more that would be needed to make it happen than I know of.
What if VIP and Lovers were made into separate queues, so you didn't need to wait until your preferred mode rotated in?

The playerbase would split, not enough players
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:06 pm

Descender wrote:
KAKERMAN23 wrote:I've always thought about suggesting this but I don't think it will be implemented or anything since I'm sure there's more that would be needed to make it happen than I know of.

not enough for Lovers mode maybe.....
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Fri May 22, 2020 5:04 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Descender wrote:

not enough for Lovers mode maybe.....

..and isnt there a new rotating gamemode coming?
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:19 am

In my opinion, TT should be separate from Lovers and VIP. This is mostly due to the fact that there is also a classic TT, and classic doesn't have any rotating gamemodes.
signature

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Transcender » Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 am

KAKERMAN23 wrote:In my opinion, TT should be separate from Lovers and VIP. This is mostly due to the fact that there is also a classic TT, and classic doesn't have any rotating gamemodes.

that gives TT players something to play when its out of rotation though
for 2 weeks they play classic, then they go to coven for the third week
i think thats better than just always splitting the community
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:20 am

Descender wrote:
KAKERMAN23 wrote:In my opinion, TT should be separate from Lovers and VIP. This is mostly due to the fact that there is also a classic TT, and classic doesn't have any rotating gamemodes.

that gives TT players something to play when its out of rotation though
for 2 weeks they play classic, then they go to coven for the third week
i think thats better than just always splitting the community

yes, so we can all be reminded how shit playing classic is
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Next

Return to Suggestions