Retributionist change

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Retributionist change

Postby Sibuscus » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:11 am

It was St. John the Divine that said "None of the dead come back. But, some stay". So, it got me thinking. There's been an ongoing request to nerf the Retributionist, so I thought I'd share my idea.
The retributionist can resurrect, however, the resurrected person has limited powers. They cannot vote, be killed(As they are a ghost), whisper or use their abilities at night. They can just talk and that's pretty much it. They'd be like a ghost. They'd be like a dead person, but instead of talking to other deads, they talk to alive ones. If they are the only town left, along with mafia, then Mafia wins and so on. So, if there was a Mafia, SK, and the resurrected townie, then SK would win. This is just an idea, I don't have the mechanics or anything figured out, I'm just laying out the cores. Maybe they'd be allowed to say up to 5 sentences each with a limit of 25 characters or something If this still might be considered OP. This might take a while to code, but ToS is a lazy internet game. If I lose connection for just a fraction of a second, I'm out of the game forever. We can all agree this game needs a rework. I mean, it's 2020, come on.
Sibuscus

Re: Retributionist change

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:09 am

Hi. Retributionist has been suggested with a bunch of reworks(infact it probably is the most requested role to be reworked, there's even a megathread somewhere for them but i'm too lazy to grab it), but the devs don't care, so threads like these are redundant.

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby CrimsonKatana » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:39 am

Idk how you can say the devs don't care when retri is already on the list of future changes coming soon. The best change imo would be to just take it out of ranked and ranked practice.
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 pm

The megathread: Retri re-work options
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Sibuscus » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:04 pm