Redesigning The Interface

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Redesigning The Interface

Postby LivingInStevenage » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:05 am

Hi all,

I love the game and play it a lot. I, however, find the interface very clunky. This is probably due to the nature of flash itself. I also find Steam games on Mac similarly clunky, so am loathed to try that version out (can't without purchasing). We should be able to move wills, notes and other items around so they don't overlap while we're trying to copy things down. Copying and pasting doesn't work well. All text needs to be selectable and copiable. The interface needs a richer control set, such as right-click options, perhaps for whispering and other player interactions.

All the custom setups are very difficult to find 15 players. So, in the lobby, it'd be good if we could add friends right there so we can better coordinate with others who are interested in those variants. We should also be able to group friends with tags about their interests. Like... these 7 friends like "Dracula's Palace" or whatever. These tags could be added by the users themselves... or perhaps automatically added / suggested by what they play. Maybe at the end of a game it'd ask players if they want to "like" the variant.

TL;DR: Wherever you see a player's name, you should be able to right-click and add as a friend.

Thanks,
LivingInStevenage
LivingInStevenage
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Redesigning The Interface

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:40 am

I agree with most of the first paragraph, though the second one confuses me. Mind explaining further?
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby LivingInStevenage » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:01 am

Even the functionality of this board is awful... I just wrote a long reply and, on hitting "preview", I was taken back to logging in. After logging in, I lost the text. Utterly infuriating. These guys desperately need UX people to fix everything.
LivingInStevenage
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LivingInStevenage » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:07 am

Does anyone ever read this? By that I mean staff as opposed to some who has played the game 8 times.
LivingInStevenage
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:26 am

First and foremost: It's already well-known that the game's web version is being worked on to get ported to Unity. All the other OG suggestions are quality of life, all of which are definitely on hold for the time being.

As for the forum: The problem you're describing, I've personally never seen. Though this is something that happens if your browser clears its own cookies every so often, meaning it will log you out when the cookies are cleared. Regardless, that's a browser-thing, not a forum-thing.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Suggestions