The Snitch (neutral evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

The Snitch (neutral evil)

Postby stealthking » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:30 pm

Basic Defense

Abilities: investigate 3 players every night

Attributes: at the end of the night, you will be told if each of the three players you investigated is another snitch. If a player you investigated is not a snitch, you will not receive any information about them beyond “this person is not a snitch” If you are the only snitch alive, you become a serial killer.

Goal: get all the other snitches lynched and become a serial killer.

Investigative results

Sheriff: this person seems innocent

Investigator: this person is either a sheriff an exe a werewolf or a snitch

Snitch: this person is a snitch and wants to lynch you!

Notes: No game can ever start with exactly one Snitch. Either there are no snitches or there are at least two. If two or more snitches are alive at the end of the game, none of them win. Also, even though I have the Snitch turning into a serial killer, there could also be a brand new neutral killing role for the snitch to turn into (like how the plague bearer has the pestilence).
stealthking
Jester
Jester

Re: The Snitch (neutral evil)

Postby PikamanUltra » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:41 am

This is actually a decent idea, but I can't see it working in the balance.
If you push someone up, they get lynched, and it's revealed they're a snitch, you're basically confirmed as snitch, which means you might become sk, which means you get lynched.
Maybe you just win if you're the last snitch standing? That way town has no need to lynch anyone who pushes up snitches.
It's like if pb had a role that they had to lynch, if you push them up, they'll likely be lynched and when they are, you're confirmed pb, pb might become pest so it gets lynched.
Check out my role ideas lol,
Nurse
Devil's advocate
Engineer
Telepath
Firefighter

Btw they're not all town lol
I currently go by as CovenNineteen, but when the pandemics over I'll change back to my usual, which is Postwillandrole
PikamanUltra
Witch
Witch

Postby stealthking » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:11 pm

The risk of town lynching you after they lynch the other snitches is kind of by design. It forces you to be more subtle in how you target the other snitches. If you just made it “last one standing wins” the role would basically just be an exe that is targeting other exes, and I imagine a lot of people would just out themselves and say “if you help me take out the other snitch, I’ll vote with town” this is something executioners already do, and it’d be even easier for a snitch, since their target isn’t a town role.

A change I could make is to take away the investigative ability (instead, the snitches would know who eachother are the same way an exe knows who its target is) and replace it with a framer ability that you can only use three times in the game. That way, you can get a snitch lynched by staying out of the spotlight and having a sheriff do your dirty work. Would that be better?
stealthking
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:38 pm

Serial Killer is too weak to be something you have to work to transform into. This definitely needs a stronger final form, or even an automatic win for the last snitch left alive.

I like the idea of a role that's solely an enemy of its own kind, though.

I'm not sure what the best way for the snitches to "target" each other would be, but I'll just point out that giving the snitches no ability and no information about who each other are would work just fine, and would make them even more disruptive to the town in some ways (because they'd be trying to lynch everyone else indiscriminately).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby stealthking » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Transforming into sk is essentially a placeholder. like I said, we could also create a brand new nk role for the snitch to turn into, I just can’t think of what to make that role
stealthking
Jester
Jester

Postby PikamanUltra » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:09 pm

The Gossiper (NK)
Goal: Kill anyone who will oppose you.
Ability: Choose a target to gossip about
Attributes: The person you gossip about will kill themselves the next night.
Your target will be blackmailed.
When your target is gossiped, they will show up as suspicious for the sherrif and a gossiper to the investigator
When your target dies, it will be displayed that. 'Nobody cared to check what their role was'
This might not be great, just something I thought of on the spot, but I think it might be the solution to filling in SK?
Check out my role ideas lol,
Nurse
Devil's advocate
Engineer
Telepath
Firefighter

Btw they're not all town lol
I currently go by as CovenNineteen, but when the pandemics over I'll change back to my usual, which is Postwillandrole
PikamanUltra
Witch
Witch

Postby Brilliand » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:09 pm

PikamanUltra wrote:This might not be great, just something I thought of on the spot, but I think it might be the solution to filling in SK?

I like the theme, but I think it's still too weak for a difficult transformation.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas