GA change and a new direct counter role

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

GA change and a new direct counter role

Postby PikamanUltra » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Guardian Angel change: Your target is always a town member.
New role: Devil’s advocate: Exactly the same as guardian angel but it’s target is always maf, coven, NE or NK
Check out my role ideas lol,
Nurse
Devil's advocate
Engineer
Telepath
Firefighter

Btw they're not all town lol
I currently go by as CovenNineteen, but when the pandemics over I'll change back to my usual, which is Postwillandrole
PikamanUltra
Witch
Witch

Re: GA change and a new direct counter role

Postby Brilliand » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:40 pm

So, to simplify this... you're proposing that the Guardian Angel be told at the start of D1 whether their target is town or not?

I don't see any benefit in this change. The Guardian Angel needing to figure out whether their target is town isn't too burdensome (usually they can just whisper anyway).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PikamanUltra » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:12 am

The idea is that the guardian angel's target is always town, to make way for the devil's advocate for the evil and neutral roles. GA is guarenteed to be town, not so that it saves them time checking their role, but so that DA has his evil roles.

The GA isnt told whether their target is town or not, if a GA gets a target, they are confirmed town. With my change it is impossible for GA to get any other faction to protect but town.
Nurse
Devil's advocate
Engineer
Telepath
Firefighter

I currently go by as CovenNineteen, but when the pandemics over I'll change back to my usual, which is Postwillandrole
PikamanUltra
Witch
Witch

Postby Brilliand » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:40 pm

PikamanUltra wrote:The idea is that the guardian angel's target is always town, to make way for the devil's advocate for the evil and neutral roles. GA is guarenteed to be town, not so that it saves them time checking their role, but so that DA has his evil roles.

The GA isnt told whether their target is town or not, if a GA gets a target, they are confirmed town. With my change it is impossible for GA to get any other faction to protect but town.

This is identical to what I described, except that you show the GA a different role name if he has a non-Town target, which makes no practical difference (except to notify him that he has a non-Town target, and to tell the Town that fact if he happens to die).

The DA is just a GA with different labeling, so you aren't really proposing something new here, just a different label for one of the roles some of the time.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PikamanUltra » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:43 am

Brilliand wrote:
PikamanUltra wrote:The idea is that the guardian angel's target is always town, to make way for the devil's advocate for the evil and neutral roles. GA is guarenteed to be town, not so that it saves them time checking their role, but so that DA has his evil roles.

This is identical to what I described, except that you show the GA a different role name if he has a non-Town target, which makes no practical difference (except to notify him that he has a non-Town target, and to tell the Town that fact if he happens to die).

The DA is just a GA with different labeling, so you aren't really proposing something new here, just a different label for one of the roles some of the time.

Yeah, pretty much, I think it needs new labeling if it's an evil role
Nurse
Devil's advocate
Engineer
Telepath
Firefighter

PikamanUltra
Witch
Witch

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:36 am

PikamanUltra wrote:Guardian Angel change: Your target is always a town member.
New role: Devil’s advocate: Exactly the same as guardian angel but it’s target is always maf, coven, NE or NK

Except at that point, the GA can't be a neutral role since its wincon would only be fulfilled by the town.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby mikimomo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 pm

I think Ga should have Town and NB as a target for sure if this change ever got implemented. I also think GA should have Invincible Defence, as its AN ANGEL. How do you kill a celestial being?
mikimomo

Postby Brilliand » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:35 pm

mikimomo wrote:I think Ga should have Town and NB as a target for sure if this change ever got implemented. I also think GA should have Invincible Defence, as its AN ANGEL. How do you kill a celestial being?

Game balance though.

Also, thematically a celestial being shouldn't even be one of the 15 people in the town; it should be in the sky somewhere where no one can visit it or vote it up.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:23 am

Brilliand wrote:
mikimomo wrote:I think Ga should have Town and NB as a target for sure if this change ever got implemented. I also think GA should have Invincible Defence, as its AN ANGEL. How do you kill a celestial being?

Game balance though.

Also, thematically a celestial being shouldn't even be one of the 15 people in the town; it should be in the sky somewhere where no one can visit it or vote it up.

Again, game balance. Theme is second to mechanics.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby Brilliand » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:04 am

Blackwolfe99 wrote:Again, game balance. Theme is second to mechanics.

?

I can't tell whether you're agreeing or disagreeing with me.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas