Eldritch Horror Campaign (signups?)

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Eldritch Horror Campaign (signups?)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:53 pm

Hey everyone. I've got a lot of time to kill thanks to the quarantine, and I've had this ready to go for about a year now, I've always just been waiting for the right people to pop up and decide they wanted to commit to this.

Basically, the pitch is this: I have all of the components to Eldritch Horror going up to Signs of Carcosa (probably more soon). During another incident where I had a lot of time to myself, I wrote a full-blown story campaign mode where you and a team of other investigators go toe to toe with 8 Ancient Ones. I've written an entire package of rules, interactions, background, and special scenarios as the players progress through the story.

(Also working on trying to expand the mode to cover all currently released gods, but this is a work in progress)

I'm basically hoping to find 4 other people familiar enough with the game and interested in taking on the commitment about the same degree as a DnD Campaign. I expect this to take about 1-2 months just with the first 8 gods. Would there be any interest in this?

NOTE: Again, as this has the same commitment as a DnD campaign, this is not your typical like, FM game. In case you don't know, games of Eldritch Horror run really, REALLY long even when everyone is present, so if you want to play sporadically and pop up every now and then, games could take about a year. If you want to be part of this, please commit. We don't need to be meeting every hour of every day, but it's my hope that any particular game can be finished within about a week or so, or that's my plan. It can be done if people don't flake on it.

NOTE 2: By the way- you do not need anything if you have interest in taking part of this. I have all of the game components, so I can run everything for anyone interested- all I need is for you to engage when I give you your options. Pretty much the only thing you need is familiarity with the game, and then you're set.
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Re: Eldritch Horror Campaign (testing waters)

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:55 pm

I’m interested but have never heard of the game
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:I’m interested but have never heard of the game

Will Wheaton did a really nice step by step (with in character embellishment) of the game once. I'll see if I can pull it up for you.

^ Here you go. This is a pretty nice step by step of the base game. I have four additional expansions to really enrich the game more, but all in all, they don't change the mechanics as much as they add just more to the decks already present here.

(yes I'm aware this is an hour long video, but it's a better alternative to spending the same exact hour reading the rulebook PDF)
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:42 pm

Same as Chemist xD
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:00 pm

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Same as Chemist xD

Have either you or Chemist watched the Wil Wheaton video yet? :P

Rickdaily12

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Haven't gotten a chance yet, nope
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby hereisme » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:04 pm

I've heard of the game and watched Tabletop (many times).
But it depends on when it's going to start if I'll have any time commitment issues.
Obviously right now everyone has a lot of extra time lol

P.S. everyone should check out Tabletop cause they have a lot of great board games featured on there :)
Who's the Wolf - mystery game with hidden WW attribute
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/vi ... 25&t=69984
hereisme
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:08 am

Ideally it would be great if we got started immediately, of course.

I think I might just run the games here in a Play-by-post format. Tabletop Simulator just doesn't run very well on my laptop and forces us all to commit to being together as we play.

I think the best way of doing this is would be a bit chaotic. I would allow people to submit actions whenever they wanted, but execute those actions in the order they're intended once I get everything.

It would also encourage players to work together if they wanted to synergize their actions ahead of time, and I think I like that concept.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:21 am

Bumping to just let everyone know that I have just acquired Signs of Carcosa to add to the components of our games as well.

Also, I have interest in other forums as well, so if you wanted to sign up and wouldn't mind playing this elsewhere, please let me know soon!

Rickdaily12

Re: Eldritch Horror Campaign (signups?)

Postby ARandomDouche » Sun May 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Fuck it, I'll join even if I don't know what I'm doing.
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Off-Topic Discussions