Vote Mechanic Change

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Vote Mechanic Change

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:57 am

No idea if this has been suggested before, if it has let me know and if possible could you link me to it so I can see the responses there.

I'd like to propose that we remove notifying Town of what specific people have voted before the action has been totalled at the end of the specific section the vote would apply to. For example, when voting someone onto the stand this proposition would have "X has voted for Y" to "Y has been voted". Once someone has been put on the stand there would be an announcement such as the following (similar to how voting guilty/innocent works):
X had voted for Y.
Z had voted for Y.
Y had voted for X.

This would make accidentally voting someone that outs you as scum but it would not totally remove that form of evidence for Town completely. It would just help scum a lot more imo and would also make bmed targets less obvious.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Vote Mechanic Change

Postby Royee » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:09 am

If I get you correctly it can hurt scum. In a scenario when mafia is close to majority with town, they have a teammate up on a trail with the day timer close to end and they don't know who has voted on their teammate this can easily backfire and reveal all of the mafia members.
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby CrimsonKatana » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:25 am

N O S U P P O R T
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:10 pm

This is one of the tools that Town should be using. It's also pretty easy for Mafia to use it deceptively, if they prioritize that.

I'd much rather see one of the Town's sources of confirmed information nerfed, such as the graveyard role list.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:02 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:No idea if this has been suggested before, if it has let me know and if possible could you link me to it so I can see the responses there.

I'd like to propose that we remove notifying Town of what specific people have voted before the action has been totalled at the end of the specific section the vote would apply to. For example, when voting someone onto the stand this proposition would have "X has voted for Y" to "Y has been voted". Once someone has been put on the stand there would be an announcement such as the following (similar to how voting guilty/innocent works):
X had voted for Y.
Z had voted for Y.
Y had voted for X.

This would make accidentally voting someone that outs you as scum but it would not totally remove that form of evidence for Town completely. It would just help scum a lot more imo and would also make bmed targets less obvious.

While reducing the ability of blackmailed targets to communicate would be desirable (if the town were compensated in some way), this would allow a totally anonymous mechanism for communicating with the town, and (even worse) an anonymous method of pushing lynches. That goes against the basic principles of mafia.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Suggestions