Executioner Buff

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Executioner Buff

Postby ShylokVakarian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Don't you just hate when you burn an Executioner scroll, and then your target dies Night 1 through random chance, turning you into a Jester immediately before you can even get an accusatory word in? I think Executioner should not be assigned their target until the end of Night 1, where their target is a valid Exe target that survives Night 1. They could be given the message "Memories of [Target] bullying you haunt your dreams, and you wake up with an intense rage. They MUST be publicly executed." If there, somehow, are no valid targets, you just turn into a Jester that night, maybe with the message "Your dreams are haunted by unspeakable horrors, driving you insane. You have turned into a Jester!". This message might also be shown if your target dies at night, getting rid of the bland "Your target has died. You have become a Jester!" message that plays after the Daily Deaths. This change is intended to reduce Executioner salt and slightly lower the number of Jesters appearing.
Last edited by ShylokVakarian on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Executioner Buff

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:45 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm a little worried about reducing the Executioner's time to prepare, but provided the message comes at the end of night 1 (and not the start of day 2), it should be OK.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby StrahmDude » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:45 am

This world be a great re-work for the executioner. It might be cool if they learned that person's role as well, might help them get them executed. Also, do exes still win if their target gets executed after they die? (I think yes?)
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Brilliand » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:32 am

StrahmDude wrote:Also, do exes still win if their target gets executed after they die? (I think yes?)

In the current game, no. You have to live to see your target lynched (though it doesn't matter what happens to you after that event).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby StrahmDude » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:44 am

Brilliand wrote:
StrahmDude wrote:Also, do exes still win if their target gets executed after they die? (I think yes?)

In the current game, no. You have to live to see your target lynched (though it doesn't matter what happens to you after that event).

Ah, gotcha. Thank you!
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Postby DragonClaw66 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:24 am

I clicked on this thread expecting a stupid buff to a role that doesn't really need it, but I was pleasantly surprised. This is a good change, and the fact that it reduces the appearance of the Jester makes me like it even more. I support it.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Return to Role Ideas