Baker (Town Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Is the role balanced?

Yes
No votes
No
17%
Don't Know, but seems unfun
50%
Don't Know, but seems fun
33%

Total votes : 6

Baker (Town Killing)

Postby NightTwoMedium » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:42 am

Name: Baker

Attack: Powerful

Defense: None

Unique Role: No

Priority: 5 (Kill) 2 (Night Ability)

Abilities:

During the Day, You may select a player where a feast will be held that takes note of all players that attend it

During the Night,(If there were players that attended the feast)You will recieve a number saying how many player have visited the feast,You may also decide if you want to check them or not, If you do decide to check them then all of them will be checked, if one of them have the potential to kill they are all Weakened however you will not be notified if one of them was kill-capable

Mechanics pt 1:

(How the Ability works)

-If the players were weakened once you will have Astral Visits when visiting them

-If the players were weakened twice they are dealt by a Powerful Attack

-If you have killed a Town-Aligned role you will deal an Unstoppable Attack to yourself the next night and get a roleblock that ignores your immunity

-After 2 nights have passed or the Baker has died / gave you the antidote, Weakened targets are freed from this status

(How to attend the feast)

-If you were the Baker's target where the feast was held 

-If you have visited the place where the feast was held

(Other)

The Jailor cannot be Weakened by Jailing a player where a feast would've been held

Players will not know if they were weakened nor given an antidote

(Interaction with other bakers)

You cannot interact or influence another Baker's weakened progression

(Roles that are included as "Kill capable)

​Town​

​Vigilante​
​Jailor​
​Veteran​
​Bodyguard​
​Trapper​
​Crusader​
​Vampire Hunter​

​Mafia​

All of them

​Coven​

All of them

​Neutral​

All NK
​Pirate​
​Witch​
​Vampire​

Attributes:

-You may prepare up to 4 feasts per game 

-You become unroleblockable (Can still be roleblocked by roles that ignores the immunity) temporarily for 1 night after killing a player

-You may instead give someone an antidote if you don't decide to prepare a Feast

-If you were roleblocked while making a feast , the feast is cancelled

Mechanics pt 2:

N/A

-Investigative Results-

Sheriff:  Your target seems Innocent.

Investigator: ​Vigilante​/​Veteran​/​Mafioso​/​Ambusher​/​Pirate​/Baker

Consigliere/Witch: Your target prepares a feast that is secretely poisoned. They must be the Baker

Goal: Same as ​Town​

Wins With: Same as ​Town​

Must Kill: Same as ​Town​

-You have decided to prepare a feast on Player X

-You have decided to give an antidote to player X 

-You feel weak, you were poisoned to death by a Baker!

-X amount of players have visited the feast (Will always have a minimum of 1)

Small Lore: (WIP)

Discussion: (WIP)
Last edited by NightTwoMedium on Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightTwoMedium

Re: Baker (Town Killing)

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:36 pm

I don't think lowering natural defence is a good mechanic - it's too fiddly (lots of details to consider, not much effect on the game). This role's attack basically works out to be Powerful, just call it that.

With the large number of simultaneous targets, this also works out to be a TK of mass destruction, which seems like a bad idea to me. (The "suicide if you kill a townie" mechanic also doesn't fit for mass-killing TKs.)

The antidote mechanic seems pointless, since the Baker can just refrain from visiting that person again.

Why the heck are Witch and Consigliere considered "kill-capable"?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NightTwoMedium » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:29 pm

Brilliand wrote:I don't think lowering natural defence is a good mechanic - it's too fiddly (lots of details to consider, not much effect on the game). This role's attack basically works out to be Powerful, just call it that.

With the large number of simultaneous targets, this also works out to be a TK of mass destruction, which seems like a bad idea to me. (The "suicide if you kill a townie" mechanic also doesn't fit for mass-killing TKs.)

The antidote mechanic seems pointless, since the Baker can just refrain from visiting that person again.

Why the heck are Witch and Consigliere considered "kill-capable"?

The antidote mechanic is just for safety incase someone decides to visit another feast that they didn't want to go in,which would be bad if you are planning to survive

I just added Witch and Consigliere as kill capable since well they're evil it's simple as that

Do you think it would be better as an NK?, ofc it's ability would be unlimited or is there hope for it being a TK?
NightTwoMedium

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:52 pm

NightTwoMedium wrote:The antidote mechanic is just for safety incase someone decides to visit another feast that they didn't want to go in,which would be bad if you are planning to survive

I don't think I understand how feasts work. The first line says "You can hold a feast", then the second line says "You can select up to 4 people", so I figured those "4 people are the people visiting the feast. Are people able to visit the feast some other way too?

NightTwoMedium wrote:Do you think it would be better as an NK?, ofc it's ability would be unlimited or is there hope for it being a TK?

It's too destructive for any role category, I think. 2 nights to kill 4 people? Hmm, it might work as "Famine, Horseman of the Apocalypse" (but you'd need to give it a non-killing "larval form").
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NightTwoMedium » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:59 pm

Way how feast works is this

D1: Pick a player to hold a feast on
N1:Wait
D2:idk vfr?
N2: The target and their visitors are now shown to you, You can now select up to 4 players at maximum, all of them will be checked if one of them is a kill capable
D3:?? Idk hold a feast again?

I explained how to attend the feast in the Others part in the mechanics pt 1 section

Sure i'll make an NK version like pest then however they should appear faster ofc since well they don't kill immediately
NightTwoMedium

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:01 pm

NightTwoMedium wrote:N2: The target and their visitors are now shown to you, You can now select up to 4 players at maximum, all of them will be checked if one of them is a kill capable

Oh, it has a Lookout power, and it can only kill people who it saw with its Lookout power? That's way less destructive than I thought, I take back what I said about this being a mass destruction role.

Except, seeing as how it does have a Lookout power... it can do what the Lookout does, and the Lookout is currently overpowered. Since this role can do more than just be a Lookout, it needs to be distinctly worse than the Lookout at being a Lookout (a 1-night delay isn't enough). Perhaps it only sees the number of players who attended, and chooses to poison them or not, rather than seeing the names of the players who attended?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NightTwoMedium » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:44 am

Brilliand wrote:
NightTwoMedium wrote:N2: The target and their visitors are now shown to you, You can now select up to 4 players at maximum, all of them will be checked if one of them is a kill capable

Oh, it has a Lookout power, and it can only kill people who it saw with its Lookout power? That's way less destructive than I thought, I take back what I said about this being a mass destruction role.

Except, seeing as how it does have a Lookout power... it can do what the Lookout does, and the Lookout is currently overpowered. Since this role can do more than just be a Lookout, it needs to be distinctly worse than the Lookout at being a Lookout (a 1-night delay isn't enough). Perhaps it only sees the number of players who attended, and chooses to poison them or not, rather than seeing the names of the players who attended?

If so would it have a chance at being a decent TK?
NightTwoMedium

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:49 am

NightTwoMedium wrote:
Brilliand wrote:Since this role can do more than just be a Lookout, it needs to be distinctly worse than the Lookout at being a Lookout (a 1-night delay isn't enough). Perhaps it only sees the number of players who attended, and chooses to poison them or not, rather than seeing the names of the players who attended?

If so would it have a chance at being a decent TK?

Could be. It's developing into something unique and not-too-unbalanced, but I think there's still an issue where 2 poisonings to kill is too many; the odds aren't good enough that you'll catch the same person twice. 1 poisoning to kill would be too destructive, though, so the role needs something in between... idk what.
Last edited by Brilliand on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NightTwoMedium » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:25 am

Update Changes: #1

-Baker's Attack is now Powerful

-(Clarify) You cannot make a feast take place on yourself

-You will no longer receive the names of all those who've visited the feast but instead you will receive how many (numbers) have visited the feast

-(Clarify) You will not be notified if someone was "kill-capable" when checking the feast's visitors

-When players are weakened once , the Baker will receive Astral Visits when visiting the weakened target

-You will now be temporarily roleblock immune after killing a Non-Town Aligned role for 1 night

-You will now also be roleblocked that also ignores your temporary roleblock immunity after killing a Town Aligned Role

-If you were roleblocked the night preparing the feast, the feast will be cancelled (Ex: Made a feast on D1, gets roleblocked N1, by N2 you will not recieve any results from the last feast since you were roleblocked)

-You may only give an antidote to a player if you didn't decide to prepare a feast

-The total amount of preparable feasts is increased from 4 to 5 times per game

-(Clarify) Since the feast also makes the "host" (Basically where you have decided to prepare a feast on) participate in the "checking of kill-capables", you will always receive a minimum 1 player per feast

Unsure Changes:

-To allow the Baker to have a faster and consistent KPN he may now decide to make 2 feasts at the same time and the ability is reworked so that he can only perform this day ability three times per game. (Basically if you do your day ability and select up 1-2 feasts, then 1 ability charge will be taken away during the night)

-It may need a buff in the "notification" department since there isn't much you can do to know who actually visited the feast except the host itself, so I think that instead of an antidote you can now check if someone was "Weakened"
NightTwoMedium

Return to Role Ideas