Role Idea - Analyst (TI)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Role Idea - Analyst (TI)

Postby StickyLegend » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:36 am

Before you read: I know you are not supposed to have post mortem roles that see who killed who, but this role sees all VISITS, not only who killed someone, so I think this fits. Also, I didn't realise at the time but this role is quite similar to another role someone written on Reddit, accept the Reddit only sees who killed who (post-mortem lookout).

The role idea is also here (https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:400378), some people liked it, some didn't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyst (TI)

Role: Analyst

Goal: Lynch all evildoers!

Alignment: TI

Attack: None

Defence: None

Unique: No

Attributes and Skills: The Analyst will choose two players at night. The first one has to be alive, and the second has to be dead. It will then tell him which days the alive player has visited the dead player.

Text: “You decide to check for John’s fingerprints on Lucas!”,

“You change your mind, you will now check for Drake’s fingerprints on John!”

“Drake’s fingerprints match with John on N2, N3, N7!

Sheriff results: Not suspicious.

Invest Results: Lookout, Forger, Coven Leader, ANALYST.

Witch/consig results: He examines corpses for evidence, he must be the Analyst.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other Stuff: He is basically a buffed Tracker/Lookout, under stricter conditions. Because he has to choose 2 players and hope they match, it is unlikely he’ll find a match most of the time. However the Tracker/Lookout only chooses 1 target and finds visits immediately. The later the game progresses, the better this character will become. As during early game, it is near impossible to find 2 matching people, however, late game, you can match one of the last 3 other people with a recently killed player and you basically have a 1/3 chance of finding the killer.

This may be a little buffed (or too weak) for right now. However, if in the future there is a new faction which is really powerful, I’d like to see a character like this added.
StickyLegend

Re: Role Idea - Analyst (TI)

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:39 am

Buffed tracker/lookout? I'd call him much weaker than either.

I have seen similar roles, and they've been fairly well-received. This particular version is too weak, I think... as you mentioned, it's unlikely he'll find a match most of the time; in fact he's less likely to find a matching living/dead pairing than the Sheriff is to find an evil. (And most of the time, this role will just be hunting for the Mafioso anyway.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby StickyLegend » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:50 am

Brilliand wrote:Buffed tracker/lookout? I'd call him much weaker than either.

You mustn't of read it properly. I said a buffed tracker/lookout UNDER STRICTER CONDITIONS. I believe this because instead of just seeing who visited somebody that night, they see every night (thus, its buffed in a sense). However it is under stricter conditions because he has to match two working people (plus one has to be dead), so while it is stronger if done right it is VERY difficult to do right
StickyLegend

Postby Malphas » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:29 am

I agree with both of you, but Brilliand is right in that the rile is kinda weakened compaired with tracker and lookout. So, I think you should buff it some subtle way, maybe basic defence when investigating, but that doesn't fit theme of the role...
Malphas

Return to Role Ideas