Keep parties intact

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Keep parties intact

Postby Yemac » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:12 pm

So, often times I want to play with a couple of friends, but it annoys me so much that you have to type in all the usernames again and again if you want to play more games with them.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could have a party everyone stays in until they leave?

How it would work
- so this is basically extra info on how I would see this working. It doesn't really matter for the idea itself, but more background info -

Say I invite 3 people to a party. How it is now is that I have to type/click (if I friended them) each name and wait for them each to accept. If a game is over, I and the others have to do that again and again.
With this add-on, if I invite those 3 people and they accept, we are now a party. We start a game, play the game and after a little while the game ends. When I leave the game, instead of getting send back to the homepage (of a user), everyone gets sent back to the party page. There the host can decide to start another game or whatever. If you or someone else leaves the party (or a lobby) you can play normally again.

It would just be so much easier to not have to invite back 14 people again and again.

let me know what ya'll think.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Keep parties intact

Postby Superalex11 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:48 pm

Either this, or at least the option to (e.g. a separate "re-join party" button in post-game screen). Absolutely agree.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:26 pm

This seems like common sense. BMG should also add private lobbies, so people who don't have 14 friends to play with can still play with them. This would also attract new players who don't like playing with strangers.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Transcender » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Joacgroso wrote:This seems like common sense. BMG should also add private lobbies, so people who don't have 14 friends to play with can still play with them. This would also attract new players who don't like playing with strangers.

i believe this is planned but not prioritized. this should be added also, but i doubt it will any time soon.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:22 am

Hmmm, I can see auto lobbying causing a lot of afk players entering into matches.

Party friends die n1 or early game and tab out while they wait for the match to end... sometimes staying afk by the time the next party is ready to match.

Party friends who take a break during the course of 8 games, automatically entering party, getting dragged into lobby, then afk the whole game as an important role.

Waiting for them to accept, is the thing that proves they arent afk/ going to be afk. Is it really so hard to click names on the invite screen?? Maybe the rejoin party button would work, but you would still have to wait for them to click.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:54 am

But they shouldn't go to another game as soon as their current game finishes. They would go to the party, where they would be able to leave. If you're playing with friends, you will probably use the party chat to talk about wheter to play again or not, and then you will notice they are AFK. Even then, the problem are the leavers, not the feature.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:19 am

nope, ofc we're going to play again, why would we be chatting bout that? As soon as the party is in, its go time so we dont miss the half full lobby (or overfill it by 1 player) causing us a 5 minute wait til the next match, the only chatting being done is until the last player enters, (and its usually either ToS strategies used in the last game, or how some noob stuffed up and wrecked the whole game for the faction, or something completely unrelated to ToS) and if youre not there by 1 minute after previous game has ended, you can queue on your own :P

with an auto lobby, half the hosts will hit go as soon as all the party is in, not ask everyone to type something so we know they arent afk XD maybe a ''ready'' button in the party lobby would be needed, or as mentioned above, a rejoin lobby button in the after game screen, to confirm the player is there...
Last edited by kyuss420 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Yemac » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:50 am

But... You still need to wait 10 seconds before a lobby starts (except rank but parties don't work in Ranked). So even IF Host were to start immediately after the previous game ended, you can still leave.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:09 am

i dont understand how someone can leave if they are afk tho.....
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Yemac » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:53 pm

That's more a problem for the trial system to solve than this idea. If you die, and don't want to play anymore, you can leave the game and will automatically be removed from the party. Only if you wait and leave the game AFTER a game has ended, then you will be put back in the party screen where you can leave.

If you go afk somewhere in between, then that's your own fault and you should be reported. Afk after death shouldn't really be allowed either since there might be a ret in the game that's waiting.

Furthermore, this idea can be extended/modified. Like adding a button to leave your party inside the game.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:28 pm

adding more work to the volunteers in the trial system isnt really a solution to any problem. There has to be a button to show you arent afk and ready to match before you are entered into any lobby.

Going afk after death, while waiting for your party to finish the match, usually happens well after giving a ret any chance to revive, let alone if your were a solo evil, NK or nuetral who died to veteran/medusa n1 and have to wait 15-20 minutes for your party to finish playing.... It would hardly be my fault for being afk, if I was auto lobbied and the host started the match without my knowledge...

All Im saying is there would have to be a ''ready'' button inside the party lobby that you would need to click, before the host can start, proving that you arent afk and prepared to play a match. Thus giving the host a chance to kick any afks before joining into a game lobby.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby DoodleNoodleFroodle » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:14 am

I don't understand why you are going into 'what ifs' the facts are there and they say we could use such a feature.
If it causes trouble as such described by you then it's the players you should blame not the feature.
DoodleNoodleFroodle
Jester
Jester

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:45 am

but adding a feature that causes more afks/leavers is just stupid. The amount of afks and leavers in matches atm is ludicrous. Its not a ''what if'', because it will happen a lot, I only play in parties and people come and go, then come back, all the time over the course of 10 matches. If BMG then choose to start banning for leaving/being afk again, then the appeals section will be full of '' I was auto lobbied, and the host started before I could leave''.

This is more of a problem, than having to wait 15 seconds for people to join (and confirm they arent afk) when you are host, or you having to click down your friend list...Or even with the feature added...having to wait for the auto lobbied players to click a ready button...(you can always kick them, if they havent clicked in 2 seconds)

Or if they add the feature, (without a confirmation button inside the lobby, for the participants..oh no heaven forbid the 5 seconds that woud take to click) then it would only be fair for party host to also cop the afk/leaving report, for bringing the player into the game, when they had no intention to be there.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Suggestions